Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tuesday 2/14 Discussion Thread

Just starting this early because I've already played my games for today.

2* Wake Forest +17 - This team is starting to play defense, and I think they will insist on getting the ball to E. Williams to get S. Williams in foul trouble. This is way too talented a team to be getting this many points.

1* Alabama +5 - Some of you may have noticed I have been going against Alabama with some regularity, but truth be told this team is better than South Carolina, and they are playing extremely well defensively. Jermareo Davidson is the best big man that noone talks about.

1* Bowling Green +13 - For some reason, I am always betting on Bowling Green, and they do tend to grab the money more often than not. There is virtually no chance they will win this game, but they have been competitive most of the year.

1* Seton Hall +5 - This is simply a case of disparate results in the last game giving us a great number here. My line on this game is WVU (who I have been telling people is my second choice to win the national championship, so don't think I am anti-WVU) as only a two-point favorite.

1* Evansville +17 - No choice but taking the inflated number here with a bad Evansville team. Missouri St. is not the type of team that wins games by 20 points. Evansville has actually been playing well of late, as they actually won a road game at Drake.

1* Illinois St. -1.5 - Going against a bad Drake team here, as Illinois St. is good enough to defend their homecourt against the dregs of the MVC.

Might bet on Morehead St. as well, if I decide to go to the game in Jacksonville. My line on that game is MSU +9.5, so I might have to.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

That was quite a beating Seton Hall took from UConn (42 points) ... Any lingering affects from that and they get blown out in this game.

Razz

This might sound stupid - I actually think it does, so I'm sure everyone else will - but Seton Hall actually played with UCONN for awhile before getting down 10 at halftime. They were extremely dispirited in the second half. Anyways, I think that, combined with WVU's road win, combine to create an extremely playable line.

I also just locked in:

2* Michigan St. +3.5 - I am fully aware of the dangers of taking road teams in the Big 10, but Izzo always has his team ready after bad performances, and Michigan St. is the more athletic, deeper team here. I feel very strongly that they will be victorious.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love all those plays Razz except for Alabama. South Carolina I think might cover.

I really like the West Virginia play also. I follow the this team closer than almost any other and like you..i think they'll be a force in the tourney. However like you again..it'll be a 1 or 2 basket deciding game.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

good stuff razz...with you so far on Bowling Green...

Razz

Good to know pags (actually saw you ended up with a little Wake as well).

Does anyone know why the Creighton @ Wichita St. line is dropping? Creighton will be without at least one, probably two starters, and Wichita St. has revenge from a fluke loss earlier this season.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wake Forest is just not a good team this year. to see them get this many points quite frankly scares me a little bit.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Wake Forest is just not a good team this year. to see them get this many points quite frankly scares me a little bit.
    It's OK Dan mate, don't worry. The boys and I will look after ya.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

razz,

yeah, I'm on Wake as well...only thing I can think of is that the dogs have been covering in a lot of these MVC games...I'm staying away though...GL...

JayEgdarWho
    JayEgdarWho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz

I also just locked in:

2* Michigan St. +3.5 - I am fully aware of the dangers of taking road teams in the Big 10, but Izzo always has his team ready after bad performances, and Michigan St. is the more athletic, deeper team here. I feel very strongly that they will be victorious.
    This could be total BS, considering the source -- 86 year old Mpls columnist and the homer of all time -- (yes, I said 86):

===
    Saturday night after the Gophers' victory, Monson got an e-mail from Izzo that read: "I'm happy for you but you cost us the Big Ten title. I studied the tape of the game and concluded that we played a lot better than I thought. Your guys were the reason we didn't play well."
    =====

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I guess I am the only one who likes Iowa today!

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I guess I am the only one who likes Iowa today!
    I am with ya on Iowa 14-0 at home and MSU 6-6 (road)has play poorly on the road in the Big Ten this year with the exception of Ohio ST I belive they will stay true to form

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Iowa is 14-0@ Home that stat means something, to me and
    the bookmakers who made them 3pt fav. and my brother BIGD.