tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA halftime bets

Pistons ML (h)
    Tough test for the blazers especially after beating the pistons last season on the road. The pistons will look for some revenge and have beaten teams that they lost to in the 2006-07 season. Another reason I like the pistons is that they struggled in the first half against Miami. Seems like the pistons were not motivated to play the heat. A college team would not be motivated to play the Miami Heat. Pistons should be motivated against a potential playoff team, the blazers.

Hawks -1 (h)
    The hawks play tough at home and recently defeated the cavs in Jan 08. The hawks did not play well against the lakers for about 45 minutes of the game but hung in there. The lakers looked a little tired and it showed down the stretch. The cavs are not a good first half team and the only way you take the cavs in the first half is if they are underdogs and getting points. Rebounding will be an issue for the cavs as Gooden might miss the game. The cavs did cover in the first half of last night's game at houston. I look for the hawks to come out strong in this game.

Magic -1 (h)
    The lakers have played well in the first half of games and covered 4 in a row at the half. Kobe Bryant's finger may be an issue in this game and has struggled in their last 2 games. If lakers were 100% with Bynum healthy, I would roll with the lakers. The lakers have played well on this trip but playing on a long road trip will finally catch with the lakers.

Minnesota +3 (h)
    Have to roll with the twolves with no KG. The twolves have to be excited in playing one of the better teams in the league. Lately the twolves are playing much better. Minnesota played at home against houston in their last home game. The twolves failed to cover the halftime spread and were down by 5 at the half. Minnesota will come out strong and will take a lead on the celtics at the half.
    Last edited by tab; 02-08-08 at 01:30 AM. Reason: correction of spread