antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

you cant both be a liberal and a meathead. link to proof that lebron has been diagnosed as a sociopath.

free agency isn't over. i am waiting to see where mcgrady goes.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by ReiNNNN View Post
    lol u do realize free agency is over right?
    Huh? what are you talking about?

neila
    neila's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Put it this way, if Carmelo says "I want to be a Laker", do you think the Lakers will say "sorry, can't afford it, go somewhere else". Hell no they won't! They will f'in make it happen b/c if a player like that wants to play for you, you do what you gotta do and get him on your team. Especially if you're the LA Lakers.
    Exactly, I agree with this 100%.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

1- Bynum doesn't HAVE to be part of a deal. But with his injury history, it's not like he's untouchable. He was basically non-existent in 2 of their last 3 runs to the championship. Therefore he has obviously lost value. Also, the Lakers have defintitely put serious thought into trading him on more then 1 occasion (jason kidd, Chris Bosh etc)
    2- Jerry Buss is getting old and he isn't going to sit by and watch the Heat run away with 3 or 4 championships in the next 5 years. I can promise you that. He has proven over and over he'll do what it takes to win games. The Lakers are one of the most valuable franchise in sports and bring in stupid money on tickets and merchandise every year. Imagine getting a guy like Melo; you become even more popular and bring in even more money. There are ways to make it work. They would have to pull of a trade with either the Nuggets or do a 3-way deal with the Nugs and another team. Or they can pick him up and make some moves to dump salary.

3- How can 2 pure scorers co-exist? What you don't realize is that Carmelo Anthony is one of the best in the game at playing off the ball. Not with it. Carmelo posts up, is a great catch and shoot guy, and basically does the best of his damage playing off the ball. There is no debate; Carmelo is unbelievable playing off the ball, . There's a reason the Nuggets made that trade for Iverson a couple years ago. It's because Carmelo doesn't have to have the ball in his hands for 12 seconds to make something happen. He's at his best with a guy who is ball dominant.

Put it this way, if Carmelo says "I want to be a Laker", do you think the Lakers will say "sorry, can't afford it, go somewhere else". Hell no they won't! They will f'in make it happen b/c if a player like that wants to play for you, you do what you gotta do and get him on your team. Especially if you're the LA Lakers.
    I still don't see how Melo and Kobe will co-exist. They both do the same thing, score. LA doesn't need more scorers at that price. (Gutting their championship caliber roster)
    I think we also need to take a moment and realize that LA hasn't always been a title winning powerhouse. Sure they ahve been the most consistent, but everybody has off years. Look at the 90's for example where they didn't win a single title. The Lakers of the 90s were what the Dallas Mavericks of today are. Can win in the regular season, but can't win a title you say their life. So we shouldn't expect for them to always contend for a title, because in reality they won't. So it's very possbile and realistic that they just may have to watch the Heat for many years to come.
    Sure LA try and go after Melo if he asked. But we were on the subject of being realistic. I don't expect Melo to say that and I also don't expect the back to back champions to all of a sudden change their roster just to get him. There is an unwritten rule with teams that just won the championship, "Don't significantly change your roster". That's a dangerous game, which is why teams don't do it.
    Realistically speaking, I don't expect Melo to say he wants to play with LA. And even if he did, LA can't afford him. The only way LA changes their roster to get Melo is if they don't win a chmapionship this year. And by then, considering the lock out luming, Melo probably won't be on the market.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    I still don't see how Melo and Kobe will co-exist. They both do the same thing, score. LA doesn't need more scorers at that price. (Gutting their championship caliber roster) I think we also need to take a moment and realize that LA hasn't always been a title winning powerhouse. Sure they ahve been the most consistent, but everybody has off years. Look at the 90's for example where they didn't win a single title. The Lakers of the 90s were what the Dallas Mavericks of today are. Can win in the regular season, but can't win a title you say their life. So we shouldn't expect for them to always contend for a title, because in reality they won't. So it's very possbile and realistic that they just may have to watch the Heat for many years to come. Sure LA try and go after Melo if he asked. But we were on the subject of being realistic. I don't expect Melo to say that and I also don't expect the back to back champions to all of a sudden change their roster just to get him. There is an unwritten rule with teams that just won the championship, "Don't significantly change your roster". That's a dangerous game, which is why teams don't do it. Realistically speaking, I don't expect Melo to say he wants to play with LA. And even if he did, LA can't afford him. The only way LA changes their roster to get Melo is if they don't win a chmapionship this year. And by then, considering the lock out luming, Melo probably won't be on the market.
    Kobe will be 33 next season. He can't carry the perimeter scoring load forever. Also, you are confused about Carmelo as a player. i have already explained to you that Carmelo plays at his best off the ball, and does the majority of his scoring off the ball; MEANING, he moves without the ball, gets himself into good positions, and generally scores quickly or off the catch. He gets set up by other guys. He's a catch and shoot guy or a guy who gets position on the elbow or close to the block and then receives the ball. Guy's like him are terrific in half-court offenses like the Lakers. He would thrive in our offense. Basically, A guy like Melo fits perfectly with Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.
    As far as your "unwritten rule" about changing the roster after a championship. Well, they haven't won next season's championship. Like i said three or 4 times before "IF THE HEAT RUN AWAY WITH THIS THING, THE LAKERS WILL MAKE A MOVE, THEY WON'T SIT BY AND WATCH THE HEAT WIN A BUNCH OF CHAMPIONSHIPS".
    Do you know Carmelo? You don't know a lot about his game other then "he scores", so i doubt you know much about him as a person. first you say 'why would they mess with the roster after they win the championship', well, they haven't won the 2010-2011 nba championship yet, so who knows what type of position they'll be in at the end of next season. Maybe they get bumped in the 1st round. Secondly, you say it's unrealistic for Carmelo to want to go to LA. How do you know what is realistic to Carmelo Anthony? Maybe he doesn't want to sit idle and watch his buddies run away with championships year after year, or maybe he doesn't give a shit. How could you possibly say that "realistically he won't want to play in LA", that's such a foolish statement. You couldn't have less of a clue about what Carmelo Anthony would realistically want, or what his wishes are, or what he wants to do with his life/career, and either could I.
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 07-14-10 at 07:03 PM.

Bradyd

Kobe will be 33 next season. He can't carry the perimeter scoring load forever. As far as your "unwritten rule" about changing the roster after a championship. Well, they haven't won next season's championship. Like i said three or 4 times before "IF THE HEAT RUN AWAY WITH THIS THING, THE LAKERS WILL MAKE A MOVE, THEY WON'T SIT BY AND WATCH THE HEAT WIN A BUNCH OF CHAMPIONSHIPS".
    Do you know Carmelo? You don't know a lot about his game other then "he scores", so i doubt you know much about him as a person. first you say 'why would they mess with the roster after they win the championship', well, they haven't won the 2010-2011 nba championship yet, so who knows what type of position they'll be in at the end of next season. Maybe they get bumped in the 1st round. 2nd, you say it's unrealistic for Carmelo to want to go to LA. i gave you half a dozen reasons why it is very realistic. How do you know what is realistic to Carmelo Anthony? Maybe he doesn't want to sit by idle and watch his buddies run away with championships next year, or maybe he doesn't give a shit. How could you possibly say that "realistically he won't want to play in LA", that's such a foolish statement. You couldn't have less of a clue about what Carmelo Anthony realistically want, or what his wishes are and what he wants to do with his life/career, and either could I.
    You clearly didn't read anything I said.
    1. The Lakers won the 2009-2010 Championship. Which means The unwritten rule is to "not significantly change your championship roster for the next season", 2010-2011 in this case.

2.You said I don't know what Carmelo wishes and neither do you. Than why are you only allowed to give what's realistic and what's not? I know that Lakers have no extra money left and I know it's NOT realistic for them to try and get Melo now. I also know that it's WON'T be realistic for Melo to still be available at the end of the season. Could it happen? Sure, but it's not realistic!!!
    Last edited by Bradyd; 07-14-10 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typo

Tree Rollins

You clearly didn't read anything I said. 1. The Lakers won the 2009-2010 Championship. Which means The unwritten rule is to "not significantly change your championship roster for the next season", 2010-2011 in this case. 2.You said I don't know what Carmelo wishes and neither do you. Than why are you only allowed to give what's realistic and what's not? I know that Lakers have no extra money left and I know it's NOT realistic for them to try and get Melo now. I also know that it's WON'T be realistic for Melo to still be available at the end of the season. Could it happen? Sure, but it's not realistic!!!
    \

Why the hell are you talking about during the season? Carmelo isn't a free agent until after the season unless they trade for him during the season, which isn't going to happen. You've been sitting here arguing about getting Carmelo during the season this year? lol. You are so confused.

Bradyd

I am confused?? What in the world makes you think they won't trade him during the season?? I hope you know that the Lakers ONLY have a chance at Melo is with a TRADE. They can't sign him straight up. They dont' have the money! If Melo doesn't sign the extension, Denver will probably unload him during the season. Because if they wait until the offseason, there is a chance they will lose him without getting anything in return.. My goodness dude, do you even know anything about the NBA??

Tree Rollins

I am confused?? What in the world makes you think they won't trade him during the season?? I hope you know that the Lakers ONLY have a chance at Melo is with a TRADE. They can't sign him straight up. They dont' have the money! If Melo doesn't sign the extension, Denver will probably unload him during the season. Because if they wait until the offseason, there is a chance they will lose him without getting anything in return.. My goodness dude, do you even know anything about the NBA??
    All you know about the nba is what you hear on tv. You can't formulate an opinion on your own and you certainly can't watch a game and understand it. You don't know what's what or who's who. The only thing you know about Carmelo Anthony's life or game is that "he scores". lol.

Tree Rollins

Try playing basketball outside of your driveway. You might get a clue what you're talking about. You made it clear that you don't know jack shit about Carmelo Anthony, the guy we're talking about. He sure does score though! you got that right!

Tree Rollins

That Carmelo Anthony sure is a scorer! i got him down to a tee!

Tree Rollins

I got that Carmelo Anthony down pat! I'm an expert on him. He scores points dammit! I can read him like a book. I guarentee that he will score. Cuz that's what he does. He scores. Trust me i watched him play one time and he shot that there basketball bout 20 times. Daggonit he scores that there ball I tell ya!

Tree Rollins

garsh darnit that black feller carmelo anferny is a scorer i tell ya! he scores! and i can read his mind. He gets the ball and i'm like "i bet he wants to score", and then he shoots! i got god damn esp on that feller. i can tell he wants to shoot that damn ball and he does!

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

I just hope the Cavs win next year. Impossible? No.

Bradyd

Wow... Didn't know I was talking to a 5 year old. My bad kiddo.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by icsky3 View Post
    I just hope the Cavs win next year. Impossible? No.
    That would be epic...

Tree Rollins

Wow... Didn't know I was talking to a 5 year old. My bad kiddo.
    Damn man, it must be depressing for a 5 year old to explain Carmelo Anthony's game to you.

At least you were man enough to wave that flag. You were a little late with that, but you waved it nonetheless. Respect for that. I accept your surrender.

Bradyd

Damn man, it must be depressing for a 5 year old to explain Carmelo Anthony's game to you.

At least you were man enough to wave that flag. You were a little late with that, but you waved it nonetheless. Respect for that. I accept your surrender.
    Kids say the darndest things...
    I don't know what's worst: You using the race card or you not knowing that you have yet to dispute the fact that he is a pure scorer. I would bring numbers into the equation but with you being a 5 year old, that might not help much. BTW I always "surrender" to individuals I clearly have the advantage over in knowledge. It's my way of letting them have their moment. So here is your moment kiddo, but a word of advice: Don't ever get into a debate and say Melo isn't a pure scorer. Others may not be as nice to you. Enjoy the rest of your debate, I'm out! .... You crack me up
    Last edited by Bradyd; 07-15-10 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Didn't post correctly

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

This thread is a complete fantasy, if Gilbert didn't get anybody good to play with James for the last 7 years, why would he do something drastic now? Even if he did, he'd be like the Chicago Cubs, spend a lot of money and still never win.

Gilbert was so close, just a superstar away from winning and never did happen. Who would want to play for this lunatic anyway whose franchise has a so-so coach? Gilbert is one of those owners that makes you wonder how he got so rich.

Tree Rollins

Kids say the darndest things... I don't know what's worst: You using the race card or you not knowing that you have yet to dispute the fact that he is a pure scorer. I would bring numbers into the equation but with you being a 5 year old, that might not help much. BTW I always "surrender" to individuals I clearly have the advantage over in knowledge. It's my way of letting them have their moment. So here is your moment kiddo, but a word of advice: Don't ever get into a debate and say Melo isn't a pure scorer. Others may not be as nice to you. Enjoy the rest of your debate, I'm out! .... You crack me up
    Nice to know that you're a quitter and easily surrender to others. Says a lot about you as a person. Never said Melo wasn't a pure scorer. Don't put words in my mouth. Especially your words. I explained to you what type of player Melo was because you obviously don't understand, that is not debatable. I even had to go into detail because you were so confused. Then you spend half the debate arguing about the wrong thing for god sake. Really, most of this is my fault, i should have realized what was going on earlier. I had overestimated your knowledge of pro basketball, and in the end i just wasted a bunch of time explaining simple things to you. Your arguments consisted of debating against things i never even said, pretending you could read Carmelo Anthony's mind, and telling me what you thought I was thinking, and then arguing against that. No offense, but you're an idiot. Good luck.

First 12