Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Burned To A Crisp - Good Article On Lebron

Awesome article in the Chicago Sun-Times about how Lebron knew about this the whole time. Read this

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/morri...ssey09.article

LeBron devalues himself, cruelly betrays Cleveland, deceives rest of us

July 9, 2010
    BY RICK MORRISSEY Sun-Times Columnist

Feeling betrayed? Feeling as if you've been had, played, used, misled?

Feeling as if men in hazmat suits should arrive to decontaminate you?

You should be feeling that way, fool. Join the rest of us suckers who thought LeBron James cared about a challenge.

As his one-hour, prime-time ode to self-indulgence clearly showed, all James cares about is his legacy. He cares about winning only as it pertains to what it can do for him. He's going to Miami, which will have three of the top 10 players in the league in its starting lineup.

The NBA has just turned into a farce, friends.

No amount of words from James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh will be able to convince some of us that Thursday night's announcement wasn't a done deal weeks ago, months ago, years ago.

''I think I decided [Thursday] morning,'' he said.

Sure you did, LeBron.

The intrigue, the splashy free-agent interview tour, the pained facial expressions of indecision on the faces of Wade, Bosh and James -- all of it looks like something out of a bad summer-stock production.

''The Decision,'' as ESPN and James' team pompously titled it, didn't look like a decision at all. It looked like a wink and a snicker.

''The Deception'' is more like it.

Even by NBA standards, James' self-importance is stunning and, in his case, extremely disappointing. He was supposed to be different, better. A caring guy, we were told. Complex, too.

Well, no.

People are always talking about the journey being more important than the destination. There's no journey here, or if there is one, it's a blink of an eye, and a bought blink, at that.

When James wins his first title in Miami, what will he say about the fait accompli as he hugs Wade and Bosh on the court? That he can't believe it's happening? That so many doubters had said this day would never come?

Those will be the emptiest words on record.

No matter how many titles James wins, they will be devalued by the fact he needed to join ranks with Wade and Bosh to do it.

Had he remained in Cleveland and won a title, he would have been called an American hero for staying true to his team and his state.

Had he come to Chicago and won a title, he would have gotten high marks for pushing a young, talented team over the hump. Any feeling of accomplishment he feels in Miami will pale compared with how he would have felt in winning with the Bulls.

Had he gone to New York and built a champion with Amar'e Stoudemire, he'd have gotten major props for rolling the dice.

But this? This is a playground game in which the best players unite to own the court on a Saturday afternoon.

Where's the accomplishment in that?

Getting a ring with Wade and Bosh won't make LeBron any more a winner than if he started wearing an "I'm a Winner" T-shirt. He'll be the superstar who had to grab onto someone else's shirttails to win.

In that way, Wade and Bosh are the ultimate performance- enhancers.

Don't kid yourselves: The Heat will win multiple NBA titles. It's true it'll have very little salary-cap space left after paying James, Wade and Bosh. But they don't need special players to make this work. All they need are good-enough players to go along with the Big Three.

James called going to Miami ''the best opportunity to win and to win now and to win into the future.'' He's right, but what, in the end, will it really mean?

Historically, the Heat won't be in the same league as Michael Jordan's Bulls or Kobe Bryant's Lakers. There will be an invisible asterisk next to James' titles: *Used free agency to form an All-Star team.

Bulls gave it a shot
    As for the Bulls, they tried and ended up looking like an afterthought in all of this. Don't blame them for it. They offered James the truest version of a team. He wouldn't have had to rationalize his decision had he joined Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and Luol Deng. Even Cavaliers fans might have understood the talent and the challenge.

What LeBron did to Cleveland on Thursday night was cruel. He didn't stop at stabbing the city in the heart. He had the cameras rolling as he kicked at the lifeless body. It wouldn't have mattered if he had picked the Bulls, the Knicks or the Nets. There was no need to torture Cleveland with the buildup and the TV special. None.

He used kids from the Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich, Conn., as human shields during Thursday's announcement and mentioned that his mom wholeheartedly supported his move to Miami. All was sweetness until you realized poor Mom was going to need a full-time security detail in Ohio after LeBron outed her as a Heat sympathizer.

But on this night, if not on most, it was all about him.

Of playing with Wade and Bosh, he said, ''I can't say it was always in my plans because I never thought it was possible.''

Sure you didn't, LeBron.

brandon m
    brandon m's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Lebron is a tool. And saying that Miami is gonna win multiple titles, is a bold statement. Wade and Bosh are both injury prone, what happens if one of them goes down for 20 games? James gonna score 65 every night? What happens to Miami when they run into a "team" in the playoffs like the celtics? This Miami thing could turn into a huge disaster very easily. I'll be looking for Kobe and Co. to tear them up Christmas day.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brandon m View Post
    Lebron is a tool. And saying that Miami is gonna win multiple titles, is a bold statement. Wade and Bosh are both injury prone, what happens if one of them goes down for 20 games? James gonna score 65 every night? What happens to Miami when they run into a "team" in the playoffs like the celtics? This Miami thing could turn into a huge disaster very easily. I'll be looking for Kobe and Co. to tear them up Christmas day.
    I can't wait til they play the Bulls and they wipe them off the floor. Very good point about the injuries, one of them goes down and it's all over with. My bigger question is, when is Bosh gonna touch the ball?

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Great article by Rick and this is only the beginning or a preview of things to come. LeRat will pay for his idiocy as long as he "lives".
    Last edited by pronk; 07-09-10 at 09:27 PM.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

I just don't agree about the "several titles" statement. Bosh has yet to play in a playoff game. Looks to me like he tanked the stretch so Toronto wouldn't make it. I would take Boozer over Bosh as a power forward. The Bulls won titles with great role players who MJ made even better. Obviously Lebron didn't make the Cavs' role players better. If you really analyze the Bulls/Cavs series the Bulls were in all but 1 game. It really came down to 3 pt shooting in the series. Cavs made 10 or more every game and the Bulls couldn't buy a 3 pt shot. You see what happened when the threes quit falling against Boston. Cavs were done and "The King" (what a joke title) couldn't will his team to win like MJ. Starting to wonder if Lebron really wanted to win in Cleveland because it would have been hard to leave then.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rickbo528 View Post
    I just don't agree about the "several titles" statement. Bosh has yet to play in a playoff game. Looks to me like he tanked the stretch so Toronto wouldn't make it. I would take Boozer over Bosh as a power forward. The Bulls won titles with great role players who MJ made even better. Obviously Lebron didn't make the Cavs' role players better. If you really analyze the Bulls/Cavs series the Bulls were in all but 1 game. It really came down to 3 pt shooting in the series. Cavs made 10 or more every game and the Bulls couldn't buy a 3 pt shot. You see what happened when the threes quit falling against Boston. Cavs were done and "The King" (what a joke title) couldn't will his team to win like MJ. Starting to wonder if Lebron really wanted to win in Cleveland because it would have been hard to leave then.
    Exactly. If he wins a ring there, it would be even harder for him to leave. Therefore, he quit on his own team and city, just so he can go play with his buddies down in South Beach and tag along for the ride. Hope he knows that town is f'n Wade's and if he thinks he's gonna go there and be #1 he is sorely mistaken. Watch these guys step on each others toes and the internal fights will begin. Mark my words, there will be turmoil on this team.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

lebron coksuckers will be mad about this article, saying he took less money and isn't all about himself

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Great post... I don't think it will be very long before we see Lebron fall from grace.

How can you enjoy the mountaintop if you haven't been through the valley? How can you appreciate the sun without experiencing the storms. He gave up because he didn't want to face adversity anymore. He didn't buy in to the old adage of "if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again". Anytime someone takes the easy road out it never ends well. Especially when the person doesn't have an ounce of gratitude. As quick as God builds up, he can tear down.

Even if Lebron wins 10 titles in Miami, one day he's going to sit in his rocking chair and realize that life isn't always about winning. He will also always troubled by "what if".

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

That article is unintentionally hilarious. Rick Morrissey is taking this way too seriously. It's a f-ing basketball team. People flipping out about Lebron James signing with Miami need to stop living vicariously through professional sports.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    That article is unintentionally hilarious. Rick Morrissey is taking this way too seriously. It's a f-ing basketball team. People flipping out about Lebron James signing with Miami need to stop living vicariously through professional sports.

He is speaking the truth Ian. And this is a SPORTS forum so yes, you are going to read a lot of shit by a lot of people because that's what our lives are. SPORTS.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

he as become overrated

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

If they learn to share, they'll make it to the finals. They might win it all.