MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who wants to teach NBA wagering

Alright so I am really getting to know NCAA basketball wagering and figuring out the ins and outs, but havent done NBA. I heard from many people they feel its alot easier, not sure how, then betting college games so wondering what are some basic advice and strategies I can look into and learn how to cap games etc.

Also in your opinions, is is better to just bet the spread or do alot of you bet the 2nd half and total under/over?

Thanks for the help

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got boat loads to learn but the thing I realized a long time ago is that all teams are talented and can win on any given night. Since each team has a superstar or two I don't look at player to player matchups at all. I look at the rest/exhaustion factor and motivation.

Got some good cappers here who will certainly weigh in.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    I've got boat loads to learn but the thing I realized a long time ago is that all teams are talented and can win on any given night. Since each team has a superstar or two I don't look at player to player matchups at all. I look at the rest/exhaustion factor and motivation.

Got some good cappers here who will certainly weigh in.

NBA is a lot harder then college...every NBA team has a coupe of players that on any given night can take a game over...I try to look for trends like a team that's been on a road trip playing 3 games in 4 nights or 4 games in 6 nights...injuries are a factor of course...and if a good team has lost 3 or 4 in a row...like Detroit last night...

buztah

Good point, Pete. I love when dominant teams go cold for a while and are subsequently de-valued. Detroit was a good spot last night indeed.

WestsidePete

for instance tonight is the Pacers 3rd road game in 4 nights, so I'll probably be making a play on the Bucks tonite as they're a decent home team at 11-7...Pacers 10-14 on the road

WestsidePete

An angle for a while will be to look at GS...Monday started a stretch in which 13 of 16 games will be at home for them..so not much traveling and will be well rested...look at games where their opponents have been on the road for their 3rd or more games of their road trip.

palerider
    palerider's Avatar Become A Pro!

But with GSW with rest and being the favorite, could still lose due to kidd, jefferson and vincet going off and scoring big numbers. But GSW is likely to win with the rest and being at home court and the nets just look like shit there last 10 games 3-7

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

im 90% numbers/trends

ill first check each teams trends and head to head trends then i check the teams last 3-5 off/def games then i check their home/away stats and sometimes more if i feel like its a good spot 2 put 5 units on

say celts r -5 over some1.. if -5 meets most or all this criteria then ill play them
    good luck buddy

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by palerider View Post
    But with GSW with rest and being the favorite, could still lose due to kidd, jefferson and vincet going off and scoring big numbers. But GSW is likely to win with the rest and being at home court and the nets just look like shit there last 10 games 3-7

I'm not saying this is an angle for tonight...this isn't NJ 3rd road game in 4 nights...just look down the road at teams playing GS with this angle...

WestsidePete

having a rebounding edge helps as well..for instance MIL avgs 2 boards better then opp at home and Pacers get outrebounded by 1 on the road...any team can shoot well on any night..but who gets the boards when they don't is an edge to look at...

palerider
    palerider's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    I'm not saying this is an angle for tonight...this isn't NJ 3rd road game in 4 nights...just look down the road at teams playing GS with this angle...
    I agree with you, your good at what you do westsidepete cha ching $$$$$$$$$$ You are the jedi master, I am the young jedi

WestsidePete

we'll see... hope we all cash in tonite!!

I feel Miami plays well tonite...I've teased their last 2 home games and won, so doing it again...I'm rolling with the 3rd road game in 4 days for the Pacers, O'Neal is out..and Milwaukee has been playing pretty good vs much better teams..and I feel NJ at least keeps it close but think GS wins...GS plays no defense and NJ has lost their last 3 nights by 13..24...and 34 points...they've got to come out better tonight.

3 team parlay
    Miami +10.5 (bought 1 pt)
    MIL ML
    GS ML

50 pays 107

2 team parlay
    NJ +11.5 (bought 2 pt)

80 pays 147

3 team 7 pt teaser
    Miami +16.5
    Mil +2
    NJ +16

120 pays 100

there's my NBA plays....GL guys

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySportsGuy View Post
    Alright so I am really getting to know NCAA basketball wagering and figuring out the ins and outs, but havent done NBA. I heard from many people they feel its alot easier, not sure how, then betting college games so wondering what are some basic advice and strategies I can look into and learn how to cap games etc.

Also in your opinions, is is better to just bet the spread or do alot of you bet the 2nd half and total under/over?

Thanks for the help
    It helps to know the NBA.. I've been watching NBA games for 20+ years..

On any given night anything can happen.. It doesn't matter how good anyone is.. Your gonna have bad days and bad weeks

My best advice to you is to limit your plays to 1 or 2 games a day.. Look at the NBA statsheet for each game and narrow it down.. Obviously the more bets you make in 1 night the more games your gonna have to win to make a profit.. BOL to you and if you have any questions feel free to PM me..

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post

On any given night anything can happen.. It doesn't matter how good anyone is.. Your gonna have bad days and bad weeks

My best advice to you is to limit your plays to 1 or 2 games a day.. Look at the NBA statsheet for each game and narrow it down.. Obviously the more bets you make in 1 night the more games your gonna have to win to make a profit.. BOL to you and if you have any questions feel free to PM me..

I like these nights where only 2 or 3 games are played..can't over think too much

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I like these nights where only 2 or 3 games are played..can't over think too much
    I hate these days. I tend to think too much when there's 1-3 games on the scheduled as opposed to a full schedule.

Out of 12 games I may only like 3. With 2-3 I start driving myself crazy. Half the time I'll sit out these days unless I really like a game.

Tonight - Spurs/Heat U184 4 Units

WestsidePete

I like the under play GL tonite....

PLUSLINES
    PLUSLINES's Avatar Become A Pro!

One of the first things I view is the injury report. I have won 3-0 in the last 2 weeks by betting on a dog to cover ATS when favs have a player(s) out sick/injured. New Orleans played on the road a week or so ago and was +7. Their home opponent had 3 players out with the flu that represented over 50% of their total teams PPG avg. That was an easy one. New Orleans won outright.....by 21 points! Sorry for speaking NCAA here in the NBA thread, but thought it a point worth sharing that applies to both NBA/NCAA.
    Injuries are key if affects the right player(s). Some newbies are not aware of the relevance. I wasn't when I first started.

WestsidePete

we'll see... hope we all cash in tonite!!

I feel Miami plays well tonite...I've teased their last 2 home games and won, so doing it again...I'm rolling with the 3rd road game in 4 days for the Pacers, O'Neal is out..and Milwaukee has been playing pretty good vs much better teams..and I feel NJ at least keeps it close but think GS wins...GS plays no defense and NJ has lost their last 3 nights by 13..24...and 34 points...they've got to come out better tonight.

3 team parlay
    MIL ML
    GS ML

50 pays 107

2 team parlay
    NJ +11.5 (bought 2 pt)

80 pays 147

3 team 7 pt teaser
    Miami +16.5
    Mil +2
    NJ +16

120 pays 100

there's my NBA plays....GL guys
    all plays came thru...hope you guys cashed in tonite....

buztah

CashMoney

I make my picks based heavily on stats.... the amount a team scores per game, gives up, rebounding, FT %, etc.

I also look at each teams schedule to see if they played each other earlier in the year, and if so check out the box scores. Also, I pay attention to back back games 3 games in 5 days etc. The age of the team matter most on back to back and 3 in 4 or 4 in 6, etc. For example, a team like the Spurs are pretty much a veteran team whereas the Blazers are all pretty young.

A back to back for the Blazers wouldn't matter as much as a back to back for the Spurs. Perfect example, the Spurs last night. They played the night before in Texas against the Lakers and had to come from behind. They had to fly to Miami, got in at 5AM and the spread was Spurs -10. The won by 1 point.

MoneySportsGuy

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post

Yeah area51 I appreciate the reply I havent been watching nearly many years as that but its true how anything can happen.

I think I will focus on the team stats, injuries, rest factor, motivation (i.e. payback game or some other achievement factored in) and just the overall team records and what is expected.

For college I like to do 1-3 plays, although finding my problem is that if the one doesnt hit right off, your like alright well best I can do is make profit on the one and make back the loss on the other and that is if the other 2 hit haha.

MoneySportsGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    I make my picks based heavily on stats.... the amount a team scores per game, gives up, rebounding, FT %, etc.

I also look at each teams schedule to see if they played each other earlier in the year, and if so check out the box scores. Also, I pay attention to back back games 3 games in 5 days etc. The age of the team matter most on back to back and 3 in 4 or 4 in 6, etc. For example, a team like the Spurs are pretty much a veteran team whereas the Blazers are all pretty young.

A back to back for the Blazers wouldn't matter as much as a back to back for the Spurs. Perfect example, the Spurs last night. They played the night before in Texas against the Lakers and had to come from behind. They had to fly to Miami, got in at 5AM and the spread was Spurs -10. The won by 1 point.
    CashMoney

Appreciate the reply, think I am going to do like you do but my question is do you have any good links or sites you use to find your info at?

Thats a great point about the SA game, I saw them play Lakers and saw they were big favorites for Heat but that comeback win against Lakers just drained them to much physically and mentally and I know alot that bet that game big for SA to cover, so know exactly what you mean how stuff like that can factor in and change everything

Goodluck to you and looking forward to talking NBA with you and cashing in!

CashMoney

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySportsGuy View Post
    CashMoney

Appreciate the reply, think I am going to do like you do but my question is do you have any good links or sites you use to find your info at?

Thats a great point about the SA game, I saw them play Lakers and saw they were big favorites for Heat but that comeback win against Lakers just drained them to much physically and mentally and I know alot that bet that game big for SA to cover, so know exactly what you mean how stuff like that can factor in and change everything

Goodluck to you and looking forward to talking NBA with you and cashing in!

Pretty much all of my info comes right off of NBA.com. You can sort team stats by year, last 10 games, last 5 games, etc. Player stats, depth charts, injuries and more. ESPN.com, CBSSportsline.com are also good for stats and info.