tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Thursday's play [YTD 77-58]

Phoenix -1 1/2: As seen in the lakers last game, Kobe is going into 40 shots a game-again mode, trying to shoulder all the offensive load himself. these two teams met on Christmas day, and the Suns were able to keep it close the entire game, but didn't execute well down the stretch. Granted, they aren't playing their best ball as of late, but I think 1.5 has good value against a Bynum-less laker squad (Bynum had something like 27 pts, 10 rbs in their first meeting in LA).

BOL all

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I gotta take the role as a homie/square/fool/ fan, etc. in this one, even though Im no where near LA. Lakers +2.0.

later

kbnickchiu
    kbnickchiu's Avatar Become A Pro!

You may call me crazy, but the x-factor in this game isn't Kobe. The really deal here is the bench depth.

Bynum was the one who seperate the toughness between the Lakers and the Suns. With Bynum, the Lakers can take out the Suns a lot more easier. He was a huge plus to this Lakers team, but everyone seems to forget one thing. The Lakers defeated the Suns even without Bynum making a spark about two years ago. That was a team without the floor leader Derek Fisher, Travor Ariza's toughness, the improved Jordan Farmar, and more experienced Luke Walton and Ronny Turiaf. Now, the Lakers have the 4 players I just mentioned plus the energized Kobe who wants win so bad especially against the Suns and to prove he can still carry the Lakers even without Bynum. I think the Suns just picked a bad time to step into the Staples Center.

The Suns is lack of bench depth. We all know that the Suns always play only 8 players. With Grant Hill out of the game, that leaves only Brian Skinner, Barbosa, and Marcus Banks on the bench. The Suns might come out the game hot, but the lack of bench depth will hit them hard after half time.

The Suns are not playing their best basketball right now, losing to the Clippers by 7 proved that point. The Lakers is on the 7 game winning streak train right now plus 2 days rest to figure out how to play without Bynum.

The line right now is Phoenix Suns -2. The way I see it, the Lakers will win this game and consider that the most important victory of the year for the Lakers. The victory against top teams without Bynum.

I like the Lakers to win the game here. Should be a very good game to watch! A close one, too.

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I Like the Lakers tonights as well. Can't see the Suns losing to the Clippers but beating the Lakers.

KillaBeesSwarmin
    KillaBeesSwarmin's Avatar Become A Pro!

New to the forum but just wanted to add my two cents.

I like the Suns tonight. Bynum was a huge factor in that Christmas game and is by far the most productive player on the lakers not named Kobe. the rest of the team doesnt really compare. and streaks end.

should be a good game though.

Suns -2
    Jazz on the ML +130

tevari

i'll shed a little more light onto my pick:

last time out, kobe lit them up, no doubt about that, but bynum was the one crashing the offensive glass, blocking shots, and getting cheap baskets. and i also feel that kobe wanted to bring a little something extra for that game, as he's the kind of player who loves to showcase himself on national tv. add kwame, better bench play from ariza, farmar, crittenton, but subtract bynum and i feel phoenix will win by 6-7.

tevari

and as usual pig, we disagree on phoenix...i think you've owned this little rivalry

tevari

feeling frisky today, 3 team parlay for 3/5 a unit

Wager Type: Parlay (3 team)
    Wager Status: Pending
    Risk / To Win Amount: $357.19 / $1,248.61 (USD) Accepted 1/17/2008 12:34 PM - EST

Item #1
    Wager Type: Money Line
    Outcome: Pending
    Sport / Period: NBA Basketball / Game
    Line:
    San Antonio Spurs 1/17/2008 8:05 PM - (EST)
    * Game Notes:
    (TNT)

Item #2
    Wager Type: Spread
    Line:
    Utah Jazz 1/17/2008 9:05:01 PM - (EST)
    +2½ -110

Item #3
    Line:
    Phoenix Suns 1/17/2008 10:35 PM - (EST)
    * Game Notes:
    (TNT)

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Frisky huh, I was too earlier and went with 4 wagers today, and that goes against everything I ever do.I hope I dont pay a price for my reckless morning wagering tonight.

Good luck tonight, one of us is a winner and one is a loser tonight, nothing personal but Im rooting for me, LOL.

later

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    feeling frisky today, 3 team parlay for 3/5 a unit

Wager Type: Parlay (3 team)
    Wager Status: Pending
    Risk / To Win Amount: $357.19 / $1,248.61 (USD) Accepted 1/17/2008 12:34 PM - EST

Item #1
    Line:
    San Antonio Spurs 1/17/2008 8:05 PM - (EST)
    * Game Notes:
    (TNT)

Item #2
    Wager Type: Spread
    Line:
    Utah Jazz 1/17/2008 9:05:01 PM - (EST)
    +2½ -110

Item #3
    Line:
    Phoenix Suns 1/17/2008 10:35 PM - (EST)
    * Game Notes:
    (TNT)

I like this one a lot...I'm playing this as well...Kwame Brown is key if the Lakers have a shot to win...they need an inside presence...without Bynum the Lakers have no advantage inside unless Kwame has a big game ...I don't think he will.

tevari

kwame will be so confused trying to guard the nash/stoudemire pick and roll it wont even be funny

tevari

parlay was a bust...1-1 tonight +0.8 of a unit

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    Phoenix -1 1/2: As seen in the lakers last game, Kobe is going into 40 shots a game-again mode, trying to shoulder all the offensive load himself. these two teams met on Christmas day, and the Suns were able to keep it close the entire game, but didn't execute well down the stretch. Granted, they aren't playing their best ball as of late, but I think 1.5 has good value against a Bynum-less laker squad (Bynum had something like 27 pts, 10 rbs in their first meeting in LA).

BOL all
    Sweet! Congrats on the call tevari!:

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok wow, you guys are gonna try and tell me the Lakers can beat the Phoenix Suns??? Let alone without Bynum.. Come on now.. The clippers/Suns game was like a fix. Clippers shouldnt even have come close. How oiften do you see the Suns score in double digits?? Almost never. They reach triple digits nearly 96 % of the time.

Lakers over Suns?? Can't even begin to start saying how ashamed I am of all of you to think sucha thing