jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacers At Lakers

So we got the line currently set at Over or Under 216 and L.A as the favorite by -8.5 points..

Would like to get some feedback from everyone and see what they think... I'm feeling a win by the Lakers by Over 9 points and a high scoring fast paced game by both teams which should reach the Over 216 mark.

Anyone agree with this?

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Do not touch the over. Stay with the under.

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

play on the over, their last game they played each other they scored a combined 248 points, look for this one to go about 230 or so... and laying the points with the lakers seems good too, tinsley is out for sure

jeffries

If anything I'm wanting this game to go more on the over because thats where my heavy money is at. I can handle a possible loss with Lakers -8.5 but I can't afford the combined points under 216. I did some research and I had to do the over. Just had to be done. Theres nothing that tells me this game will be under 216

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Banged the Nuggets and Lakers both -8.5 Good luck to us

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

GL... i have my money on the over, if i had to i would have taken the lakers as well

PerfecTrader

The only thing that scares me is how simple it seems.

Lakers beat Philly at home Friday 124-93
    Indi beat the Hawks Friday but on Wed. lost by 18 at home to Memphis

Denver beat the Timberwolves 118-107 Friday and now comes home to play Philly? No way they don't cover 8.5

W0lfy
    W0lfy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfecTrader View Post
    The only thing that scares me is how simple it seems.

Lakers beat Philly at home Friday 124-93
    Indi beat the Hawks Friday but on Wed. lost by 18 at home to Memphis

Denver beat the Timberwolves 118-107 Friday and now comes home to play Philly? No way they don't cover 8.5
    lol. I think it always seems easy, but it never really is until the final score. You just have to like the matchup at each position lakers vs pacers. Win by 20 in Nov @ Indiana with Tinsley, so no point to think it cant happen in LA, but once again you never really know till the Final score. I went with LA -8.5, gl to all.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

indy 8.5

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

9 is too generous for LA imho

jeffries

Indiana is very inconsistent with their wins and losses. They are alot like the NJ Nets and Chicago Bulls. All 3 teams seem to be very inconsistent with determining which days their players will play to their full potential and which days their players will slack off.. If you look at the NJ Nets, they've beaten Orlando and Golden State (two really good teams), but have lost twice to the NY Knicks and once to Memphis. Chicago has a horrible record and can't win games for their life but managed to pull a victory out against Detroit at the Palace of Auburn Hills. You got to wonder how well Indiana will do tonight. I'm just hoping Indiana does score at least 27-30 point per quarter cuz thats gonna be a major factor in trying to get the game over 216.

kbnickchiu
    kbnickchiu's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a Lakers fan for life myself . Giving 8 1/2 to a team that is not playing so well is just a little too much for the Lakers.
    They seems to play poorly when they face an under .500 record team. Same thing happened when they faced the sonics earlier this year. The spread was Lakers -11.5. Everyone thought it should be a blow out, but LA made it a close one, win by only 7.
    Anyways, I would pick the over and the Pacers to cover the spread.

I don't mind to see my Lakers blow them out though.

jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by kbnickchiu View Post
    I am a Lakers fan for life myself . Giving 8 1/2 to a team that is not playing so well is just a little too much for the Lakers.
    They seems to play poorly when they face an under .500 record team. Same thing happened when they faced the sonics earlier this year. The spread was Lakers -11.5. Everyone thought it should be a blow out, but LA made it a close one, win by only 7.
    Anyways, I would pick the over and the Pacers to cover the spread.

I don't mind to see my Lakers blow them out though.
    If each team can manage 25-30 points per quarter, this ones deff going over. If we see 20 point for each team after the first quarter, this one deff isn't going over

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    If each team can manage 25-30 points per quarter, this ones deff going over. If we see 20 point for each team after the first quarter, this one deff isn't going over
    I played the UNDER 215.5 in this one... I don't think my Pacers will be able to score more than 100 tonight... Lakers might go for a buck 15, but I don't know as though the Pacers will go for 100+... Think this one goes UNDER tonight fellas...

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacers ML. One unit for chits n giggles. Just a fun George Costanza bet. Went with my gut all day and was dead wrong. Gut tells me Lakers win easily so i bet the Pacers. LOL!

rousea
    rousea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'm playing Lakers ML.

jeffries

Lakers ML will pay $hit though cuz the spread is Lakers -9 I believe. Anytime theres a big number like 216, always go over, especially if the game involves L.A Lakers, Golden State Warriors, Denver Nuggets or Phoenix Suns

jeffries

Idk about everyone else, but the 1st quarter shows signs of a high scoring game. Also Indiana appears to be playing rather well. It's still early but maybe Lakers -8.5 wasn't the right call after all. I'm still on the over though

Deke101
    Deke101's Avatar Become A Pro!

jeffries you know your shit i'm also on lakers covering and the over 216.5. Let indiana hang close for a while so they put up there share of points, they are gonna blow it eventually. Kobe is good for a scoring spurt sometime through out this game. Buztah i didn't like anything you said in your post besides george costanza: pacers are garbage.
    Obviously time will tell who is right, but at this point, and before game time, not sure how people are on the pacers when everything says go with lakers. Its a bet, luck is also involved, no hard feelings best of luck. I'm on Lakers covering and the over hitting.

jeffries

Yea man and even though Lakers clearly win this Game, I would never take the ML, it pays garbage because of the high pointspread

How much did you lay on the over Deke?

PerfecTrader

Quote Originally Posted by PerfecTrader View Post
    Banged the Nuggets and Lakers both -8.5 Good luck to us
    One down and one to go. Lakers are streaky and have let Indy back but with Rush and O'neal already with 3 fouls, I still like the Lakers to cover. I'm waitin on the 1/2 and might jump on some more shizz
    Last edited by PerfecTrader; 01-06-08 at 09:43 PM.

PerfecTrader

Both teams are seeming to score at will now, Over looks like it will be close. GL to those who touched it

W0lfy
    W0lfy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not a big fan of first half leads (Lakers with a 12pt lead). I'll take the 2 points going into the second half where Lakers usually wake up and stop shooting 2-12 *cough* Kobe.

PerfecTrader

Whelp, I'm up and Tulsa looks like it's a locked payout so mine as well throw some more scrilla out there. Jumped on

2nd 1/2
    lakers -6
    Over 108.5

Good luck yall

jeffries

The 2nd Quarter scared me... a very low scoring 2nd quarter to start out

PerfecTrader

I'm hopin Bryant gets hot and both teams blow it up. Hope I see somethin like

Lakers 114
    Indy 104

Deke101

Had a bad day in college basketball.

Jeffries: I Took lakers -9 and the over 216.5 in a two team parlay for $50. Then took them both for $100 singles.

My luck has been terrible so i hope i don't jinx this bet for everyone else. I still feel comfortable considering Kobe hasn't done anything besides hit free throws, he'll heat up in the 2nd half. Worth a play on the lakers 2nd half also, but i'm not gonna play it. Best of Luck.

PerfecTrader

Soooo gay, saw 2nd 1/2 line move from 6.5 to 6 so I took it now it dropped to 5.5. Seems like peeps are bettin Indy makes a game of this. Foul trouble will catch up with Indy and Bryant will step it up

jeffries

Yea I hear ya.. Kobe is the reason the Lakers blew the 2nd half. All he did was turn the ball over and miss every single jumpshot he took. Andrew Bynum is the one thats keeping this game high scoring for the Lakers

Deke101

As soon as the pacers start missing shots, they'll fall off quick. As soon as granger and o'neal get their 4th fouls quickly here in the 3rd, they'll sit, and kobe will get hot without granger playing D on him, and bynum will dominate the boards without o'neal--> one or the other is good to happen.

PerfecTrader

Crap start for some offense from both teams in the 3rd. 16 pooints with less than 8 minutes left, need to start makes some hoops. Come on Walton slam some 3's

jeffries

This game is DEFINITLY not going over 216

Deke101

lakers have 77 already, 92-72 after the third, not a bad pace.

PerfecTrader

Kobe is banging 3's, niceeeee

PerfecTrader

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    This game is DEFINITLY not going over 216
    Give it time, they are startin to put up some points

12 Last