Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Spurs-Raptors Tonight

I've seen the line has gone from -8 to -7 because of the Ginobli injury. I bet the Spurs to win straight up before I heard about it. Though, I'm sure they'll win outright, I'm still a little nervous. Anybody think the Spurs will lose tonight?

rousea
    rousea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

They were without him on Wednesday against Chicago and they did fine. They still have Parker and Duncan.

I honestly see a 10-15 point win tonight for San Antonio. They've only lost once at home (to Phoenix in a very close game in which they were without Parker).

The line for the Bulls @ Spurs on Wednesday was anywhere from -9 to -10.5 so I'm kind of surprised its at -7 right now. I would have thought it would have been at the same level as it was for the Bulls.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The reason I'm nervous is because I've only been wagering a month now. I'm still learning about picking winners against the line, so a lot of the talk on this board has been greek (no pun intended) to me. Until I feel comfortable, my main success has come from doing parlays on straight up winners and I've built my bank up pretty good with that strategy. I decided to bet 25% of my bank on a San Antonio and Portland winning parlay tonight, and I just think I'm feeling the willies because I've been pretty conservative until today.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

The Raptors are a much better team then the Bulls are right now.

But with that being said, I don't see the Raptors winning in San Antonio.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

spurd wont lose 2 toronto at home no way will spurs win by 7.5?? ya i think so playing good bball and toronto isnt really and spurs r good at home if u bet 25% of ur bank and r nervous.. i reccommend not betting 25% (tho i neva recommend betting 25% in the 1st place) upsets do happen but again i see u winning both those plays 2nite

single shaker
    single shaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    spurd wont lose 2 toronto at home no way will spurs win by 7.5?? ya i think so playing good bball and toronto isnt really and spurs r good at home if u bet 25% of ur bank and r nervous.. i reccommend not betting 25% (tho i neva recommend betting 25% in the 1st place) upsets do happen but again i see u winning both those plays 2nite

yeah dude putting 25% of your bank is never a good idea, i would stay in the 2-6% range. but it had been working for you so good luck

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

shocked...

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I did the ultimate sin after the game and tried to get it all back with one game. I took the Blazers -1 1/2 in the 2nd half of their game with the Timberwolves. I was glancing through their past games at halftime and saw that they had won the second half at home against their last five non winning record opponents. It ends up that the Blazers covered and I got all of my money, plus some, back. Moral of this story: I am staying conservative from here on out.

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

KLC,

Does that strategy hold with tonight's hockey game, too...?

awholelottalumps
    awholelottalumps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I did the ultimate sin after the game and tried to get it all back with one game. I took the Blazers -1 1/2 in the 2nd half of their game with the Timberwolves. I was glancing through their past games at halftime and saw that they had won the second half at home against their last five non winning record opponents. It ends up that the Blazers covered and I got all of my money, plus some, back. Moral of this story: I am staying conservative from here on out.
    Consider yourself lucky,but beware I've been there lots of times when I would win and feel good about myself then turn around and do something stupid so my advice to you is stay in your comfort zone and stay in the game.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sharktank1 View Post
    KLC,

Does that strategy hold with tonight's hockey game, too...?
    3-5% bets from here on out, my friend!