shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Tim Donaghy's Finals Preview

He'll be releasing a breakdown for game 1 as well. I'll post it when he does.

They’ve met eleven times before, as recently as 2008, and between them, there are 32 Championship rings. You guessed it, The Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics meet for the twelfth time in the 2010 NBA Finals (although it could have been Cleveland vs. Los Angeles had Delonte West kept his wandering eye on the ball!). The way I see it, though, if you apply the blueprint I created in my book, Personal Foul, the league’s head office will do their level best to extend the series. Looking at the moving parts - the fans, the coaching staff, and the players-it’s interesting to speculate on who might walk away with the ring. The wildcard, though, is how the referees will facilitate the message coming down from the head office, which can easily change the direction of the series.

All eyes will be on the individual match-ups and the referees assigned to judge the series. Looking at the fans, those from Boston are among the most knowledgeable in any league. They will cast an incredibly critical eye on the referees throughout the finals. Phil Jackson will wish he was in Sacramento, no doubt he will be wearing his ear plugs. As most NBA games are decided in the first quarter, and since the LA fans don’t show up until the second quarter, those fans won’t help the outcome of the games much at all. As I score the fans, the advantage goes to the Boston Celtics.

The coaching staffs are a different story. Doc Rivers tries to manipulate the refs by sucking up to them. If that fails, he starts to whine like a baby. Phil Jackson, on the other hand, uses sarcasm and the media to help him with the officials and he does an excellent job at working them game at a time. Jackson’s game by game adjustments will make Rivers’ head spin. Scoring the coaches and their styles of court side manners, the advantage goes to the Los Angeles Lakers.

As for the players, you can be sure that Kobe will continue to receive ‘star treatment’, look for the whistle to blow each time he receives a bump or a scratch. Comparing this year’s talent, Kobe/Odom/Artest should prevail over Garnet/Rondo/Pierce and I’ll throw in Allen. With that, Boston will be frustrated with the refs if they feel to be getting anything less than a fair shake. Game 5 in the Orlando vs. Boston series comes to mind as an example of that. Perkins, Wallace and Rivers will not be able to keep their emotions in check if they feel slighted. Look for some fireworks in games 2 and 3. Scoring the players, both on skill and chemistry, I give the advantage to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In the 2010 playoff series, I quite accurately made some game predictions solely to prove the point of the book’s blueprint. I did not, however, pick winners in order to further anyone’s gambling habits. In fact, looking in the mirror at myself, as well as the clients that I am now helping through my work at the Firstep Consulting, a gambling treatment facility based in New Jersey and owned by Mike Osborne, I am reminded that the true winners emerging from these playoffs are the very people who can fend off the temptation to have any action on these games.

Does it matter who I think will take home the ring? No, rather, I am hopeful that my book has created a larger awareness of the crooked outcomes in professional basketball as well as the evils of gambling on those very games. The NBA would be wise to let the best team win and simultaneously prove me wrong. But really, I think the head office, as chief architect of series’ outcome, will let the refs do the dirty work of letting the almighty dollar call the winner of this series.

Stay tuned for my game breakdowns in this Lakers/Celtics series!

sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

I'm gonna tail this dude for the whole finals! I faded him during game 6 of the la-pho series, stupid decision. Keep us updated Shari

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

so elbow problem is all smoke screen.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm listening Mr. Donaghy,, forget about the fix I've been sold on this for years,, just tell me who gets the fix this year................

cashil
    cashil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

Shit will definitely be worth tailing. im on it

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Pauly go do your homework.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't wait to hear the scoop from Timmy D.

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

nice read... thanks man.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

very good read. Notice how he says that the 'almighty dollar will call the winner of this series". Pay attention fellas!

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Pauly go do your homework.
    Why? when Donaghy will do it for me,, 100% accurate I'll add................

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Why? when Donaghy will do it for me,, 100% accurate I'll add................

"sharps" will get buried this series

hugh4310
    hugh4310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Whatever

hugh4310

Way to long for me

hugh4310

Why wont they give me my points?

PAULYPOKER

Cause you are SPAMMING

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Does anyone think Dickaghy still has inside information on how the ref's are going to call these games???

PAULYPOKER

He doesn't need the inside info because he has been around the fix for so long it is second nature to him.....................

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

really interesting... cant wait to read his breakdown

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    He doesn't need the inside info because he has been around the fix for so long it is second nature to him.....................
    Yeah, I think anyone within the NBA would be literally shot and buried in the desert if they were caught talking to him. Stern even canceled a radio interview he had scheduled way in advance because they had Donaghy on their show. I figure if they could find a foolproof way of making him disappear permanently they would but it's impossible. He just knows how the league works. I'm just wondering how long they're going to keep it up for because he's starting to get a lot more publicity now.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by hugh4310 View Post
    Why wont they give me my points?
    kick rocks homie! we don't need crap like this littering the forum.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Yeah, I think anyone within the NBA would be literally shot and buried in the desert if they were caught talking to him. Stern even canceled a radio interview he had scheduled way in advance because they had Donaghy on their show. I figure if they could find a foolproof way of making him disappear permanently they would but it's impossible. He just knows how the league works. I'm just wondering how long they're going to keep it up for because he's starting to get a lot more publicity now.
    His life expectancy is not much longer I can guarantee that publicly and possibly literally,but it will be very clever work on how he disappears............

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Hey Shari, make a post for your Game 1 play unless your going to do it in here. I'll be interested to see what you got

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

we will have to see how Kobe gets calls to see if he's right.

his lean on the championship is VERY vanilla.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Hey Shari, make a post for your Game 1 play unless your going to do it in here. I'll be interested to see what you got
    I'm leaning LA but will see what he has to say first. I will say though, if there is any collusion at all between the NBA and Vegas, LA will win game one and lose the series. A lot of people will go hard on LA after that game because of Phil's winning game 1 = winning the series record. If Boston won the whole thing after that, the books would clean up.

PAULYPOKER

As of now ????????
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 06-03-10 at 02:59 AM.

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

let's go all in on lakers win the title now

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

He has to know what he's talking about. I like his analysis on the suns lakers series.

rdo37
    rdo37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Donaghy needs to give up this charade that he doesn't watch any games or want to bet on any games. Maybe he's still on probation where he can't support gambling in any way...but you know he's still picking winners for his buddies.

TeamTT
    TeamTT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Interesting... Worthing recording the game n c wat he makes out of it...

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Where does Donaghy post these articles?

shari91

On his Facebook page.

He is not going to give out a prediction for game 1.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    On his Facebook page.

He is not going to give out a prediction for game 1.

He cant until he sees how the refs behave for a game or 2. He isnt good at predicting he just knows what the refs are up to and until he sees the first game he cant make a prediction. Has he predicted anything before game 1 in any series yet?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    He cant until he sees how the refs behave for a game or 2. He isnt good at predicting he just knows what the refs are up to and until he sees the first game he cant make a prediction. Has he predicted anything before game 1 in any series yet?
    I'm not sure to tell you the truth. Too long to go through his whole page but I think you're right because he said this a couple of hours ago: "If you read the book, it really isn't that hard to figure out who is going to win after the first two games shake out. " He also told some guy he's not going to enable his gambling by giving him a pick.

HenPrivilege
    HenPrivilege's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

He's going to be money after he sees who the refs favor.

"As most NBA games are decided in the first quarter"

shari91

Question to him: Do you think this is the year that the refs and the front office want Kobe to win it again seeing as last time they has the Celtics dominate the Lakers in Game 6? I am thinking they want to see the Lakers close it out at the Staples Centre which would put it at game 6/7. I say Lakers in 6.

Tim's Reply: I agree with your thoughts. Thanks.

12 Last