Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Celtic history says they end this tonight.

Not only are the Celtics 32-0 when up 2-0 in a series, but

No series in which the Celtics Franchise has led 3 games to none has ever gone beyond game 5.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

are you on the celtics?

Snowball

yeah I am on them ML tonight.
    Rondo is 100% again.
    if they lose, however, i still have my series bet to fall back on.

hawley

good luck, i will probably play +3.5 and maybe a small play on the ml

cmle123
    cmle123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 783

if you watch game 4. nelson is making look easy. just vince carter was sleeping through the whole game or else it wouldn't be over time for that game

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by cmle123 View Post
    if you watch game 4. nelson is making look easy. just vince carter was sleeping through the whole game or else it wouldn't be over time for that game
    rondo made him look good

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Boston will end it tonight. They have added motivation to get much needed rest as the west is tied up.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Not only are the Celtics 32-0 when up 2-0 in a series, but

No series in which the Celtics Franchise has led 3 games to none has ever gone beyond game 5.
    Well I guess it will never happen then. Ever.

I understand homer pride, but I don't understand how the Boston backers can be so sure that Boston finishes the Magic tonight.

Game 1: Boston dominates for 3 quarters only to win by just 4 points.
    Game 2: Boston outshoots Orlando 46% to 39% and wins by just 3 points.
    Game 3: Boston dominates from the start. No contest. 23 point blowout.
    Game 4: With the exception of Pierce/R.Allen, every Celtic player slows down a bit. Magic win.

Games 1 & 2 could have gone either way. Boston outplayed the Magic badly and still only squeaked out wins. When you look at the series objectively, it could very easily be 2-2 or 3-1 Magic right now. How confident can you really be when they outplayed the Magic so thoroughly in the first two games and only won by a combined 7 points...
    Last edited by suicidekings; 05-26-10 at 04:16 PM.

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Snowball, I'm with you on this one. I love betting the celts +160 tonight. too easy drill seargant.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

i love the celts here tonight

Snowball

good to see you on it also, jaymac a.k.a. "the late night degenerate CBB king".

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

thanks snowball...ah yes, those late night degenerate games! I love them. I got my ass kicked - probably because I was piss drunk by 9 every night. but i have actually cut my losses from cbb by about 75% just this past 2 weeks! I got a new local for playoffs, and he hates me right now.

Lets get some cash tonight.

Sheep
    Sheep's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlllllllllock

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

how hard you hammering the celts tonight snowball??

filter15
    filter15's Avatar Become A Pro!

is it KKKKKeltic or ssssseltic???

sideline36
    Update your status
    sideline36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they slam the door tonight!

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    how hard you hammering the celts tonight snowball??
    pretty hard.. but not ballistic. my ballistic bet is on the series.
    i went them alone, with reds and with yankees.

Jackie McMullen is the only one who said they would win tonight on ESPN's Around the Horn. that's good. because she's from New England and is the only one with inside scoops on boston teams.

Celtics are the sharp play.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Using stats from the beginning of the NBA doesn't mean shit. You look to break trends not follow them.

Celtics are the square play tonight and the Magic is the sharp play.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Jackie McMullen is the only one who said they would win tonight on ESPN's Around the Horn. that's good. because she's from New England and is the only one with inside scoops on boston teams.

Celtics are the sharp play.
    Handicapping 101

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I respect the hell out of you Snowball, but is this a joke? Jackie McMullen makes you confident?

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why does history matter? why does what larry bird and kevin mchale did matter in terms of betting the game tonight?

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Using stats from the beginning of the NBA doesn't mean shit. You look to break trends not follow them.

whoa, agree completely that trends are for fools. but no way is the Magic considered the sharp play

Magics best chance of winning this game is about 50% maybe 55%. taking ats-4 or -170ml is foolish

Take Celts or pass, its that simple
    Last edited by El Sol; 05-26-10 at 05:41 PM.

doctorlw
    doctorlw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post

No way the Magic is the sharp play. One win and everyone is suddenly on their jocks again?

I was a huge Magic supporter in games 1 and 2, but it didn't take me long to realize that they are an inferior team - or at the very least - matchup extremely poorly against the Celtics.

Even if you believe Tim Donaghy's argument that the NBA wants to extend the series as long as they can, the refs can only INFLUENCE the game... not determine it. It is 90% in the players hands still, and I think 90% Celtics is better than 100% Orlando. Enough said.

Snowball

guys Jackie McMullan is no joke. Take a look at her bio.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_MacMullan
    You have to remember I watch Comcast Sports Net New England.. the local channel which spends an hour pregame and up to an hour post game with in depth coverage on the Celtics. Jackie talks to the players first hand. She's right there in the thick of it getting everything from the horse's mouths.
    The main reason why she likes the C's tonight is what Rondo told her about how he feels and how he will play better tonight than last game. I only brought her up in comparison to the other national-level talking heads on ESPN who don't know jack chit about the Celtics anymore than anyone else. She's been covering Boston sports for almost 30 years and co-authored larry bird's book.
    hope this helps.

suicidekings
    Update your status

I'm skeptical on a self-proclaimed Celtics expert provide an unbiased opinion on the matchup. It's like asking a player's wife & family if he's going to play hard that day...

I like objectivity. I'm weird like that.

Snowball

gl suicidekings if you think the ESPN Yahoo CBS and all the other national "experts" who picked
    Cavs to beat Boston and then Magic to beat Boston I suppose they were more "objective"
    but they did not win did they.

suicidekings
    Update your status

gl suicidekings if you think the ESPN Yahoo CBS and all the other national "experts" who picked
    Cavs to beat Boston and then Magic to beat Boston I suppose they were more "objective"
    but they did not win did they.
    In fairness, Boston has a decent chance to win tonight. I'm not taking that away from them, however I'm on Orlando -3.5 as I like them to win Game 5.

My criticism lies with using historical trends dating back to the start of the NBA (are Bird/McHale playing tonight?) and the pick from a local sportscaster that co-authored Larry Bird's book... I mean, come on. Neither of these statements should have any bearing in handicapping a game. They have no bearing whatsoever on the game tonight, and to me they weaken your credibility.

I repeat: This statement has nothing to do with the outcome of the game tonight. Win or lose, your argument is sh!t.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

for me magic -4.5 is very good pick to locate money in
    this year we had really quick semifinals series so people didnt watch many games. If we sum up tickets sale its really low for kind of playoffs we have this year. In my opinion we could watch game 6 and in la suns series also game 7

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If you're relying on any "expert" talking head to pick your games from the T.V., radio or Internet, you're in deep, deep trouble.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    In fairness, Boston has a decent chance to win tonight. I'm not taking that away from them, however I'm on Orlando -3.5 as I like them to win Game 5.

My criticism lies with using historical trends dating back to the start of the NBA (are Bird/McHale playing tonight?) and the pick from a local sportscaster that co-authored Larry Bird's book... I mean, come on. Neither of these statements should have any bearing in handicapping a game. They have no bearing whatsoever on the game tonight, and to me they weaken your credibility.

I repeat: This statement has nothing to do with the outcome of the game tonight. Win or lose, your argument is sh!t.
    I agree with this 100%, and again, I'm a fan of Snowball. He's better than this.

Snowball

Every thread doesn't have to get into the nitty gritty about how to cap the game. I've made my arguments about this Boston team many many times so I don't feel the need to repeat why they are a better team than the Magic and why they will win this series and are up 3-1.
    All those arguments stand. The only reason for THIS thread was the first post. Call it an obsolete factoid or whatever, but I'll tell you that these players do care about Celtic history and have already won a championship together. they want to go down as one of the best Celtic teams ever.
    Those comparisons and the duty and pride they feel are there.

Now I know the public is all over the Magic tonight. The evidence is in the poll on this board and on the line and the scoring predictions. Go with the public and figure the Magic will win one at home with momentum and theorize that they were only slumping when they dropped 3 in a row. Or that they figured out boston defense or Howard has "it" back. Whatever..
    this is the deep playoffs. we've been talking about these teams ad nauseum all year.
    when there's only 4 teams left i don't care what kind of capping or knowledge you try to apply,
    every call is a gut call.. and mine is on Boston with Rondo back to 100%.

gl

Snowball

I'm going to say one more thing before this game is over.

Anyone who thinks they can cap this game is a liar or fooling themselves.