bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Timberwolves +240

On the second night of back NBA players are said to be playing more from their spinal cords than their heads, so often the teams that conquer that situations are the fives who’ve played together a lot. Due to a lot of injuries Dallas has put a lot of different starting fives on the floor, and I believe this is why in their second games they’re a league-worst 1-6 ATS. Tonight the fatigue thing will be compounded by both last night’s over-time frame in Denver (of all places), and the dreaded forth-game-in-five-nights scenario.

Minnesota is also on the back end of two, but their 3-1 ATS reflects a core four that has now been together for three and more years. They might not think much of each other’s games, but they know them in the deep way that lets them stay connected when fatigued.

There’s also an X and O thing to like about this match-up. The recipe to beat the Timberwolves is to have a good on-ball defender take away dribble penetration so you can commit three guys to stopping Sczerbiak and Garnett. Dallas can’t follow this recipe because both Harris and Terry get more help than they give. Last week when the two teams played Dallas tried to follow the recipe and Jaric had his best game of the season. So the adjustment ball is in Coach Johnson’s court, and I would look for him to give help to his point leaving the big two with enough breathing space to make this one go to the wire.

YTD +3.50

1/6 Atlanta +285 W +2.85
    1/5 Houston +275 W +2.75
    ¼ Orlando +800 L -1.0
    1/3 Portland +2.5, 4Q L -1.1

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

bookie, i'm going to really take a very good long look at your play for today. you appear to be on to something here.

Good luck bud

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

LMFAO, after reading this thread for the last couple of days i decided to have a look at yesterdays ML's. I saw the Utah line at +1100 or whatever it was and i mockingly said to myself "yeah, i wonder if that would be a play". I'm not laughing so hard now!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

mad,

detroit has been the toughest team to figure out this year mad. this team always seems to cover damn near any number the books put out on them.