Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

NBA conspiracies are officially dead

Never want to hear this shit again. 3 of the 4 series are sweeps, including a thought to be 7 gamer between Spurs/Suns. I even believed it and used it as an angel to take the Spurs yesterday and got buried for it. I am officially a non-believer.

This is a catastrophic blow and epic fail for the NBA. If something could have been "done" to get these series extended, it would have been done. It wasn't.

BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

Lets toast to victory

Sunde91

Yeah, and so much for the power of Vegas too. They got fukin taken 4 games in a row on ORL and 3 games on LAL and had no idea what to do with the line in ORL.

cruyff
    cruyff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 140

I believe less than 1 in 100 games are fixed, and even then, the refs can't control everything. You can give a team 50 fts but if the players don't step up to the line and make the shots, the refs can't change the scoreboard. As serious betters we've got to keep our eyes open for games that will seriously interest the league to go on way or the other, but the odd sweep is bound to happen, if only to keep the people screaming "fix" on their toes.

The cold hard truth is anyone who thinks the nba is fixed day-in day-out and that it's gone the wwf route is a complete idiot. And it's the idiots that make a lot of people think the league is 100% legit because they don't want to be classified with the paranoid people screaming "fixed" every missed free throw.

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Never want to hear this shit again. 3 of the 4 series are sweeps, including a thought to be 7 gamer between Spurs/Suns. I even believed it and used it as an angel to take the Spurs yesterday and got buried for it. I am officially a non-believer.

This is a catastrophic blow and epic fail for the NBA. If something could have been "done" to get these series extended, it would have been done. It wasn't.
    the magic, lakers, and suns just overmatched their opponents...there isn't much the refs can do when one team just plays so much better than the other...

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

agree solid post...

Aurelius
    Aurelius's Avatar Become A Pro!

how much did you lose on hawks and jazz?

1UP
    1UP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

They should never exist in the first place. Notice they always come from a bunch of bitter people who bet the loser every year. Then they psych themselves out with stupid theories in the following years and bet against the obvious winners. Why? Because they're convinced someone upstairs is somehow controlling the length of a series. It's an endless cycle.

There is no parity in the NBA. The better team will always win. People need to stop complicating it.

AnotherLoan
    AnotherLoan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's just forget all the other questionable games throughout history after 2 rounds of the playoffs this season.

Sunde91

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherLoan View Post
    Let's just forget all the other questionable games throughout history after 2 rounds of the playoffs this season.
    Do you understand how serious a blow it is to have 3/4 sweep?

5+ games of TV, ads, ticket sales, merchandise, a loss of overall interest for fans going forward resulting in even lower TV ratings, etc down the drain.

No game 7s, no underdog, nothing to stimulate the pulse of the playoffs, just a flatline going into the Conference Finals as we wait around til the weekend for them to start already apathetic.

If it was "done" in the past, then this was definitely a time to get it "done" and it was basically worst case scenario.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

i bet in NBA, tennis, soccer. and why is NBA the only thing that has referee statistics (in depth, in fact) for teams? I dont know other major US sports like NHL, MLB or NFL have or not (in details), but as far I searched, I seems cant find it. Answer this question and probably I can try to see NBA as where the real amazing happens...

in fact when comparing some refs against certain teams, there will be anomalies that win% of that team when officiated by a ref will differ so much from the team win% overall.
    Last edited by nulldah; 05-11-10 at 01:17 AM.

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherLoan View Post
    i agree... because of this second round everybody is totally bashing the theories like if the past 20 years haven't existed...the NBA doesn't always get what it wants, sometimes you will have just overmatched teams and no matter how many calls the inferior team might get, if the good team shows up to play, they will win more often than not...

cap10
    cap10's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow;;didn't think i'd live to see all these stupid sweeps;; fix was in in all 3 series;; each one is irrational;; makes no sense