newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    Like all Phil Jackson teams they have good players who know their part in helping the team win. Fisher fits in well and does a good job however he is no where close to the top PG.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    [/b]

Your joking right? The guy hasnt been able to hit a 3 pointer in 3 years.

The Machine..do you remember Once he started going with calling himself that it was all over for him. When he was at his best Kobe once said he had one of the best stokes around. Wonder what happened?

MRcool2035
    MRcool2035's Avatar Become A Pro!

In the nba ohhh hell no..

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    [/b]

Your joking right? The guy hasnt been able to hit a 3 pointer in 3 years.
    He hasn't played much this season, so it's hard to say where he's at.

I'd rather have him shooting threes than Artest.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    He hasn't played much this season, so it's hard to say where he's at.

I'd rather have him shooting threes than Artest.

He isnt the same player anymore. He is just brought on to the court to give guys like artest a breather and irritate opponents by rubbing into there jerseys. Artest was doing pretty good from 3 point land in Utah. The whole twitter thing got him going and Phil pushed his buttons.

yuperz
    yuperz's Avatar Become A Pro!

fukcyou cant really call him BEST PG, more like very physical and good 3pt shooter!!!..IF kobe Bryant had Jason kidd, NAsh and deron will, KOBE would have had many spectacular ALley hoops and stuff....

The thing is fisher can pass...too but.....i havent seen many alley oops..but i know lakers is trianlge offence but alleyopps r doable...plus

remmeber Jkidd n carter CoMBo....flyin.....anyway, also, sometimez...when d-fisher drives in to lay in..it's so awcakrd...he doesnt have good touches,,so the ball always bounce off the rip or board so hard....altho he does get fouled cuz he's so slow to drive in..he dribles little high..too....overal...fisher is just a bettter than decent player but..he's not the BEST PG..man
    Last edited by yuperz; 05-17-10 at 12:32 PM.

Laki
    Laki's Avatar Become A Pro!

Artest is much better defensive player than Fisher... and he's more athletic.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Congruency View Post
    fisher is the worst starting PG in the league, dont get all worked up about this obviously
    Mike Bibby.

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

my vote goes to Steve Nash

investor
    Chicks jumpin my whip like a moshpit
    investor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Born and raised in LA and can't root for any other team besides the lakers. Go lakers!! But even here in LA we all know that he is not the best pg in the league. Would way rather have Deron Williams or Chris Paul or i hate to say it, but even Rondo. Also, i'd love to see Westbrook come to LA. I think he'd be able to penetrate the ball perfectly for kobe.

And steve Nash doesn't have enough Defense to come play with the lakers. He's going to get exposed against em.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

if we're talking best PG, gimme Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

Then would come Nash (but he's 36 and doesn't play good defense), Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo.

Tony Parker, Tyreke Evans, Russell Westbrook, Brandon Jennings...

For the Lakers or most teams, I wouldn't want Nash right now. I don't think he'd be an elite PG in most systems.

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Tyreke isn't really a pg, he played the same role Wade did as a rookie

zigomanisinsider
    zigomanisinsider's Avatar Become A Pro!

fisher show why he is the best pg in nba

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by zigomanisinsider View Post
    fisher show why he is the best pg in nba

zigomanisinsider

big big big shots tonight

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

zigomanisinsider

fisher does it again

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

He is clutch.

No argument there

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

lol clutch but not close to best

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

stop bumping this thread zigio. You shouldn't be betting the nba my little nephew who is 9 knows way more than you about basketball

zigomanisinsider

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    stop bumping this thread zigio. You shouldn't be betting the nba my little nephew who is 9 knows way more than you about basketball
    how that boston bet coming in game 3 goat milk

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

What a dumb thread.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by zigomanisinsider View Post

how that boston bet coming in game 3 goat milk
    i called LA winning game 3 dumb fukk

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by migz View Post
    He reminds me of Robert Horry. Plays diff in the playoffs. But i still hate Fisher! LOL
    Can you believe some people have been talking about Robert Horry being in the Hall of Fame??? I'm thinking to myself "can you be serious??"

The Fresh Prince has the rings but it's been mostly as a supporting player who made a couple clutch shots. He really hasn't been stellar over the regular season.

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...e-derek-fisher

Basketball
    Mavericks waive Derek Fisher

By Royce Young |

Derek Fisher is done in Dallas. (Getty Images)
    Derek Fisher and the Dallas Mavericks are parting ways after just nine games.
    The team announced Saturday they have waived the veteran point guard.
    There's a catch, though: It was actually by Fisher's request that he was waived. According to an ESPN report, Fisher put the request in a few days ago, but agreed to play on until the team could find another point guard to replace him. But he strained his right patellar tendon against the 76ers Tuesday which has him out for at least a week.
    Fisher released a statement Saturday explaining the decision:
    "In Tuesday's game against Philadelphia, I suffered an injury to my patellar tendon. The recovery time will be approximately two weeks. With this news and the difficulty I have been having being away from my family, I have asked the organization to waive me so I can return home.
    "Mark Cuban has been extremely supportive and has granted me this request. I cannot say enough good things about this organization. From Mark, to Coach Carlisle, to the players on the Mavericks' team, I sincerely thank them for the opportunity.
    "I have made decisions in the past, leaving money and opportunity on the table, and I will need to do that again. My family is my priority and that is where I choose to be. I won't close the possibility that I will play again, however for now my family and being close to them remains the priority."
    Fisher, 38, signed with the Mavs Nov. 29 and surprisingly became their starting point guard over Darren Collison and Rodrigue Beaubois. In nine games he averaged 8.6 points and 3.6 assists in 25 minutes per game.
    According to ESPN.com, the Mavs are planning to call up Chris Douglas-Roberts to fill Fisher's vacated roster spot.
    The Mavs are expected to be very active on the trade market to find a point guard, as they're obviously not pleased with Collison, Beaubois or Dominique Jones. The fact Fisher was immediately made a starter when he signed should really tell it all.
    The question is why Fisher asked out. Is it because he gave it one more go and is ready to hang 'em up? Or was it because he was quickly realizing the Mavs weren't going to be in the title discussion -- or maybe even playoff discussion -- after slipping to 12-15?
    By his statement, it almost seems retirement is on his mind. Fisher's future is certainly up in the air. Even if he wants another shot, question is, does anyone want him?

Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 02-25-15 at 10:10 AM.

First 123