jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Durant Struggling

Did he come out too early?

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Give the guy some time. He's also has nobody to play with.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

That whole team is struggling, and not just on the court. You've got a 19-year-old kid who is being thrown to the wolves and expected to play the most minutes. Yeah, he might have been better off staying in college one more year; I'd even argue anyone is better off taking the free education, period. But he'll get better with some experience, and there's no telling how much better he'll be with some other talent around to complement his game.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

He's doing good isn't he?

Last night I was playing old man basketball. The guy I was guarding was awful so I was able to double and put more pressure on the guy who wasn't over 40. That must be what it is like for Seattle's top player and he still get 20 a game. He would have Ray Allen %s if the switched teams IMO.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

He needs a year to get an NBA body. When he reported--he could only bench press 195. I realize that is alot for most of the guys on this forum--but gee whiz, thats not even close to respectable. When he starts benching at least 250 he will be able to handle the pounding. Next year he will take off.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

sup boys... 20pts. 5 rebs. 2 asst. 3 tos i would say he is doing just fine considering he is a 20 yr. old kid put on one of the worst fukin teams in the league and he is the GO TO guy. that being said..the sonics are quite fadeable so far

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Durant has performed exactly how I think many of us thought he would. The scouts can ooh and ahh all they want, but this guy is not nearly as special as they think he is. He'll always be a low FG% player who takes too many shots and doesn't do enough other things well to be a true star.

Five years down the road, if he becomes a second fiddle player and learns how to defer, he'll be a very valuable player, but I sure as hell wouldn't want the fortune of my franchise riding on his back alone.

jjgold

low % FG guys cannot win in nba

good point dwaechte

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    He needs a year to get an NBA body. When he reported--he could only bench press 195. I realize that is alot for most of the guys on this forum--but gee whiz, thats not even close to respectable. When he starts benching at least 250 he will be able to handle the pounding. Next year he will take off.
    He does have string bean arms but look at Pistons' Prince and Hamilton...same bodies they had in the 6th grade.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

It's a combo of:
    Not being physically ready to bang with full grown men night in and night out.
    Learning the league.
    Not having much help.

He came out before he was physically ready to do battle with full grown men, but I think it would be impossible to say NO to that kind of money as a kid. I really do.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I really don't feel it's an issue of his physicality or strength. I really don't believe this guy has the talent.

His shot, though it looks nice, has not been falling from NBA range, and its hard to imagine this having anything to do with strength or physicality. He's simply not the shooter people thought he was.

Aside from that, he also is not the Tracy McGrady type scorer/slasher/driver many thought he would be. He's not overly quick off the dribble, and can't beat the leagues top defenders one on one.

I will concede that there's a chance his post-up moves will be more effective when he gets bigger, but even then I don't see him being a solid presence from within 15 feet.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

McGrady couldn't get on the floor his first two seasons and didn't avg. over 20 until his 4th. It's early.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

perhaps he is slowed by that giant wallet sticking out of his shorts, or perhaps he has an owner who wants to move that team and is in no rush to put together a winner.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    He does have string bean arms but look at Pistons' Prince and Hamilton...same bodies they had in the 6th grade.
    when Prince came out of UofK, i though "No way he makes it in the NBA", i was wrong.

and does anyone remember all the stuff said about Reggie Miller when he came in the league.

NiceMaaan
    NiceMaaan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Durant is doing well..his supporting cast blows. He just needs to get a little stronger and start being more physical..Sonics did win tonight though

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

He is doing fine, and will be ok. Like everyone else said, he is on a shietty team that may not be in Seattle much longer.

jjgold

He will have to become a better shooter, he should of stayed in college, time will tell.