the youngster
    the youngster's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA Refs affecting over/under

It seems like some refs are more likely to lean towards the over and others to the under. Does anybody know where you can find who's reffing the game before tip off? It seems like sometimes the NBA website will have it just in time to bet the game and other times they don't say who's reffing till the games started.

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is what the refs got in trouble for in the gambling conspiracy last year. Noone is supposed to know the ref of Nba game until 30 minutes before game. But last here they were giving list of the schedule to the bookies before hand so they could adjust lines as they saw fit

the youngster

I thought that was the case but do you know if there is a site where u can find out who's reffing in time to bet the game

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont know why the 30 min rule is in place.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I thought they changed this rule this season and now announce refs in the morning? I could be off here, but I thought they made this move for greater transparancy.

euginho
    euginho's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can find NBA referee stats here:

covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nba/referees/referees.html

the youngster

ive seen the covers page and looked the underover stats. There are probably about ten refs that seriously lean one way or the other for the last 3 years. I try to bet the game if several "over trending refs" or "several under trending refs" are on the same game. The hard part is figuring out who's refing the game before it starts. If they do annouce the refs that morning it will make it much easier. Right now I can only use this system if i can get to a computer around game time and find whos refing.