BandwagonFan
    BandwagonFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strategies for betting NBA

I'm new to the forum, but not to the sports gambling world. I have never liked to bet on NBA games, but I am going to give it one more try this season. I was wondering if anyone had any proven strategies that have been successful in betting on the NBA?

Has betting all dogs been successful? I have betting all dogs in NHL this season and am having good luck with it.

One strategy that I am thinking about is laying points every game with the "top" teams(Dallas, Spurs, Suns, Bulls, Celtics). Another is betting the over every game with the top 3-5 scoring teams.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!!

BossRoss
    BossRoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Not sure if this works statistically or not, but it's the philosophy I've used in the NBA for a while now and that is simply pick the winner, Don't have the stats, but I've heard that just picking the winner is the way to go, obviously if the under dog wins the game you cover ATS and it makes sense that most favs who win cover also in the NBA with all the late fouls/FT's widening the margin of victory, only time the winning team does not cover ATS is when it's a very tight game and neither team fouls at the end to push it one way or the other or when a team fires 3's late and happens to knock down more 3-pointers than the other team can hit FT's and you get the dreaded back door, only other thing really to watch then would be the large spreads(Like SA tonight) but for the most part, I'd say pick the winner of the game! It bugs the hell out of me when people say "Yeah, I think Bost will win, but I'll take the +5 points and Milwaukee to cover", thats absolutely retarded IMO and only time I take a dog, is if it's double-digit points or I think they have a legit shot at winning the game(Never pick the team you think will lose but MAY cover), Also LOVE to give up the points if it's 3 or less and take the moneyline, for the same reasons I mentioned already(Late fouls and FT's usually help whoever wins to cover) at least from my experience this works %80 of the time, so again...Simply pick the winner of the game and if you're any good, you'll win at this!!! GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON BUDDY!!!

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

One good bet is when a team has been on a long road trip, bet against them their 1st game back home.

Another is when a team play back to back nights, if 2nd game is a road game bet against them .

You will do very good on those two trends.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Bulls are no top team until they get a coach

BandwagonFan
    BandwagonFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the couple of takes. A couple of questions for pokernut, what would you consider a long road trip; 6, 7 games? Also, if a team play more than two road games in consecutive nights, do you bet against them each game of the road trip?

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BandwagonFan View Post
    Thanks for the couple of takes. A couple of questions for pokernut, what would you consider a long road trip; 6, 7 games? Also, if a team play more than two road games in consecutive nights, do you bet against them each game of the road trip?

Anything over 4 games on a trip, is good.

Usually will never see a team play 3 nights in a row in the NBA

As with theses things it is a good play when done all the time not selectively. Hence tonight's play would be against SA as a road favorite.