jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

James/Wade Will Most Likely Be On Same Team Next Year

70% chance..............how about at least 6 titles too, these are the only two mega stars like this could pull it off and out aside egos and not be sellfish, James other option is to go to Orlando and win at least 8 straight titles with Howard.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another JJ knee jerk post. Love these. I don't know cap numbers, but can anyone but the Knicks do this?

jjgold

Miami can do it also, a few others too. Wade wants to play with James next year and not shy about saying it. Only chance Knicks have to get James is give his buddy Wade HUGE money too.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I doubt Wade will sign for the MLE, which is all cleveland has to offer

Lebron is going nowhere.

GRUMPERZ
    GRUMPERZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

great post

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

This doesn't make since for either of them. They both like to have the ball w/ no time on the clock, they both like to be the man, etc.... There are a lot better fits for lebron and wade. Just because you put 2 superstars on the same team doesn't = championships...

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

more like 15% chance.

jj being clueless with numbers is a daily occurrence.

James cannot go to Orlando. How exactly would they clear cap space? Cleveland would not do a sign-and-trade with Orlando, so that's out as well.

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    more like 15% chance.

jj being clueless with numbers is a daily occurrence.

James cannot go to Orlando. How exactly would they clear cap space? Cleveland would not do a sign-and-trade with Orlando, so that's out as well.
    Do you mean Miami?

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

man this is confusing...wtf???? All i know is that there are a lot better fits for both players...This is not a pippen jordan combo...

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

more like 15% chance. jj being clueless with numbers is a daily occurrence. James cannot go to Orlando. How exactly would they clear cap space? Cleveland would not do a sign-and-trade with Orlando, so that's out as well.
    0% chance. First scenario, Cleveland wins the championship this year. LBJ agrees to contract extension with Cleveland. Second scenario, Cleveland doesn't win championship. Lebron goes to the Knicks for an unGodly amount of money. Third scenario, Cleveland doesn't win Championship, but Lebron doesn't learn his lesson that Cleveland does not win Championships in any sports. He resigns and never does win a ring

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    70% chance..............how about at least 6 titles too, these are the only two mega stars like this could pull it off and out aside egos and not be sellfish, James other option is to go to Orlando and win at least 8 straight titles with Howard.
    Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post
    Do you mean Miami?
    No. I was responding to jj. He said Orlando, which is nonsensical. Miami is actually a possibility.

I also have to laugh at the idea of any team winning eight straight titles. That doesn't happen these days, no matter what talent you have. Friction develops, injuries occur, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    0% chance. First scenario, Cleveland wins the championship this year. LBJ agrees to contract extension with Cleveland. Second scenario, Cleveland doesn't win championship. Lebron goes to the Knicks for an unGodly amount of money. Third scenario, Cleveland doesn't win Championship, but Lebron doesn't learn his lesson that Cleveland does not win Championships in any sports. He resigns and never does win a ring
    I disagree. If LeBron doesn't win with the team Cleveland put together for him (a pretty good supporting cast this year), he may go to another big time player and agree to join forces and find a team that can sign them both.

It's unlikely that LeBron winds up with another FA superstar, but it could happen. There are teams that have enough cap space or could clear enough cap space.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Orlando is not an option. They don't have the cap room. There is like zero chance of that happening.

ouman101

Yisman, yeah I could see him joining another good program, but the main point is that I don't think he'll stay in Cleveland if he doesn't win a championship this year. He wants to be remembered as the best player, and to get that title he needs to start getting rings.

podunk
    podunk's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's happening. bank it.

JohnnyD4916
    JohnnyD4916's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

I would like to see that

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with this. But I still think if he doesn't win this year, or atleast to the Championship, he will be gone. If he wins, they all stick together for 1 more year and he goes back 2 back.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

wat are u talkin about, ungodly amount of money? knicks cant give them more money than the cavs.

jjgold

It's definately a possibility
    they have a plan

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

ESPN did a big writeup a few weeks back about how much LeBron loves NY. How he wore a Yankees Cap to a Cleveland Indians game etc. Cleveland has bent over backwards to get him guys to play with, looked after all of his interests, but that might not be enough. Wade says his heart is in Miami, but I can't see LeBron going there. It's definitely at least 50-50 that they find a team to play for together

yisman

Yisman, yeah I could see him joining another good program, but the main point is that I don't think he'll stay in Cleveland if he doesn't win a championship this year. He wants to be remembered as the best player, and to get that title he needs to start getting rings.
    I don't know whether he'll return to Cleveland. You said there's a 0% chance of LeBron and Wade being on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Orlando is not an option. They don't have the cap room. There is like zero chance of that happening.
    Yep. What I said.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It's definately a possibility
    they have a plan
    You went from "70% chance" to "a possibility".

Sure it's a possibility.

It also is not close to 70% and I'd bet against it happening.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

one of them will be in philly

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Wade is not going anywhere. Riley is a contender. Bosh or Amare come to Miami next year. If Wade and Lebron teamed up, I wouldn't even know what to make of it.

Kobe would probably just retire at that point because unless LA gets KD or another superstar caliber player like Joe Johnson, Bron and Wade will win 6 consecutive titles and make history.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wade and Bron one the Knicks, I'd love it, but it ain't gonna happen

brokespoke11
    brokespoke11's Avatar Become A Pro!

those 2 could make it work

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Wade is not going anywhere. Riley is a contender. Bosh or Amare come to Miami next year. If Wade and Lebron teamed up, I wouldn't even know what to make of it.

Kobe would probably just retire at that point because unless LA gets KD or another superstar caliber player like Joe Johnson, Bron and Wade will win 6 consecutive titles and make history.
    Kobe wouldn't retire because of that. That doesn't make sense.

And I sincerely doubt they'd win six straight titles. As I said before, that stuff doesn't happen nowadays. It's hard enough just to win back to back championships.

ouman101

Your right. Still 0% chance that Lebron and Wade play on the same team. 90% chance he moves on if he doesn't win a championship this year.

ouman101

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    wat are u talkin about, ungodly amount of money? knicks cant give them more money than the cavs.
    If Lebron became a possibility I bet you that their wallets might 'somehow' become A LOT deeper. You realize how much money he would make them. The guy literally pays for himself with all the money that he brings to whoever he's playing for (ticket sales --> concessions, merchandise, advertising revenue, etc).

MRcool2035
    MRcool2035's Avatar Become A Pro!

WADE + LEBRON = KOBE Retirement

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Kobe wouldn't retire because of that. That doesn't make sense.

And I sincerely doubt they'd win six straight titles. As I said before, that stuff doesn't happen nowadays. It's hard enough just to win back to back championships.
    The only thing keeping Kobe going right now is winning 6 titles to stop the discussion for "who has more titles though Jordan or Kobe" up. Kobe is not going to waste his time with the league if he doesn't think he contend every year. Wade and Lebron will go down as 2 of the 15 greatest players in NBA history.

Your wrong Yisman, any team that had Wade and Lebron and D-leaguers around them would win 6 straight championships. Can you imagine a coach having to gameplan for both Wade and Lebron 2 of the 3 greatest players on the planet? It's not possible.

Those guys are never going to play together, it would dramatically change the whole structure of the league. The good teams would become great and the shitty teams will become even shittier comparatively.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The only thing keeping Kobe going right now is winning 6 titles to stop the discussion for "who has more titles though Jordan or Kobe" up. Kobe is not going to waste his time with the league if he doesn't think he contend every year. Wade and Lebron will go down as 2 of the 15 greatest players in NBA history.
    Kobe's not just going to give up and retire in either case, even if Wade, LeBron, and Bosh all signed with the same team.

Your wrong Yisman, any team that had Wade and Lebron and D-leaguers around them would win 6 straight championships. Can you imagine a coach having to gameplan for both Wade and Lebron 2 of the 3 greatest players on the planet? It's not possible.
    It doesn't matter how much talent you have, too many things can get in the way to guarantee six titles in a row.

Raycrs
    Raycrs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their would be so many rings man

yisman

If Lebron became a possibility I bet you that their wallets might 'somehow' become A LOT deeper. You realize how much money he would make them. The guy literally pays for himself with all the money that he brings to whoever he's playing for (ticket sales --> concessions, merchandise, advertising revenue, etc).
    Unless they'd be illegally paying him extra under the table, the Knicks can't do that.

LeBron might make more due to endorsements if he went to New York, but another team cannot offer what the original team can under the current salary cap structure.

Cleveland can offer him the most money.

ouman101

Unless they'd be illegally paying him extra under the table, the Knicks can't do that. LeBron might make more due to endorsements if he went to New York, but another team cannot offer what the original team can under the current salary cap structure. Cleveland can offer him the most money.
    You probably right on this one. The salary cap structure is one thing that I'm not up to speed on.

123 Last