Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Charlotte takes Orlando to 7 games: Upset alert

I've posted several times in this forum that the Bobcat's were the team noone wants to play. Well the Magic are about to find out what I mean. (I can't search old post's in my current location). This team is long, athletic, good defenders that each think they are better than their opponents. They will find a way to guard the perimeter and eliminate Orlando's 3's. I don't think they will stop Howard but they may be content with letting him get his.

Yes, Charlotte sucks on the road but they can beat anyone and have. They have handled all the NBA elite teams. I have to give a huge edge to Coach Brown over Coach Van Dumbdy. I think he will have Charlotte ready to roll. I expect Charlotte to split the first 2 games.

I see this series going at least 6 with 7 a possibility and even a Charlotte victory. I'm taking a flyer out on them to win the series our right.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Charlotte goes nowhere! Orlando in 5 games.

gabbysabe
    gabbysabe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I've posted several times in this forum that the Bobcat's were the team noone wants to play. Well the Magic are about to find out what I mean. (I can't search old post's in my current location). This team is long, athletic, good defenders that each think they are better than their opponents. They will find a way to guard the perimeter and eliminate Orlando's 3's. I don't think they will stop Howard but they may be content with letting him get his.

Yes, Charlotte sucks on the road but they can beat anyone and have. They have handled all the NBA elite teams. I have to give a huge edge to Coach Brown over Coach Van Dumbdy. I think he will have Charlotte ready to roll. I expect Charlotte to split the first 2 games.

I see this series going at least 6 with 7 a possibility and even a Charlotte victory. I'm taking a flyer out on them to win the series our right.

what ever your smoking let me have some

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Orlando has been on fire and I agree that it will be a good series. I dont think Charlotte is gonna win the series but they can give the Magic some problems.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Magic will handle this team easily. The Magic are the deepest and healthiest team in the NBA right now BARNONE.

snowball22
    snowball22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a chance. Magic can win in 4. They probably won't, will let them win 1 home game. 4-1 is final.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by snowball22 View Post
    Not a chance. Magic can win in 4. They probably won't, will let them win 1 home game. 4-1 is final.
    I say 4-1 as Charlotte have to win G3 at home.

Mac4Lyfe

While most people think the Magic got better this year (On paper yes), in actuality, they got worse. The Magic had several player's last year that showed up in big games. Howard, Turkoglu, Lewis and Rafer Alston, who all played with no fear. Who do they have this year??? Howard and Lewis. I don't trust VC one bit in big games, neither Jameer Nelson, Reddick Barnes, etc... This team relies on 3 pointer's. What do you think happens when guy's you can't trust start clanking 3's???

Who can you trust to hit a mid range jumper for Orlando? VC maybe?

The Magic should win the series but this is a slippery slope. The wheels can come off real easy in this series for them. Larry Brown will employ an innovative defense and the Magic will have a tough time scoring. Yes, the Bobcat's can become offensively challenged just as easy but that's why this series will be much closer than most expect. I like this matchup for Charlotte. I think Charlotte may have the better players top to the near bottom - minus Howard... Think about it for a moment???

Mac4Lyfe

Plus, I think Lewis was much better with Hedo on the court. It raised his game. Hedo was that go to guy who could distribute to Lewis and helped him get easy points. Rafer could penetrate and kick which helped Lewis. I think Lewis will play much worse without Hedo in the playoffs.

So the big question mark becomes VC?? Will he show up in big games? I think of him like his cousin TMac. He'll play well but not well enough to will his team to wins in crunch time. You tell me who will show up?

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

orlando in 6, d12 will be too much for ratliff and chandler

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

s jackson will start jacking up shots

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Charlotte is a great defensive team but their offense is worthless and Orlando is a great defensive team and their offense will be too much for Charlotte. I dont see Charlotte keeping any of these games close on the road.

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

This is what ESPN does to people. Have them saying stupid shit, trying to find some glimmer of drama. If you can't trust Orlando, you damn sure can't trust Cleveland then. We bitch this team every year, and now a virgin playoff team is supposed to upset? Aiight buddy.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

IMO, Orlando doesnt lose this series.

later

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

could happen but i think orlando wins in 5 or 6

manidyon
    manidyon's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha// wat a joke.. i give u all my SBR points if magic lose.. mark my words!!!!!!!!!!

Patrickk_b
    Patrickk_b's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aren't you the guy who went all in on Kentucky and lost 6 dimes?
    You're also the dude that talks up the cats like they're the most underrated team in the nba. They're 7th for a reason and will get rolled

Take off those homer glasses. Orlando in 5

OverUnder
    Feels great to be back.
    OverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Maybe Charlotte in 7 ATS but not straight up. I believe they are +5000 for the series? You definitely should be on that.

yunnusan
    yunnusan's Avatar Become A Pro!

quite impossible

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by OverUnder View Post
    Maybe Charlotte in 7 ATS but not straight up. I believe they are +5000 for the series? You definitely should be on that.
    That would mean it went to 7 games...

I'm no Charlotte homer, just a Charlotte observer. I was also the person here last year saying all along that the Cav's would not beat the Magic and most people laughed about that. No one gave Orlando much a chance prior to the playoffs. Charles Barkley was the only guy on TV. Even fewer folks here in this forum liked the Magic PRIOR to the playoffs. Now we have all become believers in the Magic.

Charlotte is an up and down team. They play like crap at times but then they play above their heads. They have shot blockers galore and give teams fits and frustrate you. Charlotte is a dangerous team. I don't give a dam who they lost to or where there seeded. They are a team that can beat anyone. Out of all the other teams out there, this is the one team that can prove trouble...

Jak
    Jak's Avatar Become A Pro!

It true that the Bobcats can beat anyone in a game but I don't think they can keep it up for a 7 game series

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I think that under should be good option in these serie

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by necro View Post
    I think that under should be good option in these serie
    Charlotte's defense isn't that good on the road. I'd say:

OVER in Orlando
    UNDER in Charlotte

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Charlotte's defense isn't that good on the road. I'd say:

OVER in Orlando
    UNDER in Charlotte

Charlotte allows 95.8 ppg on the road compared to 93 ppg overall so there road defense doesnt suffer much. I think the Magic have locked down lately and i would say play under in both venues as these teams play low scoring games. They have played many low scoring games in the past and it will continue as Brown will have a plan in place for the magic.

Mac4Lyfe

I like the Under as well...

Hmmm, Charlotte is +750 to win the series at BetJam. I'd thought it'd be better than that. Vegas thinks the series may be closer...

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

bold prediction GL...like Magic here.

freddues
    freddues's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

GL with this prediction--I say Orlando beats Cleveland in the East Finals

nasaki
    nasaki's Avatar Become A Pro!

larry brown is an excellent coach

OverUnder
    Feels great to be back.
    OverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Magic played terrible today, but still won by 9. Charlotte does not have a chance in this serious in my non-magic fan opinion.

zogdog
    zogdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

The Bobcats would have won if the refs called the obvious foul on Howard with about 3 minutes to go on the Gerald Wallace rebound. Howard would have been out of the game, and he really deterred the Bobcats from driving to the hoop and came up with a couple huge offensive rebounds after that.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38373

Orlando wins the series easily

Renojaguar
    Renojaguar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

I have waited over 15 years for this Magic team to be this good. I watched them win the series all the way to the championship in 1995. This was during the penny shaq an grant hill days and when they got swept by kenny smith and the rockets I thought to myself how long will it be before they are this good again. and every since that series I have heard people take about the Magic and how horrible of a team they were for years. Now I look around and see all of this people riding this magic band wagon. I'm not saying anyone here is riding the band wagon. And since van Gundy took over they have been amazing. alot of people don't like Van Gundy as a coach and for whatever reason don't give him credit, But if you think about it his first year as a coach for Orlando they made it past Toronto to get knocked off by the Pistons and last year they went all the way only to get knocked off by the lakers but, experience was on their side. Everyone tries to credit Patrick Ewing for all this and he may have worked with Howard on somethings but where was 33 when van Gundy took the Heat to the Championship a few years back. I'm just glad van Gundy got the job and not Billy Donavan. Because i don't think the magic would be where they are right now. And if you want to bet a dog in the series take the Spurs. its realistic. Because I'm going to tell you, if you think Orlando is going to loss this series to Charlotte you should submit yourself for drug testing. Orlando had Howard in foul trouble and VC making a few baskets and still almost covered. So imagine if VC was on and Howard had 25 points. It would have been a blow out. How many TO did the Bobcats have? 12 or 13? Orlando will give them 1 at home thats about it. I'm not saing the Bobcats are not good... To me they were the Magic 3 years ago. Young and motivated but thats not what wins games defense and experience on the court does that. reading some of this propaganda crap about how Charlotte is going to win or keep it close makes me want to puke. Just watch the series if it makes it to 6 games I will be amazed.