genius
    genius's Avatar Become A Pro!

How Do You All Make Your Money?

I've been pretty lucky with the parlays, however one monkey could stop the show but i wanna know do people prefer the straight wagers, or do you do multiple straight wagers how do you guys make the bank?

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lifetime, Im most likely down a couple hundred give or take. I make all of my money betting football. I normally bet to win 100 per game. Sometimes I will put 10 bucks on a 5 or 6 team parlay though.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Straight wagers, don't be afraid to bet dogs and never, ever chase.

UnstoppableForce
    UnstoppableForce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlay's are no good. Stick to straight bets and bet the same amount on each wager.. That's your best bet with sports betting. Oh and follow my picks and you'll come out ahead !

DaAce
    DaAce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2372

I tend to stick with close spreads and money lines... ive recently began using teaser bets, which im currently up a few good units on but im still relatively new to it, so i have my days were i take a fall

genius

good stuff keep it coming

genius

what do you mean never chase domestic?

chrislau86
    chrislau86's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with sticking to straight wagers, but I don't agree with betting the same for each amount. Why would you bet the same amount for a game that you LOVE and a game you're a little unsure of? An occasional strong parlay is ok but I wouldn't focus on it

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    if you have an 0-2 or 0-3 night and theres still games on the board for that night..dont bet them just to try to salvage the day...there was a reason you didn't bet those games to start off with, so dont just bet it if you aren't "feeling" the game...

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chrislau86 View Post
    I agree with sticking to straight wagers, but I don't agree with betting the same for each amount. Why would you bet the same amount for a game that you LOVE and a game you're a little unsure of?
    Two schools of thought. He probably only bets games he loves. Degens, on the other hand, have to have plays. Thats why they need varying units.

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    ^What Ichiro said, and also some people after losing 3 units on the day, up their last bet from 1 unit to 3 in order to 'chase the losses' back. It's a no-no

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

futures market

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by chrislau86 View Post
    I agree with sticking to straight wagers, but I don't agree with betting the same for each amount. Why would you bet the same amount for a game that you LOVE and a game you're a little unsure of? An occasional strong parlay is ok but I wouldn't focus on it
    personally, i bet the same amount on every game...if i bet on a game, its becuz i feel that its gonna win..i dont bet on games that im unsure or dont feel comfortable with...i like to rely on my winning % ...if you go by units then theres a chance that you can hit 65% of your games however if ur missing ur 4 and 5 unit games and getting ur 1 and 2 unit games right, then you might not have any profit to show for ur 65% winning percentage....thats why i prefer to just bet a fixed amount on every straight wager..those are my 2cents..

genius

i get what sayin good points i know i cant live of parlays forever so slow bankroll it is

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Mostly straight wagers, but I make alot on playing in play tennis also, thousands at a time. Some in play basketball betting also. I hardly do parlays, couple weeks ago I bet 2 or 3 hundred on a 5 teamer in college basketball to get back over 5k, the first four hit, the last needed to win by 5, of course they win by 2.

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

Quote Originally Posted by tltaylor89 View Post
    futures market

Index baby, Give me a trade

peterw111
    peterw111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Straight wagers is the best way to go.

Seriously, you NEED to vary your bet amount depending on your overall conclusion of the game in question.

Most serious ( good ) cappers will use 1 unit as a base bet, and then depending on there confidence on the next play may bet 2,3 or even 10 units on the next bet.
    POINT 1: A 1 unit bet is a fixed amount, but varies between different punters. (ie 1 unit for you may be $20, but someone else it may $200). If you have a bank then start 1 unit = 1 or 2 % of your bank. It is adviseable to bet 1 unit on most bets, but when a GOOD PLAY exists than add a bit extra.
    It is these extra units bets that can accelerate your bankroll. But don't go overboard.

If you do like to try parlays then maybe just go for 2 or 3 legs. The total odds may not seem flash to you, but the frequency of winners will increase.Especially on 2 leg parlays.

POINT 2 : Like all systems you need to get consistent winners.( ie 6 out of 10 ) Don't underestimate the power of a WINNER.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

1. Play Single (No fantasy 5-Game or 10-Game Parlays)
    2. Flat Betting (Don't place 100$ on one game and 400$ on another)
    3. Self-Control (Don't lose your control, stay emotionless all the time. Bet like a robot!)
    4. Patience is the key. Wait for the right games. Somedays you may skip the card.
    5. Have a plan.

GL!

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

2 team and 3 team parlays are my personal favorite.. im lucky enough to have 4 team pick ems at my book too, so you gatta love those when you have 13 games in one night.. 2 night ive got cavs,suns,portland, and N.O straight up.. 220 win 200..

maseda17
    maseda17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Straight bets. Realize it is a process and an accumulation will take some time. No need to flash the size of your gambling peen and impress people with ML bets on big dogs, or 3 game parlays etc to try and cash a huge ticket. Don't chase a late game to make up for earlier losses if you don't have a lean on the game. We all get caught in this trap, particularly for me during football season. That sunday or monday night game, I always end up putting a play on it even when I have no sense as to what will happen.

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0
    Gopi-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

If I find a play that looks like an outright winner to me, be it sides or total, I'll back it up twice, or up to 5 times my normal amount of play, plus I'll play a 2 or 3 teamer with 1 or 2 favorites' ml to go with it. It's like shooting 2 birds with 1 stone, avoiding the juice and usually pays 2 to 3 times more if it hits...

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

when you have a small bankroll it is tempting to play parlays, actually very very tempting, but it is better to build it up over several months,
    if a player has any chance that would be slow and steady
    good luck

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

The best way to double your money sports wagering is to save up a couple thousand with $100 bills,but don't bet yet. Say, you wait to you have $2,000 which is 20 $100 bills. Take the 20 $100 bills and then fold them over... wait... wait.. look again and you have just doubled your money.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Lyon, how bout them Suns yesterday?

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Lyon, how bout them Suns yesterday?

you were right again my friend I dropped cash in the NBA yesterday 1-2

genius

great tips everybody i came up quick on parlays and my now bankroll has been decreasing
    im going to wait til the playoffs to get back up

bigbank
    bigbank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    3. Self-Control (Don't lose your control, stay emotionless all the time. Bet like a robot!)
    4. Patience is the key. Wait for the right games. Somedays you may skip the card.
    5. Have a plan.

GL!
    Listen to this guy.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    5. Have a plan.

GL!
    This

hawk28269
    hawk28269's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I flip coins....Seriously, I play half-time lines (no thought or emotion) -just flip. If you win your $25 you are out for the night. If you lose, flip coin and take a 2nd half line (no thought or emotion -just flip), betting $55 to win $25. If you win, your up $25 and out -if you lose rinse, repeat and place your $80 to win $25. Key is to just make your $25/night....7 days X $25 is $175....Every two weeks I take home $350. NICE PART TIME JOB for watching Sports.

BetfairUser
    BetfairUser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk28269 View Post
    I flip coins....Seriously, I play half-time lines (no thought or emotion) -just flip. If you win your $25 you are out for the night. If you lose, flip coin and take a 2nd half line (no thought or emotion -just flip), betting $55 to win $25. If you win, your up $25 and out -if you lose rinse, repeat and place your $80 to win $25. Key is to just make your $25/night....7 days X $25 is $175....Every two weeks I take home $350. NICE PART TIME JOB for watching Sports.
    i hope you're joking...if not, why are you on sbr?

Tommy_de1st
    Damn, she's hot
    Tommy_de1st's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7897

Sth`s wrong here
    u have to bet 55 or 80 to win 25, when u lose - you 55 or 80 down and then u need to win 3x25 to be even

dont tell me u win 25 everyday

hawk28269
    hawk28269's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Sorry, didn't figure the exact Math but you get the picture....Can the Coin actually be wrong 4, 5, 6 times in a row....I'm telling ya it is VERY rare. On SBR because I throw this discipline out when March Madness rolls around.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

straight wagers. I do play a 4team parlay for about $50 or $100 once a while if i feel strong, usually hits 3/4 (so u should also play em straight). I do have money management but that doesnt mean i dont go crazy on a certain play every so often. Has worked out more than it hasnt.

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Sorry, didn't figure the exact Math but you get the picture....Can the Coin actually be wrong 4, 5, 6 times in a row....I'm telling ya it is VERY rare. On SBR because I throw this discipline out when March Madness rolls around.

I dont know why you'd use a coin. Just because the probability is it would land on heads 50%. Sure, it could hit 50% in 100 flips or 100,000,000 flips. Not reliable.

The same logic can be applied with roulette by betting black constantly. Everytime you lose you triple your bet. Sounds like a sure thing, right? Can't tell you how many times i've seen red come up 6 timers in a row and then green proceeds it.

genius

good stuff yall been hitting straight ups and cashing in slowly but surely

12 Last