bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dee Brown signs with a Turkish team

First AK-47 wants out and now Dee Brown gets out out Utah. Do all those players hate Jerry Sloan that much in order to leave.

Heres the story on this one:

Utah's Brown headed to Turkey

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) --Second-year player Dee Brown will spend next season in Turkey.

Brown decided over the weekend to accept an offer from Turkish club Galatasaray rather than try to make the Utah Jazz roster in training camp, agent Henry Thomas said Monday.

"At this point, he realizes that this is where it is for him," Thomas said.

Brown hopes he can catch another NBA team's attention while in Turkey and return to the league in the fall of 2008.

The Jazz are stocked at point guard and were unlikely to have room for Brown, who played 49 games as a rookie last season. Utah signed guards Ronnie Price and Jason Hart over the summer, giving them two backups to starter Deron Williams.

Brown, who played with Williams at Illinois, was a restricted free agent, but Utah wasn't offering him a guaranteed contract.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

I think this was a great move for Brown. The international game has been stepped up for years now. If the money was right, why not go to Turkey. At least you'll play over there as opposed to maybe not even making the roster.

The Russian guy or where ever he's from is just a little crazy. Didn't he cry on the bench this year or some whacked out sh1t?

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

that sucks! Even though he didn't play much it was nice to see him and Deron playing on the same team. While they were both at Illinois along with Luther Head they were a hell of a trio! Do you guys remember December 6th 2004? When Wake Forest and Chris Paul were #1 in the nation and went into Assembly Hall in Champaign and My ILLINI put an Ass whooping on them and became #1 and had a hell of a season! GO ILLINI!!!!!!

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I remember that disgusting ass meltdown by the Arizona team against them in the tourney that year. It was a costly game for me.