Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

Question about line moves

How much do NBA lines move compared to other sports? Will 3 to 4 point moves ever happen? If so, with what frequency? Thanks in advance.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    How much do NBA lines move compared to other sports? Will 3 to 4 point moves ever happen? If so, with what frequency? Thanks in advance.
    That is a HUGE line move, the only time I saw a line move of that magnitude happen was for the CLE vs SAN game a while ago where LeBron was unexpectedly out for the game. I think that resulted in a 6-8 point line move. Lines almost never move by 3 to 4 points due to public poundage (sounds dirty). LakerBoy should be another good candidate to answer this question as he is HUGE on line movement.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    the Majority of the time they move a 1/2 to 1 point and rarely to 2 and even more rarely any higher unless there is a starter who suddenly can not play do to sickness or injury flare up

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Correction: If the line moves 2 or more points without the cause being injury or sickness and all scheduled players are starting the reason for this will be because the oddsmakers misread what the public was going to bet on and they will move it rapidly to try evening the money out perfect example Monday, March 22 Orlando 109, Philadelphia 93 the oddsmakers were way off on this one and they underestimated the intelligence of the public majority the game opened at -6.5 Magic and closed at -8.5 Magic which was still nowhere in the ballpark cause I had the Magic capped at -15 so the result was the books took it in the ass big time