jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Larges and Smallest Over / Under Plays

I have tracked this (not a ton I will mind you), but it seems to be profitable by betting OVER the lowest total of the day and betting UNDER the biggest total of the day in a 3 game chase...so you would lose 7 units on 1 series loss...

I have tracked it the 2nd half of this NBA season and NCAA BB season, and it has proven to be profitable...

Any thoughts on if this would work long term?

tavinator13
    tavinator13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jolmscheid View Post
    I have tracked this (not a ton I will mind you), but it seems to be profitable by betting OVER the lowest total of the day and betting UNDER the biggest total of the day in a 3 game chase...so you would lose 7 units on 1 series loss...

I have tracked it the 2nd half of this NBA season and NCAA BB season, and it has proven to be profitable...

Kind of thinking not a profitable strategy in the long run as the games as a whole have no real statistical relationship between them. In other words this strategy is betting on the sample outliers of each night's games, but these outliers of each sample (the highest and lowest totals of each night) are capped on an individual basis so they can't statistically be grouped together if that makes sense. Just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jolmscheid View Post

Even disregarding the chase element (which is a long term loser in itself), this strategy has no logic behind it at all, as you're arbitrarily assigning value to a game based on what other games are on the board.

You need to do some reading in the Think Tank.

SolidDala
    SolidDala's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Think Tank is the place to start reading. Read some of Ganchrow's old threads they are worth gold! Since 99% of all systems out there is based on previous trends and data, 99% of them will not be profitable in the long run.