Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Riley coming back to coach Heat?

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    MIAMI -- Miami Heat coach Stan Van Gundy is resigning today, citing personal family reasons.

A team official spoke on condition of anonymity because the decision hasn't been revealed publicly. The source told The Associated Press that Van Gundy's decision would be announced later this morning.

Van Gundy led the team to the best record in the Eastern Conference a season ago.

It's not clear who would replace him, but there are indications that former Heat coach Pat Riley could return to the sideline. Riley named Van Gundy as his successor a little more than two years ago.

The Heat are 11-10 this season. Shaquille O'Neal returned Sunday night in an OT win against the Wizards after missing 18 games with a sprained ankle.

Miami leads the Southeast Division by two games over Orlando and Washington.
    Also watching Mike and Mike, and hearing that it is almost certain that Riley is coming back to the bench.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Riley finaly got what he was pushing for sense the end of last season. and, now that shaq's back. Riley is gonna reep all the benifits of that 50+ win team

i'd love to see miami finish dead last. but, we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep, it looks like he's gonna get his wish.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

GO HEAT! and boy does Pat have The Heat on him only option there is he better win after all thats been done.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I hope Riley pisses D.Wade off, and he wants out. I dont think all the players are going to like playing for Riley. Should be interesting to see the progress of this.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i predict massive amounts bet on the heat in the next few weeks by the public as a whole

will be interesting how the opening lines look

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by goldengoat
    i predict massive amounts bet on the heat in the next few weeks by the public as a whole

will be interesting how the opening lines look
    Even more so since Shaq is coming back. The Heat will a great team to fade.

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

what do u think about betting on the heat tomorrow -4 @ bulls

Illusion

Haven't really looked at the game in depth yet, but I would probably take the Bulls.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

riles was known for teaching the D in his post Laker career so give the under some consideration in the next few days before the lines adjust

j will and antoine are not known for their D so that throws a bit of monkey in the wrench

also how fast could he make a difference in a small period of time?

expect shaq to get fed the ball a lot and chi will have to collapse big time cause they got nothing to stop him so if the heat can hit their 3's then the bulls are gonna bite the dust

bulls will try to run and force turnovers

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Is there any doubt that Riley forced him out...Riley's been salivating at the idea of returning.