Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

76ers to win the Eastern Conference +725

Not the odds I was looking for, and wasn't gonna bet future because of COVID, but if these guys all stay in their bubble hopefully we'll be fine.

200 on it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good luck kid

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

kid

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

League source confirms coach Brett Brown is on the hotseat. 76ers are considering moving on from him if another lackluster playoff run occurs.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Another 76ers trade chatter Nugget. Philly will listen to trade offers on Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons this off-season. Real chance the duo is broken up.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Terrible bet

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Philly's backcourt is very weak, their team 3-point shooting is too inconsistent, and they have no bench.

Cannot win the East with those factors holding them back.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

Won’t happen

tho I am open to bucks losing

IBetYou

There this other Cameroonian called Siakam. He's better than Embiid and he has a better supporting cast.
    Points Awarded:

eastvan09 gave IBetYou 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

eastvan09
    eastvan09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1728

I don't have a good read on the 76ers. I wonder if they will "figure it out" in the playoffs.

I'm on the Raptors. I sprinkled a tiny bit on the Raptors pre-season at +2000. Before the bubble I made a decent bet on the Raptors +750.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Simmons left the game today with a knee injury

thomorino

Simmons has dislocated knee cap out indefinitely

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Simmons has dislocated knee cap out indefinitely
    76ers can win a playoff series or maybe two without him but if no Simmons they are not winning the East

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    76ers can win a playoff series or maybe two without him but if no Simmons they are not winning the East
    Milton was playing well before Simmons came back, I think philly will play well in the short term, they can’t beat the top teams in the east without Simmons though.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

I think you guys are forgetting just how bad this team is away from home. Without simmons, no shot to win the East. Even with him, teams like Miami and Boston will dissect them. Brett brown will get fired too. He’s clueless with how to use his guys.

johnnyvegas13

Guys it doesn’t sound like Simmons is return soon

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Guys it doesn’t sound like Simmons is return soon
    I think GOAT was one of the loudest voices (and many of us agreed) that futures for any of these sports is tricky but at least NBA has the bubble. He knows the risks.

Good Luck GOAT, I thought you might be a Celtics fan here, but 76ers living up to potential is certainly nothing to shake a stick at.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Another 76ers trade chatter Nugget. Philly will listen to trade offers on Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons this off-season. Real chance the duo is broken up.
    This kind of feels like the CP3 and Blake Griffin experiment. They can get you wins and probably a top 3 seed going into playoffs, but they aren’t going to win you a championship. At some point you got to move on.

I would keep Embiid, until Simmons gets a jumpshot he won’t be elite.

IBetYou

Yeah, keep Embiid. I don't like Simmons at all. Arrogant & soft imo. He got the Aussies NT coach fired without playing a single game for them lol.

Embiid is immature too but basketball wise he's ready to win now.

Eddy Munny

Sixers are a one and done playoff team with or without Simmons.

They are not beating Celtics 4 out of 7.

I don't understand how Goatboy can call the Raptors a mickey mouse team and then pick a flimsy squad like Philly to take the conference. The Sixers would struggle with any team in the East outside of the Nets.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I think GOAT was one of the loudest voices (and many of us agreed) that futures for any of these sports is tricky but at least NBA has the bubble. He knows the risks.

Good Luck GOAT, I thought you might be a Celtics fan here, but 76ers living up to potential is certainly nothing to shake a stick at.

Thanks, yeah that's why I only put a couple hundred on it. The COVID uncertainty of who might catch it, and now we're seeing guys get banged up because they've been out for so long.

The favorite to win the east to me has always been the Bucks but there's no point at that price -- I think if Simmons comes back Philly will give them a run for their money.

I know you like Boston but I think they're missing a physical presence and toughness on that team that I just don't see.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Sixers are a one and done playoff team with or without Simmons.

They are not beating Celtics 4 out of 7.

I don't understand how Goatboy can call the Raptors a mickey mouse team and then pick a flimsy squad like Philly to take the conference. The Sixers would struggle with any team in the East outside of the Nets.
    Raptors best player the past few months prior to the bubble has been Vanvleet.

Enough said.

They aren't good.

They were literally carried by Kawhi. He carried all those bums on his back bailing them out game after game. Who's gonna do that now? Fat boy Lowry? Goodnight.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I think you guys are forgetting just how bad this team is away from home. Without simmons, no shot to win the East. Even with him, teams like Miami and Boston will dissect them. Brett brown will get fired too. He’s clueless with how to use his guys.
    Yeah Simmons going down makes this bet a loss for sure. No way to replace what he does. He's a 6'11 PG. As much as people rag on him in here, he's 20 10 and 10 the playoffs this year if healthy and over 50% shooting.

Not to mention 1st team All NBA defense.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Yeah Simmons going down makes this bet a loss for sure. No way to replace what he does. He's a 6'11 PG. As much as people rag on him in here, he's 20 10 and 10 the playoffs this year if healthy and over 50% shooting.

Not to mention 1st team All NBA defense.
    he doesn't shoot the ball

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    he doesn't shoot the ball
    Too many people talk too much about shooting. Ben Simmons doesn't need to shoot to impact the game. Neither does Giannis. I've barely ever seen Giannis take a midrange jumper, let alone 3s, which he's horrible at. Still a top 5 player in the world and unstoppable.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Phila does not have their full roster there a bottom five team

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If Phila does not have their full roster there a bottom five team
    Which team is good without a full roster?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Which team will even have a full roster?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

GOAT, passing this on for you in case you haven't seen it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Make sure poster GOATMILK sees this     find a more str8 to the heart and personal compilation than this masterpiece    

johnnyvegas13

Who else could win east

celts ?

raps ?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Celts with a lot of go to guys. I think they are least fragile to losing a big player.

I think.

lol

thomorino

The best value in the East is Boston at 6-1, and it’s not close. Walkers knees still is an issue though so it’s not worth a big bet. Tatum is Boston’s best player but without Walker at close to 100 percent they are don’t and his knee has been an issue for a while.

Walker is 30 and undersized players like him usually start having in injury issues at this point in their careers, isiah Thomas with Detroit, iverson, Kyrie.

Eddy Munny

Raptors best player the past few months prior to the bubble has been Vanvleet.

Enough said.

They aren't good.

They were literally carried by Kawhi. He carried all those bums on his back bailing them out game after game. Who's gonna do that now? Fat boy Lowry? Goodnight.
    Who cares? I'm not picking the Raptors to win the East, I'm just saying they're a helluva lot better than the Sixers. Like I said, I wouldn't trust Philly to win a series against anyone in the conference. Simmons is overrated even when he's healthy. They have one bona fide star and it's Embiid, but centers don't win championships in this league anymore.

You can crap on VanVleet all you want, but the Sixers would kill to have a guy like him in their backcourt. Their guard play is invisible. I really haven't seen you make any compelling case for Philly whatsoever. It just seems like you're heaving up a halfcourt shot for the generous payout. This team is sad.

thomorino

Who cares? I'm not picking the Raptors to win the East, I'm just saying they're a helluva lot better than the Sixers. Like I said, I wouldn't trust Philly to win a series against anyone in the conference. Simmons is overrated even when he's healthy. They have one bona fide star and it's Embiid, but centers don't win championships in this league anymore.

You can crap on VanVleet all you want, but the Sixers would kill to have a guy like him in their backcourt. Their guard play is invisible. I really haven't seen you make any compelling case for Philly whatsoever. It just seems like you're heaving up a halfcourt shot for the generous payout. This team is sad.
    Agree that’s why I’m looking to bet on philly with Simmons out. Brett brown I think will show that he can coach now too that he has more flexibility. Milton emerging means they don’t have to give Neto major minutes too.

Goat Milk

Kawhi single handedly beat the Sixers last year on a game 7 buzzer beater. Raptors can dive for loose balls all they want, without Kawhi bringing them back game after game, let's see how they do.

12 Last