anuper86
    anuper86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

confirmed WINNING STRATEGY in NBA

i know this is the wrong thread and wrong time of season to be making this post, but maybe it will help you guys for the rest of the finals in the NBA and i just wanna share it really quickly...

I just came across a proven statistic game by game on paper that for the past 4 years in the NBA, whichever team covers the first half, will ALSO cover the second half bet between 66-69% of the times over the past 4 years.

I'm sure that is mainly due to the fact that only losing bettors of the first half will try and salvage their losses on the same team at a better line in the second half. Usually winners of first half will not bet on the same team at a higher line, because they figure they already have money in the bank.

ApathyXnext
    ApathyXnext's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have the last 7 NBA and college basketball seasons archived with halftime scores and second half lines and you are completely wrong. In both college basketball and NBA the team that covers the first half covers the second half 50% of the time, and books get "middled" 24% of the time.

ApathyXnext
    ApathyXnext's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is not true, I have the last 7 NBA and college basketball seasons archived on my computer with second half scores and lines and it is 50/50 that the team that covers the first half covers the second, and books get "middled" 24% of the time in both sports.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Quote Originally Posted by ApathyXnext View Post
    This is not true, I have the last 7 NBA and college basketball seasons archived on my computer with second half scores and lines and it is 50/50 that the team that covers the first half covers the second, and books get "middled" 24% of the time in both sports.
    Apathy,
    Do you also have the first half lines in your archived files?

Wojo

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Get it done boys

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by anuper86 View Post
    i know this is the wrong thread and wrong time of season to be making this post, but maybe it will help you guys for the rest of the finals in the NBA and i just wanna share it really quickly...

I just came across a proven statistic game by game on paper that for the past 4 years in the NBA, whichever team covers the first half, will ALSO cover the second half bet between 66-69% of the times over the past 4 years.

I'm sure that is mainly due to the fact that only losing bettors of the first half will try and salvage their losses on the same team at a better line in the second half. Usually winners of first half will not bet on the same team at a higher line, because they figure they already have money in the bank.
    You need to take a course in reading comprehension, crackhead. The stat isn't to take the winner of the 1st half in the 2nd half. It is to take the loser of the first half in the 3rd quarter. The loser of the first half wins the 3rd quarter some unbelivably high %, I don't remember it exactly but I think it is > 70%.

Put down the crackpipe and pick up some books.

doubledime
    doubledime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8876

[quote=curious;4925231] You need to take a course in reading comprehension, crackhead. The stat isn't to take the winner of the 1st half in the 2nd half. It is to take the loser of the first half in the 3rd quarter. The loser of the first half wins the 3rd quarter some unbelivably high %, I don't remember it exactly but I think it is > 70%. Put down the crackpipe and pick up some books.[/quote/]

Hey Curious, Does you book allow you to play the third quarter after the first half is finished, and if so what book is that? Thanks

curious

[QUOTE=doubledime;4926067]
    Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    You need to take a course in reading comprehension, crackhead. The stat isn't to take the winner of the 1st half in the 2nd half. It is to take the loser of the first half in the 3rd quarter. The loser of the first half wins the 3rd quarter some unbelivably high %, I don't remember it exactly but I think it is > 70%. Put down the crackpipe and pick up some books.[/quote/]

Hey Curious, Does you book allow you to play the third quarter after the first half is finished, and if so what book is that? Thanks
    You can only play the 3rd Q after the first half is finished. Every book has this play.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Are you sure you know what you're talking about, Curious?

curious

Quote Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
    Are you sure you know what you're talking about, Curious?
    What the ****? I've been sports betting full time since 2007 crackhead.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

crackhead

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Funny thread...A good laugh...4 stars!

curious

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    Funny thread...A good laugh...4 stars!
    I get it, you crackheads set me up. Ha ha.

doubledime

Curious, it could be your avatar. I know your a numbers guy, so have you back tested the NBA first half/3rd quarter system? Thanks

iversatile45
    iversatile45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

money

bigugly

You can only play the 3rd Q after the first half is finished. Every book has this play.
    This simply isn't true.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by doubledime View Post
    Curious, it could be your avatar. I know your a numbers guy, so have you back tested the NBA first half/3rd quarter system? Thanks
    My avatar is a picture of me. Are you saying I am too handsome for these crackheads?

We ran a season long thread last year (or was it the year before?) and live tested the 1st half / 3rd quarter strategy. I think it was the whole season. I went to Vegas last year to play the NBA strategy without the drama of getting paid by the offshore theives, so I can't remember if I posted all those plays on here. I know I posted a lot of them. It hit at > 80%. We added a twist to it. If the 3rd Q bet lost, then we doubled up and took the 4th Q. That hit at > 95%. There were 2 teams that were in total shambles that we filtered out of this play. I forget which teams they were. Washington and Clippers maybe, I don't really remember, but we had a season long thread where we tracked these plays.

Another poster that I trust told us about the 1st H / 3rd Q system, he had already back tested it.

There is a long thread in the NBA forum where all of this is discussed ad nauseum.

curious

This simply isn't true.
    Well then I guess I was dreaming when I was living in Vegas last year and making 3rd Q bets after the 1st Half ended every day of the freaking season.

Go away crackhead you are starting to bother me.

doubledime

I hope it is true based on those numbers. I just checked the WNBA and my book, BetMania, did not have the 3rd quarter, but that was, as I said the WNBA. Will have to check after the 1st half on the Lakers game. Thanks again

bigugly

Well then I guess I was dreaming when I was living in Vegas last year and making 3rd Q bets after the 1st Half ended every day of the freaking season.

Go away crackhead you are starting to bother me.
    You said you could ONLY make a 3rd quarter bet after the first half.

doubledime

Just checked and Betmainia does not have 3rd quarter betting after the 1st half is over.

curious

Just checked and Betmainia does not have 3rd quarter betting after the 1st half is over.
    maybe you should check with some real books instead of these half azzed books.

i'm done with this stupidity and i'm putting you idiots on block.

the 3rd q play on the loser of the 1st half hits at > 70%. get up off your mother's couch and do some research and find a book that offers that play or don't, not my problem but stop whining about it to me.

god where are these crackheads coming from?

curious

You said you could ONLY make a 3rd quarter bet after the first half.
    i'm putting your stupid azz on block, i'm done with this stupidity

doubledime

WTF that must be your picture. Actually I thought you were a fairly sharp guy from some of your other posts, but to call everyone a "crack head" and spew all the other dribble, I'm glad you're done. When you want to contribute feel free to join us again. BOL my friend.

Last edited by doubledime; 06-06-10 at 10:11 PM.

curious

WTF that must be your picture. Actually I thought you were a fairly sharp guy from some of your other posts, but to call everyone a "crack head" and spew all the other dribble, I'm glad your done. When you want to contribute feel free to join us again. BOL my friend.

I said that's my picture. Multiple times. I'm proud of how I look. And I call everyone crackhead. So take some prozac.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

@curious,

When you say "loser of the first half"....you mean in terms of spread or straight up?

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I for one, am glad that Curious is back.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm so confused right now I really don't get this thread....
    :confused:

tonyp0387
    tonyp0387's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Quote Originally Posted by anuper86 View Post

Is this a joke?? 66 to 69%

curious

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    @curious,

When you say "loser of the first half"....you mean in terms of spread or straight up?
    <sigh> If you are an NBA player and you look up at the score board at the end of the first half do you think to yourself "well we covered the spread so we didn't lose the first half"?

NOOOO you don't.

Straight up.

and when you play the 3rd Q you play favs on the ML and take dogs + the points

curious

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
    I'm so confused right now I really don't get this thread....
    :confused:
    what is there to get? Some idiot tried to say that he found a system based on the "fact" that 66% of the winners of the first half also win the 2nd half.

That is NOT true. Absolute BS.

So, I said that he probably got his facts confused with a strategy that does work.

The strategy is: The loser of the first half wins the 3Q a very high % of the time, > 70%. This has been both back tested and live tested.

You take the loser of the 1st half for the 3Q, you take favs on the money line, you take dogs + the points. Couldn't be simpler.

Then a couple of crackheads said that books don't offer the 3rd Q bet after the half. Which is total nonsense because how in the freak would they know how to set the line for the 3Q bet if the first half has not finished? So ignore those crackheads.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

and when you play the 3rd Q you play favs on the ML and take dogs + the points
    WTF...you play on the ML???.....well it makes sense now on how you achieve that 70%. The break even percentage will be lot higher if you bet on ML...so 70% is not that great a number.

bigugly

Curious is an ignorant and arrogant tard. He likes to call names, and spew crap, but can't take any kind of criticism. Can't admit he's wrong. Sadly I think he's an old fart with no friends and no life.

bigugly

I can hit 90% on heavy tennis favorites.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    WTF...you play on the ML???.....well it makes sense now on how you achieve that 70%. The break even percentage will be lot higher if you bet on ML...so 70% is not that great a number.
    The stat is that the losers of the first half win the 3rd Q > 70% of the time. Not sure what the line has to do with that. If you can't make money on something that wins more than 70% of the time then you have big problems.

Playing the favs on the ML and the dogs + the points raises the win ratio much more than 70%. We also added the twist that if the 3rd Q play loses we double up on the 4Q. That pushed the win ratio beyond 80%.

1234 Last