sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Summer League at Sosa's Spot

Welcome to Sosa's spot my good friends. Grab a iced cold beer from the fridge & take your seat at the roundtable of discussion for all things relating to the 2019 NBA summer league competition in Las Vegas.

I'll use this thread as a personal tracker for any cash plays I have & I also wanna encourage any discussion about players, teams or anything like that here as well. If you got something to chime in with then say it with your chest buddy.

Dont know how much Im gonna bet yet thats TBD since its kind of a unique thing to build a system around. Its basically a high level form of pick up basketball to be honest. Theres really not many angles & its impossible to predict coaching patterns. But I know a majority of these players on the rosters & I know their game. Shit Ive played against a few of em. Its most important to recognize that these guys are gonna be fighting each other to make their dreams come true. Thats why I love this event. Its a battle Royale for final roster spots. Effort & motivation will never be a problem.

Vegas event starts on Friday but there is still a few games tomorrow that are wrapping up the California version. I might play those I might not. Its been tough trying to get information about starters & who's sitting out. We'll see though. Thanks for reading

sosawestbrook

California Classic

Warriors +2.5 -113 / 56.50 to win 50

better roster getting the points here. Warriors struggled first 2 games but they easily have the deepest collection of talent amongst the California summer league teams. they are not gonna leave for Vegas losing all 3 games in California. if you are a fan of the game then you must tune in to watch Jordan Poole & Tyler Herro go at it today. those 2 have impressed me so far & look like dynamic players that will have immediate impact in the league.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    California Classic

Warriors +2.5 -113 / 56.50 to win 50

better roster getting the points here. Warriors struggled first 2 games but they easily have the deepest collection of talent amongst the California summer league teams. they are not gonna leave for Vegas losing all 3 games in California. if you are a fan of the game then you must tune in to watch Jordan Poole & Tyler Herro go at it today. those 2 have impressed me so far & look like dynamic players that will have immediate impact in the league.
    Warriors shit the bed 3 straight games. Boy was I wrong about this team. Tyler Herro put these chumps to bed. That kid is nice FOR REAL. Btw how do you rest your 3 best players when you haven't won a game yet? Rest for what? Thats dumb as hell. No more games for me today. Ill wait for the real deal this weekend.

0-1, -0.57u

sosawestbrook

Absolutely PACKED & star studded crowd for Zion first game. Pels vs Knicks. It’s gonna be a show.

sosawestbrook

Met Danny last night. He said this is my city. Whatever you need I got you. Just gave him a call. He locked us in with the Spurs -4 at even money. Also guaranteed me a bag of the finest kush when we make it back to the boulevard. My man.

First Vegas play

Spurs -4 $50

sosawestbrook

Young Sosa is always the first to rise. Always. Does not matter what city or time zone we are in. The tug of war between doing what I want to do versus what I should be doing simply exists no longer. I have claimed victory in that battle and as a result, my level of discipline has evolved to the next level. I am inching closer to my complete form. First move of the day is to skate down to the boulevard & search for an open smoothie spot. The books don’t open til 8 so that will give us plenty of time to fuel up, study the action & sneak a couple hitters in for the day. Then we’ll make our way back to the headquarters & see if the gang is ready for breakfast. Last day in the city of sin. As I write this facing into the sunrise with an utmost feeling of tranquility, I think, how ironic? To find peace in the madness of Sin City? This must be how Tony felt in that Miami mansion. Happy Saturday to everybody. See you in a bit.

sosawestbrook

Last night’s game was canceled & refunded due to the circumstances. Still feels kinda weird to say there was a earthquake. I had no clue. So today will be the official kickoff to my Vegas summer league action. Let’s get it.

Vegas Day Two Starter Pack

Blazers -3 $100
    Celtics/76ers O173.5 $50
    Pacers/Grizzlies O169.5 $50

sosawestbrook

Shook hands with future ROY Ja Morant. Ready to get down on the dice now with this magic touch in my right hand.

Vegas Day Two Extra Picks

Mavs +3 $50
    Pels +1 $50

sosawestbrook

Vegas Day Two Nightcap

Warriors PK $50

sosawestbrook

Young Sosa stood in the middle of the Caesar's palace, pondering the thought of an "all in" type bet before his trip across state gambling lines back to the home compound. Reached in my left pocket, baseball money. Reached in my right pocket, summer league money. Reached in my back pockets, Masvidal money & a peppermint candy. A quick, lazy count of the total monies determined the profit was of decent proportion. Shall we lay the total amount for one last trip to the window? One final hit of the finest drug on earth? With a grin on his face & the monies gripped tight in his right hand, Sosa denied the sinister urge and escaped the confines of the sports book. Walking out of the hotel with a confident stride, he realized this battle against the evil energies of temptation was unavoidable. It was a test. A test against himself. He needed the mind, heart & soul to finally align with the same vision for a rebirth of the self construct. The result was evolution into his final form: SOSA SUPER SAIYAN.

sosawestbrook

Tyler Herro is a star.

Heat -3.5 $50

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

How is your betting record? What you looking at for today?

sosawestbrook

Vegas Day Four

Pacers +4.5 $50
    Pacers/Pistons U172.5 $50

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    How is your betting record? What you looking at for today?
    5-3 so far & just posted today's slate with a couple more potentially tonight.

jolyolyolyman
    jolyolyolyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2144

Any thoughts on the Celtics Cavs game tonight? I kind of like the Celtic’s roster with Carsen Edwards, Tremont Waters, Grant Williams, and Tacko Fall.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by jolyolyolyman View Post
    Any thoughts on the Celtics Cavs game tonight? I kind of like the Celtic’s roster with Carsen Edwards, Tremont Waters, Grant Williams, and Tacko Fall.
    I like that team too. Especially with them starting Carsen AND Tremont together. Those guys really push the pace & are 2 of the better shot creators in summer league competition. Cavs got some talent on their roster too but still a lot of questions about who's playing & who's not. Its been tough trying to find answers to those questions because its not directly released to media outlets.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I took Detroit -4 at home as they seem to be the strongest team so far from the number crunching..

So far so good.. See if it sticks..https://www.espn.com/nba-summer-leag...mmer-las-vegas

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

5-3 so far & just posted today's slate with a couple more potentially tonight.
    5-3 will work depending on odds and if you didn't play the - money lines in those wins.. Winning is winning keep it up pal!!

sosawestbrook

no home teams here this is neutral court matchups in Las Vegas.

Pistons are a good team thats been playing tough D. Pacers gave em way too many easy buckets in transition which killed the under & put the game out of reach.

Every bet with the exception of the first one has been for even odds. I'll count up the numbers tonight.

sosawestbrook

Vegas Day Four Additions

Spurs -3 $50
    Pels -2 $50

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

no home teams here this is neutral court matchups in Las Vegas.

Pistons are a good team thats been playing tough D. Pacers gave em way too many easy buckets in transition which killed the under & put the game out of reach.

Every bet with the exception of the first one has been for even odds. I'll count up the numbers tonight.
    True, I missed that.. I just looked into the summer league today.. Forgive.. Rookie here.. Just crunching numbers and stats that's it.

sosawestbrook

True, I missed that.. I just looked into the summer league today.. Forgive.. Rookie here.. Just crunching numbers and stats that's it.
    yeah honestly you are in good position though because you can bank on recency more then anything here. Teams that play well early on tend to carry that trend throughout the tournament historically. Guys like me will still prioritize talent because of how familiar I am with these players and their game which has def not worked to my advantage thus far. good luck my friend, this is one of the more enjoyable events to bet in my opinion

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ thanks took the Celtics next.. They looked good on paper... We'll see very early in the game so far..

Do you think most of these summer league teams could beat the college final 4 teams of recent past? I always wondered that?

sosawestbrook

^ thanks took the Celtics next.. They looked good on paper... We'll see very early in the game so far..

Do you think most of these summer league teams could beat the college final 4 teams of recent past? I always wondered that?
    Nah. In my opinion these summer league squads would get wrecked against a team like Virginia, Auburn or Texas Tech. Basketball is a game of fluidity and movement. These teams haven't had enough time together to build the proper chemistry to compete against the top college teams who are way more structured. Still sloppy basketball being played so far outside of the high level players

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Nah. In my opinion these summer league squads would get wrecked against a team like Virginia, Auburn or Texas Tech. Basketball is a game of fluidity and movement. These teams haven't had enough time together to build the proper chemistry to compete against the top college teams who are way more structured. Still sloppy basketball being played so far outside of the high level players
    These are grown men though out of college playing in the summer league and not complete stiffs.. Still I agree with your assessment...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The Spurs just got outscored 31-10 in the 4th...

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The Spurs just got outscored 31-10 in the 4th...

yikes. tuned in right when they gave the ball up on that flagrant foul. got lucky to push. that was a ugly finish to say the least.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^I'm on the Celtics and the Cavs are on the move in this 4th quarter too. Hoping the Celtics hold on here and cover.. Gave up a big lead..

https://www.espn.com/nba-summer-leag...mmer-las-vegas

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm gonna try the Golden State Warriors over the LAKERS in this last game.. Numbers tell me this is the play.. I'm 2-0 on the day.. Let's see if this can hit now.. I'm not jacking your thread Brook just having fun betting this summer league crap today so far.

https://www.espn.com/nba-summer-leag...mmer-las-vegas

Pending7/8/19 11:30pm NBA Summer Basketball 539 Golden State Warriors -2½ -110* vs Los Angeles Lakers

sosawestbrook

Vegas Day Four Nightcap

China +24 $50
    Warriors -2 $50

sosawestbrook

all good Jibs. I wanted this to be a involved discussion. welcome to the party
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

sosawestbrook

my dawg Nickeil Alexander-Walker. damn. that kid can hoop.

gonna post a list of top performers so far. along with a little breakdown of their game & what not.

stay tuned.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Vegas Day Four Nightcap

China +24 $50
    Warriors -2 $50
    These picks are looking good so far.. Good work if both continue to hold up... https://www.espn.com/nba-summer-league/scoreboard

sosawestbrook

good work today Jibs.

record now stands at 8-5.

+$79 / +0.79u

jolyolyolyman
    jolyolyolyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2144

Miami Heat have some scorers on their summer league roster and could roll. Need to find out if Mo Bamba is suiting up for the Magic. Guy seems like a difference maker.

1234 ... Last