SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

Raptors vs Sixers, anyone dare to pick a side?

two teams that are both inconsistent.. which team shows up today? i personally dont like playing this series because of said reason...

good luck...... might just pass on this one unless someone can convince me otherwise....

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Sixers get Scott back I think. I'm taking Raptors regardless. Philly guy Lowry is much better on the road.

SmokingKing

i was thinking rap win but if they lose tonight then we get better value on them gm4. this is a sit back and watch game for me. whoever wins gm3 i will fade them next game. gl

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

Quote Originally Posted by SmokingKing View Post
    i was thinking rap win but if they lose tonight then we get better value on them gm4. this is a sit back and watch game for me. whoever wins gm3 i will fade them next game. gl
    Pronto.

europe_baller
    europe_baller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

I like philly here.. even though kawhai is a stud before playoffs i could see philla upsetting raps.. They have too many good players..JJ will hit at home and embiid will be better, they will feed of crowd and win this one.. At least thats how I see it.. I am not doing great at the moment though

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Think folks forget Philly has the best starting 5 left in the playoffs. When it comes down to it, if they play to the level they should those 5 are a terror. It’s always about who has the better players when you talk about series like these. If Kawhi does Kawhi with no fight from Butler, Ben & Embiid then it’s a wrap.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Sixers desperately need shooting. Mike Scott really makes a difference because of that. I think I will need to know his status before picking a side.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19480

Over 217

SmokingKing

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Think folks forget Philly has the best starting 5 left in the playoffs. When it comes down to it, if they play to the level they should those 5 are a terror. It’s always about who has the better players when you talk about series like these. If Kawhi does Kawhi with no fight from Butler, Ben & Embiid then it’s a wrap.
    2nd best to me behind Warriors otherwise coulnt agree more. having a good starting 5 is wonderful but i think the bench depth is a little lacking from those two which makes them and specifically Golden St a bit vulnerable this season. this is where houston and boston come in. raptors bench isnt bad as well but better than sixers who lost some decent bench players for a better starting 5.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Raptors' bench has been terrible too. Fred Van Fleet has been a complete no show

SmokingKing

yeah raptors bench is nothing special either lol.

IBetYou

Raptors have the 2nd best starting 5. Leonard is better than Embiid & Simmons & Butler put together.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Raptors have the 2nd best starting 5. Leonard is better than Embiid & Simmons & Butler put together.
    Not gonna lie I’m watching Leonard play live right now for the first time all playoffs & when he did that left hand jam my first thought was “damn that was something Jordan would do”

Guy is next level

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19480

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Over 217
    Well, that was phucked.
    End of 3, they scored 170, just need 48.
    Toronto scores 5 points in 7 minutes, 14 for the quarter. Ambling Gods are against me, lately.

europe_baller

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    we agree to disagree even though he is a stud.. I didnt trust this raps team before the playoffs and still dont trust them.. lowry is bad, and who would you rather have taking wide open 3, siakam or harris, butler .. embiid feeds off the crowd at home..he was monster..at this stage in his career gasol is no match for him..powell, ibaka... reddick has always been money..its going to be really tough for raps to win in Philly but this series still wide open..

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by europe_baller View Post
    we agree to disagree even though he is a stud.. I didnt trust this raps team before the playoffs and still dont trust them.. lowry is bad, and who would you rather have taking wide open 3, siakam or harris, butler .. embiid feeds off the crowd at home..he was monster..at this stage in his career gasol is no match for him..powell, ibaka... reddick has always been money..its going to be really tough for raps to win in Philly but this series still wide open..
    I take it back! Lowry & Vanvleet are the story of this series. Raptors have Lin on the bench -possible he enters the fray for game 4, but realistically Raptors need Lowry to bounce back or this will be a quick series.

IBetYou

Embiid's total domination of Gasol in game 3 is an outlier for sure. Lowry's game 3 performance is more a pattern, so he's the key imo.

europe_baller

Haha ok we agree there.. yeah Lowry is good on other aspects of the game but he is non threat on offense..no confidence or anything..They need him to score and FVV is like you said alsooo pretty quiet..

IBetYou

Who's your pick to win the East europe_baller? I had felt the Sixers were the 3rd best team late in the season, but Butler's play along with 2nd unit alterations have them a different team...

europe_baller

I thought celtics - sixers finals and in that matchups would probably go with celtics in like 7 or so..bucks are tough though even though I see how Boston can make it tough on them..Might have to side with Celtics even though it is very tough.. You?

IBetYou

I thought Raptors, Celtics, Sixers, Bucks initially. All of the teams flawed one way or another. Bucks miss Brogdon, Celtics miss Smart, and Raptors miss Anunoby (lack of size glaring vs the BIG Sixers). I'll stick with my initial ranking for now

IBetYou

btw I think it will be McCaw rather than Lin that enters the rotation next game, while Vanvleet sits out. That will be their big adjustment. More defense.