NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Now can we fire Billy Donovan...

Thunder blow a 15 point lead with 7 mins left in the game..that's all coaching...this is who Billy Donovan is...

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

Not coaching thats all gambling

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

how long has he been there, totally wrong coach for westbrook. russ needs someone he respects only way his game gonna even remotely change

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Idk what coach Billy is supposed to do about Portland 2 best players outperforming their 2 best players in crunch time. Or OKC bigs getting killed on the glass & allowing second chance pts to a team that’s scorching hot.

This one is all on OKC players.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

no way russ would play the exact same if Pop was his coach just would never happen. russ might end up teaming with other stars in a little while away from okc he'll prob have a hard time getting guys to come there once paul leaves

sosawestbrook

As long as Russ feels like “big bro” that’s how he will act. KD, PG those guys are not alpha personalities that demand the ball. KD maybe now cuz he’s next level after a couple rings but not during his time w/ OKC. I guess a coach could fill that role but I would think it’s different when you are caught up in the emotions of the game like Russ is. Until he gets “lil bro’d” its gonna be same old same old.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16186

He's the coach the Sam Presti wanted him to be. A roosterlicker, walking on egg shells, bowing to the great triple double man haha ;/

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I’ve been saying this for a few years now. He isn’t the right guy.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

You may be right, but at the end of the day, Donnavan didn't blow that 15 point lead. The players did. Players win and lose games, not coaches. If coaches won games, then there would be plenty of coaches who would have rings. Some legendary coaches who coached 25 years in the league don't have a ring, because they never had the players.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

CJ McCollum was in foul trouble the entire first half and Lilliard single handedly kept Portland in the game.

Does Billy double him or force anyone else to beat OKC? Nope. He just lets him drain shot after shot.

OKC went small in the 4th and built a lead. Up 15 points does Billy Put Adams back in the game? Nope. Adams never comes back in. OKC has no rim protection. Portland starts getting easy shots at the rim and comes back.

The players don’t listen to Donovan.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    CJ McCollum was in foul trouble the entire first half and Lilliard single handedly kept Portland in the game.

Does Billy double him or force anyone else to beat OKC? Nope. He just lets him drain shot after shot.

OKC went small in the 4th and built a lead. Up 15 points does Billy Put Adams back in the game? Nope. Adams never comes back in. OKC has no rim protection. Portland starts getting easy shots at the rim and comes back.

The players don’t listen to Donovan.
    Bro Dame hit tough shot after tough shot. You gotta give him props. No defense in the world was stopping him last night.

Coach Billy can’t afford to play Adams at the end of games because he gets killed in PnR & 1on1 when they switch. He has honestly been terrible defensively all series. Not to mention Kanter killed him on boards every single game.

I’m sure hiring more of a players coach will help but I doubt it resolves deeper issues this team has.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Adams underutilized the entire series. He should dominate against Kanter, after all wasn't it Donovan who said can't play Kanter in the playoffs??

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16186

The disappointing thing for me was that he had Westbrick defending Lillard (or McCollum) from the tip and in crunch time ...madness.

He's lousy coach, but his job was to make Westbrick like him and to get PG to re-sign, and he achieved both of those goals. Now Presti has to decide if he wants the least coached team in pro basketball to maintain the status quo or to evolve at the risk of alienating their leader. I think I know the answer to that...

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9474

He likely wants to get fired. He wants no part of that job. No way he would have taken the job if he didn't think Durant would stay at least a couple years. He probably wanted to quit when Durant bolted, but after quitting on Orlando a few years earlier he probably figured he needed to stay a few seasons at least.

Guy will be back in college some day, just like his former boss, Pitino.