stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Who does Kemba Walker play for next year?

Does he stay put in Charlotte where he will get paid, or does he sign with another team.

That clueless skin flint Dolan has the money, does he open the check book for an elite PG that'll make him an instant playoff contender proving Porzingus is healthy. He's a perfect fit being a Bronx, New York local, the Garden remembers what he did in that Big East tourney where he was a huge part of that UConn five wins in five consecutive nights team (which will never happen again)

Mudlay is a nice PG, but he's not getting you to the promised land, Kemba with his incredible ankle breaking step back jumpers can get you there.

Scott Perry needs to get into the ear of Dolan, the Nets are the talk of the region here right now and the Knicks might become the ugly duckling of New York basketball, Brooklyn is loving right now how the Nets are playing.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Knicks first move is for Durant. Everyone around the league believes if Durant leaves it be for NY. What else can he do for his legacy..stay in golden st and never get the true credit he deserves. Or go to NY and bring the garden a championship. He does that he will be talked upon as one of the best ever.

Heltah Skeltah

Also no need to be so quick on signing kemba..is he good? Hell yes but is he worth a max? Let it play out

stevenash

^
    True

Heltah Skeltah

If I was the Knicks you gotta tank and get a top 2 pick hoping to land Zion. Then hope Porzingus has showed he is back to health. Land Durant for a max contract. You hot a few young guys who showed they can play. Let Durant put on a show and watch him lead you to a playoff run

stevenash

^
    Knox is a player, so is Vonleh and Kornet.
    I kind of like Dotson too, I get all the Nets games on YES, they're fun to watch.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

Nobody is a bigger Kemba fan than I am. I watched almost every single one of his games at Uconn as a season ticket holder. That being said, I wouldn't want him on the Knicks. He's a great scorer but he's not what the Knicks need. Hopefully we can draft RJ Barrett or Zion and attract Durant. Knicks need someone that is more of a true point guard and can distribute the ball on offense and play defense. With Knox, Porzingis, Hardaway, possibly Durant, we don't need scoring.

Heltah Skeltah

If I was the Knicks I try and trade Hardaway at the deadline for some assist going forward. They dont need him going forward

stevenash

^
    Yeah, Hardaway gives you 20 points a game, but nothing else, no assists, no rebounds.......
    I'd like to see more minutes from Dotson.
    Mudlay is not the answer at PG, he's below average among all the other PG's in the league.

I see where Kantner is crying that he's not starting anymore.
    He's got a hot temper, but he gives you a solid effort.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Nobody is a bigger Kemba fan than I am. I watched almost every single one of his games at Uconn as a season ticket holder. That being said, I wouldn't want him on the Knicks. He's a great scorer but he's not what the Knicks need. Hopefully we can draft RJ Barrett or Zion and attract Durant. Knicks need someone that is more of a true point guard and can distribute the ball on offense and play defense. With Knox, Porzingis, Hardaway, possibly Durant, we don't need scoring.
    you are nuts. kemba and kp is a great start. imagine how popular kemba will be in the garden. fans driving down from ct to see him. and you only need to add 1 fa to kemba and kp to be relevant and a playoff team which the knicks havent been for years.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Over the past few months, I thought that there was a legit chance that Kemba Walker leaves the Charlotte Hornets in free agency and signs elsewhere.

While that is still a possibility, him re-signing in Charlotte is looking more and more likely by the day, and that has to be music to the ears of Charlotte Hornets fans, who have grown to love their franchise point guard over the past eight years.

I went to Tokyo to have lunch with Kemba Walker, whose future crystallized when he qualified for the Supermax.

“Oh no question, Charlotte’s definitely my first priority, That’s where I’ve been for 8 years & that’s all I know.”

Walker has been one of the more loyal players in the NBA, but with the Hornets’ lack of success over the years, you couldn’t really blame him if he wanted to leave. However, he seems to be on board with the idea of re-signing in Charlotte, which just says a lot about his character and love for the city of Charlotte.

You just don’t see a whole lot of loyalty from NBA players these days. Multiple stars have forced their way out of situations, and Walker has stuck with the Hornets through thick and thin.

Obviously nothing is set in stone at this point, but I would consider the Hornets likely to re-sign Walker this summer. With that being said, Charlotte must prioritize getting better players around him. It seems that they have been doing their due diligence on the trade market, which is a positive sign.