ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

A thread for the young, really dumb, okay, some naive, members who do not believe

**** I had to edit #1 video to about the very last 12 minute. Start at the 38.27 sec. mark.

I have studied college and NBA videos til my have eyes turned a burnt red. I have witnessed at least 2000 high school, college and NBA games and have kept as a cache, leading to my personal sports prognosticating, deciphering the best players from the rest of the so-called, greatest.
    ________________________________________ ____________________________
    #*@!^ : A reminder to any member wanting to chime in with his different choice; your opinion is disqualified if you do not watch these videos. Take your time and use your best logical decision.
    ________________________________________ ____________________________
    In other words, I am supremely confident I can pick the top 15 basketball players to EVER play basketball. Bar-nun.
    Now, I want to educate the doubters; the way too young and inexperienced members, who simply do not yet have the needed years of accumulation of basketball knowledge, to even try to pick the very best player to ever play. Just forget it!

However, I am going to share with all members--including the ineligibles above I mentioned--and give you the greatest single player of all-time. You can thank me when you age another 20 years.

To be crowned the greatest, the GOAT, that man must blessed with certain intangibles only a very few ever had. I think 7 individual skills are a standard, to be among that top 15.

1. Courage/toughness
    2. Elite basketball skills
    3. A proven winner--without any doubt
    4. One who does the winning things needed in the final minutes of a game, to salvage a win from a all game, considered already a lost cause.
    5. Absolutely no weaknesses are found in this choice, that would ever be considered to be a glaring handicap, leading to him losing games.
    6. This is my number 1, and I see it as the utmost importance; he will have the best-all-around fundamentals/skills/smarts, needed, to not only dominate the basketball game, but to set almost unbeatable NBA records that make take a generation or two to break?
    7. And for this man, he will need a resume of NBA championships. There will be no excuse for not winning an NBA championship.

* A do not ever forget one important aspect of any man's career in basketball. We look at this special basketball player, and judge him only, while/when, he, is or was, playing with near perfect health, and at the same time, meanwhile, dominating the game. Something those "same members" above overlook so very often.

No surprise to a few member's but a shocking surprise to the others, but his initials are....LB.
    ** Two videos that may influence the gullible's above, or, might even convince others to open up those closed minds as to who is the genuine GOAT?

#1 ...
    #2 [48 minutes ].

#1. Go to the 38.28 seconds for this brief very important shorter vid.
    #2.
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 06-21-18 at 12:53 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

"The best? The best? The best? He's the ugliest mothafukka in the NBA!"--Mars Blackmon, She's Gotta Have It
    Last edited by shari91; 06-21-18 at 01:22 PM.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

It's a shame all that research becomes virtually irrelevant when applied to gambling.

But life isn't always sports betting, is it?

Good post Abe.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

The only thing I can guarantee in this thread is.......

ABEHONEST is definitely a white guy as a black guy would never in a million years have Larry Bird as the greatest basketball player of all time.

Larry Bird = GREAT WHITE HOPE
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave BigBusiness 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    "The best? The best? The best? He's the ugliest mothafucka in the NBA!"--Mars Blackmon, She's Gotta Have It
    Disqualified because you are dishonest didn't go by my rules. Typical on SBR.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    The only thing I can guarantee in this thread is.......

ABEHONEST is definitely a white guy as a black guy would never in a million years have Larry Bird as the greatest basketball player of all time.

Larry Bird = GREAT WHITE HOPE
    BB, you are much better as a gambler than you are a mind-reader. You wasted your opinion with a nonsense statement. See, you forget, I have the vast experience of watching and studying basketball and will beat your best choice, even if you, evidently, do not have a better one?
    Give me some food for thought or stop wasting our members time. That goes for all the typical responses we get on SBR. Duh.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    It's a shame all that research becomes virtually irrelevant when applied to gambling.

But life isn't always sports betting, is it?

Good post Abe.
    Thank you, KVB. Are you a Russian agent?

ABEHONEST

Saloon fishing is the best

If you like to fish, always check out the saloon and you just may snag a few whoppers?
    Especially on my threads.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

It's Christmas in - almost - July. This isn't a Saloon thread Abe. I've moved it back to PT and mirrored it in the NBA subforum. Keep it coming with these strolls down memory lane... helps me to remember why I fell in love with the sport way back when
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave shari91 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    It's Christmas in - almost - July. This isn't a Saloon thread Abe. I've moved it back to PT and mirrored it in the NBA subforum. Keep it coming with these strolls down memory lane... helps me to remember why I fell in love with the sport way back when
    Wut? And I thought Shari didn't like me?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Abe, sometimes it's about the post and not the poster.

That said, Shari's opinion (good, bad, whatever) doesn't matter in this instance but if you keep posting like that she's hinting that it will improve each time, even if it is already just fine.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Abraham!!!!

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

I'm not here to argue with you Abe... but I have a question for you. Let's say you are in charge of a 2019 NBA expansion team. We'll call them... the Time Travelers. And you get to pick any NBA player from any era and you get that player at the age of 21(e.g. you could have 21 year old Bird, 21 year old Lebron, 21 year old Jordan, 21 year old Wilt.. etc etc). If all the players cost the same amount of money... who would your first pick be?

ABEHONEST

No problem here.
    Larry Joe was already my #1 pick. Why? Because he had the greatest all-around fundamentals of any big-player, ever. You don't do what Bird could do at 6-9.
    It's hard work and intelligence, but also, non-stop determination.

To beat you to it, I'll pick my #2 greatest, who also had some solid fundamentals.
    With #2 and #1, nobody beats this team out of a NBA championship. This pick, with Bird feeding him, would average 50 plus ppg. A very good start for a #2 all-timer.
    And, this same #2 guy, states--"with today's soft rules under the basket, I might average 60 or more points a game. These rules of today, are certainly soft on players, especially big men, and not even comparable to the rule-restrictions I was hampered with in my era."

#2 also has/had some unbreakable NBA records. That alone tells you he must have been something very special. Hah, our naive youngsters on board said he couldn't keep up with today's big men.

This little guy:

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

"bar-nun"

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Abe do you drink?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chargers4222

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Rules today hamper big men because in general big men cant shoot FT’s

So that rough n tumble era back then benefited Wilt

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Abe Froman!!!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Lmao. I just read way too much of that drivel just to get to you calling Larry bird the best ever?!??? What a waste of fukkin time!!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Is Larry even the greatest white guy ever? I dont think so, Id put Tim Duncan ahead
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jackbo

ABEHONEST

So many pitiful debater's we have on my thread. I mean, does anyone have a clue to what it takes to become The Goat?
    It takes a player, when in his prime, could not be stopped.
    That was Larry Joe, so quit crying about him not being black and do your homework.
    Homework? Watch those friggin' videos you piss-poor sports analyzers.
    Phew-we.

Gosh, if only I can meet a fellow member on here who truly does know his basketball players.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

keep em comin Abers

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Abraham bringing it strong the last few months

Solid contributions

A+ effort

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Every sports fan has their opinion but obviously some are more knowledgeable than others because they dont allow their heart or race to interfere with the truth.

Someone in this thread created a pefect example by claimimg a guy's choice for greatest NBA player ever was based solely on him being the same color/race.

It's the same reason John Stockton will never get the credit he deserves as being possibly the greatest point guard ever, despite him being the NBA's all-time Assists & Steals leader.

Bird was unbelievable.

Magic said he was the greatest.

But that was before MJ made his mark.

I have to say Jordan is alone at the very top all by himself.

In a tier of his own.

Then just below him you have guys like Bird, LeBron, and a few others who are in the argument for 2nd greatest.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Every sports fan has their opinion but obviously some are more knowledgeable than others because they dont allow their heart or race to interfere with the truth.

Someone in this thread created a pefect example by claimimg a guy's choice for greatest NBA player ever was based solely on him being the same color/race.

It's the same reason John Stockton will never get the credit he deserves as being possibly the greatest point guard ever, despite him being the NBA's all-time Assists & Steals leader.

Bird was unbelievable.

Magic said he was the greatest.

But that was before MJ made his mark.

I have to say Jordan is alone at the very top all by himself.

In a tier of his own.

Then just below him you have guys like Bird, LeBron, and a few others who are in the argument for 2nd greatest.
    Solid argument, though, MJ was too short, too programmed to a major degree, doing one or two things--maybe because he had to so his team could win? He was super at displaying showtime athleticism? Show-timing with
    athletic drives and monster dunks. The very best. But not the best blending ingredient for his team. Yet, his team won a lot, I know. So having him put at #2 would make sense to me, yet Wilt would have dwarfed him and dominated him with 50 to 70 ppgs, probably every game. Wilt seemed never to have a teammate as good as Jordan had? I mean a player who could deliver the ball to him such as a Bird-type player. He was always a one man team and these kind of team rarely win championships in the NBA.

So, if MJ, probably a legit 6-4 1/2, going up again Wilt at 7-1 1/2, would be a monumental mismatch. That's the way I see it and if you look at Wilt quite closely, you must absorb those unbreakable NBA records he owns.

My strong opinion about basketball players: If you are too athletic and feel a need to go all out, as well as not being taller than, say a range of 6-4 to -6-6, then likely, you will not be a team player or able to "blend in with your mates?"

That last statement says it all for Bird. That is what he did and exactly what he wanted to do. He did it for the most intelligent reasons.
    One big word; Winning! And unstoppable in his prime runs. His game flow was smooth as silk, seeming never to be out of position to rebound, or shoot. It was uncanny and he worked and worked on his skills to make it seem uncanny, too.

At 6-9, Bird out-skills MJ badly. No contest. MJ, again, was the greatest athlete to ever play in the NBA. I know this.

If you watched that video at the 38 minute mark, you'll see where Bird went undefeated against MJ in the playoffs. That was no accident. That was Bird and his team at their superior best. Especially Bird.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Abe you should call them and see if they will put Wilt Chamberlain on one for you.

ABEHONEST

This is a non-joke thread, Greasy. You need to display some genuine sports knowledge. If not, members will suspect you only do comedy and this is a very serious discussion you have interrupted.
    Extremely serious. Get it? The GOAT.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    This is a non-joke thread, Greasy.

All your threads are joke threads, pal.

Everyone knows that. Well except for you, I guess.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Bird needed to work on his 3 point shot

very over rated in that category

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    All your threads are joke threads, pal.

Everyone knows that. Well except for you, I guess.
    +1

I didnt even read his OP... but I assume is some retarded shit

Who wants to spend 10 mins reading 1000 words of some dumb bell?

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Bird needed to work on his 3 point shot

very over rated in that category
    Sorry, but duh. I will look and see if Bird out shot MJ from the three range?
    I do believe Bird wins. Bird was the best at outside shooting when the game was on the line. Also, his shooting form--being 6-9 is a major plus of course--was the very best, ever. Smooth as silk was his shooting and his form. The best.

* Greasy, please go the saloon for your comedy and interruptions. Serious mined basketball members do not want your silliness.
    And, if you don't like me expressing my years of accumulated basketball knowledge? You know what my suggestion will be don't you? Bye, bye.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

You cry a lot...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Sorry, but duh. I will look and see if Bird out shot MJ from the three range?
    I do believe Bird wins. Bird was the best at outside shooting when the game was on the line. Also, his shooting form--being 6-9 is a major plus of course--was the very best, ever. Smooth as silk was his shooting and his form. The best.

* Greasy, please go the saloon for your comedy and interruptions. Serious mined basketball members do not want your silliness.
    And, if you don't like me expressing my years of accumulated basketball knowledge? You know what my suggestion will be don't you? Bye, bye.
    why compare him to MJ?

I'm just saying he was OVER rated.

just compare him to those that he ranked around... and see if people ever talk about how great of shooters they were.

Bird wasn't even best shooter on his own team most of the time

but yeah he was a bit better than Kirk Heinrich and almost as good as Mo williams, and Cat Mobley

117. Mike James .3789
    118. Mo Williams .3784
    Cuttino Mobley .3784
    120. Vladimir Radmanovic .3783
    Terry Dehere .3783
    Bojan Bogdanovic .3783
    123. Danny Ainge .3780
    124. Kerry Kittles .3776
    125. Mike Conley .3772
    126. Marco Belinelli .3771
    127. Mike Dunleavy .3769
    128. Lee Mayberry .3767