mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

I'm a life long Portlander and Blazer fan so I'm VERY familiar with Damian and the Blazers. He over-achieved out of college but does seem to have plateaued. He's obviously an amazing talent but does fall short in making people around him better. It's hard to say what his best fit would be. Being a ball dominant PG is tough unless you're REALLY good - Westbrook, etc. And even a guy like Westbrook is limited as far as winning titles.

Damian's a good to great shooter/scorer, a mediocre passer and a poor defender. So, where does that leave him? I'd say at the end of the day he's in the good not great category. The Blazers have endless problems with roster, desirability for free agents, management and other things. Damian isn't going to lead us to a title (or even a 2nd round playoff series) anytime soon but is certainly fun to watch. It's just so tough - he's 99.9% of the way to being a superstar but just doesn't have that last little bit to push him over the edge... not many players do.

Aside from any critique of his game, Damian is 1000% a great citizen and overall person. Qualities that are often lost with today's athletes.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

he is 99.9% of the way to being a superstar

That is really what you think? Okay lol

He is 50% at best imo. He was far closer a few years back. HE mails it in today, and heart and desire is most of the formula. No problem here... not everybody needs to be Westbrook, Jordan, James, Bryant, etc. He is nowhere close to superstar level from what I can see.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    he is 99.9% of the way to being a superstar

That is really what you think? Okay lol

He is 50% at best imo. He was far closer a few years back. HE mails it in today, and heart and desire is most of the formula. No problem here... not everybody needs to be Westbrook, Jordan, James, Bryant, etc. He is nowhere close to superstar level from what I can see.
    I mean in the population as a whole.... not just NBA players. The worst guy in the league is probably 97%. Best kid ever growing up, best at his high school, nearly the best in college. Excels in the NBA but just doesn't have that last little bit to be great. There are tons of guys similar to Damian but guys like MJ, LBJ, Magic, Kareem, Shaq, Kobe, etc., etc. are just so rare.

First 123