Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Ive been touting Presti since well before kd left and even more since. Lot of haters decided to creep out of the closet and take cheap shots at presti with the benefit of hindsight after kd left. Presti did everything he could to keep kd. Presti is one deal away from this being a championship team. They just need more depth somehow, some old Wiley vets looking to get a ring need to come in and settle for limited minutes. Plus Adams has to step up and this team will compete with the top 4
    They definitely could use just one more guy for depth, but I think they may have enough. I think they end up top 4 in the West for sure, then we shall see in the Playoffs. If Presti can make another move during the season then that may put them as close to GS as you can get.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    It is truly amazing. They gave up some fringe starters, and bench players. Along with like a 2nd round draft pick for two all star, Olympic Gold medalists. Unreal.
    Raymond Felton, their current back up guard ... would of put up better numbers than Oladipo last season
    if given the floor playing time that Oladipo was given .

Oladipo means nothing to me , Enes Kanter is capable but when are we going to ever hear

"thank god for the addition of Enes Kanter , who's incredible effort helped lead so and so to a championship"

Doug Mcdermott ? Are we seriously going to have this discussion lol

Its the will to win, and how the guys play into the system, I think the potential nightly defensive match ups

are very inviting for the Thunder . Yeah Westbrook gasses himself.... but he plays some defense

He wont need to do it all this year , hes going to miss Kanters lights out 3 point shooting

and Oladipos incredible accomplishment of knocking down 25% of his shots passed to him ....

but he should be just fine with Paul George and Melo at the receiving end or those passes or fast breaks

and Paul George is a savage beast from the pits of Hell on the fast break btw

but yes Enes Kanter wetting those halfcourt shots every game will be missed

Fidel_CashFlow

Felton, Grant, Collison, Singler, Patterson are good enough for depth. Grant is a freak of nature. Then they have a few unknowns that may step up.
    They got a solid pick up during the draft at Shooting Guard
    The move for Melo at Power Forward is a experiment
    Dont forget that lock down defender Andre Roberson was previously a forward turned shooting guard
    so Melo could be switched to Shooting Guard at some point as well

We will see

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Raymond Felton, their current back up guard ... would of put up better numbers than Oladipo last season
    if given the floor playing time that Oladipo was given .

Oladipo means nothing to me , Enes Kanter is capable but when are we going to ever hear

"thank god for the addition of Enes Kanter , who's incredible effort helped lead so and so to a championship"

Doug Mcdermott ? Are we seriously going to have this discussion lol

Its the will to win, and how the guys play into the system, I think the potential nightly defensive match ups

are very inviting for the Thunder . Yeah Westbrook gasses himself.... but he plays some defense

He wont need to do it all this year , hes going to miss Kanters lights out 3 point shooting

and Oladipos incredible accomplishment of knocking down 25% of his shots passed to him ....

but he should be just fine with Paul George and Melo at the receiving end or those passes or fast breaks

and Paul George is a savage beast from the pits of Hell on the fast break btw

but yes Enes Kanter wetting those halfcourt shots every game will be missed

I feel bad for the Knicks, but I hated them until Melo got there so fck em.

Cuse0323

They got a solid pick up during the draft at Shooting Guard
    The move for Melo at Power Forward is a experiment
    Dont forget that lock down defender Andre Roberson was previously a forward turned shooting guard
    so Melo could be switched to Shooting Guard at some point as well

We will see
    Melo battles down low. He can definitely play the 4. Unfortunately, he's older now so he won't be what he was but damn close. In the Olympics, he thrived at the 4. In NY, the guy got hammered with no calls as he battled to score, or rebound. Hopefully he gets calls now. He's a load down there, and will be a complete mismatch on offense. Draymond does it with an all-star cast. Melo has been doing it with bums. Can't wait to see people have to eat their words about him.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I'm hoping Melo gets a second wind here. It's the most talent he's played with, maybe that is enough to shake the dust off. He's played depressed and lethargic for years, now he has something to look forward to so I think we'll see a young �� my Melo

Fidel_CashFlow

Melo battles down low. He can definitely play the 4. Unfortunately, he's older now so he won't be what he was but damn close. In the Olympics, he thrived at the 4. In NY, the guy got hammered with no calls as he battled to score, or rebound. Hopefully he gets calls now. He's a load down there, and will be a complete mismatch on offense. Draymond does it with an all-star cast. Melo has been doing it with bums. Can't wait to see people have to eat their words about him.
    Good point, I personally, wish I was higher on Melo myself
    As you can see, I love the trade but deep down inside there is something still tugging at me with Melo
    He can score as good as anyone all time, up there with the all time greats like
    Jordan,Kobe,,Bird,Curry,Enes Kanter, and Kevin Durant speaking only offensively wise

But my hope for Melo, or optimism for Melo with this new move is related to something you just said Cuser
    That is the something to prove factor . He hasnt had much talent around him and fell into the system of losing in NY
    You cant count Derrick Rose from last year playing on those ankles, the dude fractures his ankles watching others figure skate
    And Porzingis is good but still learning the NBA ....

But accomplished , veteran, all star players such as Westbrook and Paul George around him
    Im betting that Melo is going to give it his all just to prove the miserable New York fans
    what he can actually do being in a fresh new system

Cuse0323

I hear ya guys. Can see the doubt, but Melo is a warrior. He's not selfish at all, and wants to win. The damn Pistons fcked up his whole career taking Darko over him, or we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Anyway, I love the guy and know he will bust his ass for OKC.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/la...nk-you-letter/

Just want to post that in case anyone wants a good read on what a teammate has to say about him.

Also, Paul Pierce had him as number 1 most difficult to guard.

I just wish he had a damn team earlier, so now I'm excited that he finally does. He has a good few years left in the tank.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Okl City will have high Vegas rating

FADE FADE FADE

Lucky Strike
    Lucky Strike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I’m not high on OKC either. It’s like an “Oceans Elevenl movie. Big names. Gonna be decent, but ain’t winning any rings or awards.

I like the U55

Fidel_CashFlow

We will see I guess

but since when is it over under 55 at any book ?

Im seeing as high as 53.5

I got it at 52.5 (-115) so think thats a great line at a great price

But yeah , we will see. Look forward to Thunder picking up a solid role player to fit into the system

Not no dummy, I realize the West is hard . But the defensive matchups nightly is what is giving me confidence

Keep imagining George and Roberson playing shut down defense , then you have Westbrook , which basketball

reference has him at a DBPM (defensive box plus minus) at 4.7 , where an average defender would be a 0

So he can play defense as well but is usually doing the whole workload exerting energy in every other facet of the

game that he is winded or leaving defender early to try for rebounds . In this new system he should have a tad more

energy throughout the game

27-14 record at the break

28-13 record after the break

55 wins 27 losses is my prediction

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

I think they will play enough defense to win 50 games, can they score enough to win the tight games?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Tend to agree, I think they could start slow and finish strong

might be looking at them being overvaluved ats early in season

under or nothing on season win totals for sure

i do think melo is gonna surprise and be more efficient than ever

cwnotorious

Definitely alot riding on melo, he hasn't had much motivation for years. He knows his window is closing so I could see him putting everything into these next few years.

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Tend to agree, I think they could start slow and finish strong

under or nothing on season win totals for sure
    But at what one , he's saying 55 which is a big difference from 52.5

56 -26 compared to 53-29 is all the difference in the world

and if if you and notorious feel Melo would thrive what in the world

could be your reasoning for them struggling as you know Westbrook gonna Westbrook

Paul George is a fukking stud on both sides of the court

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Injuries
    No defense
    Tough schedule
    Under

cwnotorious

They had 47 wins last year with Westbrook going off, 55 wins the year before with Durant. I'd say 53 wins is a tough number, Houston and Minn have improved and of course u gotta play the warriors. Flip a coin on this one Fidel, must be some better options for season win totals than this one bol

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    They had 47 wins last year with Westbrook going off, 55 wins the year before with Durant. I'd say 53 wins is a tough number, Houston and Minn have improved and of course u gotta play the warriors. Flip a coin on this one Fidel, must be some better options for season win totals than this one bol
    Thanks man .

I believe the combo of George and Melo logging minutes throughout the game = more than Durant

and a overall improved Westbrook , plus like you said, they won 55 .

There is a better wins total out there btw, its the Nets under 27.5 wins

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Injuries
    No defense
    Tough schedule
    Under
    No defense ? They might be the best defensive team in the West

JJ, go jerk that fun size snicker bar you call a penis and leave the sports talk to us men

cwnotorious

Lol @ the nets! I honestly love p George's game, he is a great 2way player and is an improved 3point shooter with a killer instinct. Okc bench is no good but if they r smart and leave one of pg/russell/melo out with that 2nd unit then they will b fine. Will be fun to see how this team gels and your over bet will look good if they can win some tight games early in the season.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Thanks man .

I believe the combo of George and Melo logging minutes throughout the game = more than Durant

and a overall improved Westbrook , plus like you said, they won 55 .

There is a better wins total out there btw, its the Nets under 27.5 wins

No defense ? They might be the best defensive team in the West

JJ, go jerk that fun size snicker bar you call a penis and leave the sports talk to us men
    I would go with the Pacers instead of the Nets.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

These season win totals hardly have any value betting wise.

First 12