JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Yi not talking about NBA, Bucks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

DALLAS (AP) -- Bucks top draft pick Yi Jianlian won't talk about the draft or the prospect of playing for Milwaukee.

Yi is in Dallas with the China National Senior Team for two exhibition games. He said Monday that he was looking forward to playing against the Dallas Mavericks Summer Team on Tuesday. But he declined for the second straight day to talk about the NBA.

"I don't want to talk about that," he said and walked away from reporters.

Agent Dan Fegan pushed for the 19-year-old Yi to go to a city with a heavy Asian influence. According to Census data, Milwaukee has a little more than 1,200 Chinese residents.

Yi's teammate, Sun Yue, said he is very pleased that he was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers.

It's a good city for me. I know the place; I love the place," he said. "I played there in the ABA the last two seasons." It was the home court for Beijing Aoshen Olympian of the American Basketball Association.

"The people there are nice. They make me feel I'm not thinking about home as much."

"The NBA's always been my dream. The Lakers would be good for me. Phil Jackson is the coach with the triangle offense. They need a bigger player like me to run it," the 6-foot-9 Sun said.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Man....I would be happy just to play for an NBA team and get paid.
    This kid seems like a brat.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Can't wait until he gets dunked on. Most professional athletes hate divas; this guy is going to get a rude welcome to the NBA.

gazzso
    gazzso's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep, this is really stupid. If he wants to play in a city with a lot of Chinese people, he should stay in Guanghong. Bucks are going to pay for this though, as one unsettled player likely disturbs whole team. That's a pity as they should be rewarded for disallowing player to manipulate draft system. Nobody (or almost nobody) can choose where he will play when he first comes to the league. And Yi won't be remember for long - i believe he's the most overrated player in this draft.