WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

Irving to Celtics

Wow it happened. IT Crowder and Nets pick

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

wow indeed

lol they just had a story out the other day how it was all a misunderstanding and kyrie thought james wanted him off the team.

Pikachu
    Pikachu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4851

How do you feel about the trade? it's win win for both teams, but I think this is the best Cavs could get. Thomas is not too much worse than Irving, and Jae Crowder is another good defender they need. Adding that 1st round pick...

Quote Originally Posted by WildCelticsFan View Post
    Wow it happened. IT Crowder and Nets pick

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

To be honest if you told me two years ago this was gonna be a trade I'd take it. IT basically had his best season last year, and trade players when they are at their highest value. And I don't think Thomas's value will get any higher then now. I think very smart decision by the celtics.

Hopefully this new team meshes but we shall see. Both teams might struggle in beginning of season. But with this I think Celtics win the east.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

this is a great trade for the cavs. thomas is a better passer than kyrie. They get a great stretch 3 defender but i guess lebron has to go to the 2. i would love to see the get a better c than tristan. Although he played ball at texas the hoe clan jinxed him just as they did the beard 2 years ago.

Pikachu
    Pikachu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4851

Rumor has it that D-wade is coming to Cleveland. If LeBron promises to stay a few more years, they may as well trade that 1st pick for a really good player now.

Juozuu
    Juozuu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3428

Feels like Celtics gave away a bit too much. IT and Jae Crowder are both solid and the draft pick could be traded into another decent addition.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

On the surface it looks like a stupid trade by Ainge. Cavs HAD to make a trade so the Celtics had all the leverage, and yet they gave up a possible #1 overall pick.

But... Thomas will be demanding a max contract next summer and that could ruin the Cavs. Who's he going to defend in this matchup going forward? Jaylen Brown?