bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh ya, The Lakers are really trying to build a championship team

I can't believe they resigned this bum instead of going after somebody to make Kobe happy.

Walton back with Lakers

Forward Luke Walton appears to be returning to the Los Angeles Lakers. Several published reports said Walton agreed to a six-year, $30 million deal Sunday.

''This is where I wanted to be all along,'' Walton told the Los Angeles Times. ''I couldn't be any happier to remain a Laker.''

He averaged 11.4 points, five rebounds and 4.3 assists last season.

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

Walton was a great sign. He has never been a go to guy. He has great understanding of how the game is supposed to be played and has gotten better every year. I am sure Kobe is happy with this deal and to mention this in the same breath as "to make Kobe happy" is wrong. Luke Walton isnt a superstar caliber player so this has nothing to with making kobe happy or not making him happy. Saying they resigned Lute Walton instead of going after somebody to make kobe happy makes no sense. Thats like saying the Heat resigned JAson Kapono instead of going after somebody to make shaq happy. Now if the lakers gave Lamar odom a 15 mil a year contract extension or bynum then u have a point. But not a crappy 6 year 30 million dollar deal.