ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

thats why people prefer MJ over LeBron

staying in the Finals on the line. up 2. 1:15 left

MJ would've taken the shot 9/10 possessions... unless absolutely forced then he would've got it to an wide open shot.

LeBron... dribbles and dances with the ball for 18 seconds... drives a bit and jumps in the air and passes to a man standing in the corner. Not a wide open shot. Miss. KD comes down and takes his shot to grab the lead and possibly go up 3-0... swish.

I knew LeBron was gonna do that exact shit. I even figured it would be Korver taking the shot. If I figure all that stuff is gonna happen don't you think the Warriors figured that would probably be what he would do? That's why sometimes you see LeBron dance, dribble.... fake drive and jump in the air then fire a pass right to an opponent standing in front of his 3 pt man in the corner.... THEY KNOW IT'S COMING. He's TOO PASSIVE.

MJ wins

You put the whole game and series & your great performance and Irving's... in the hands of a man who had hit like 2 3's and has never experienced winning.

Irving didn't bail ya out this time.

Series over.
    Points Awarded:

dmncnlou gave ThaTopMoron 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Yep. You're in the paint and you dish to Korver. WTF

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I was SMH as he passed it to Korver... I was like... well maybe he will hit it.... then NOPE. Then I see KD coming down with the ball and I'm just like... he'll just pull up and nail his 3. It goes in. WELP... no reason to watch game 4 or game 4 and 5 now. Season is over for me lol

then down 1. Irving dances around too much with the ball. he tires out his arms doing all the moves then pulls up for the 3 and it's SHORT of course. dumb dumb dumb

Cavs are just too dumb to win against this GSW team

I mean, they LET Shumpert shoot the ball???

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Yep

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

I thought he was gonna maybe do a floating type shot but nope. That's not in his arsenal... he's not that smooth or natural on the court. Even if u float it on the rim and it misses. You are right there with a shot to grab the rebound or fight for it.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Lol best catch and shoot player in the game got a wide open 3. I'd understand you having a go at him if he passed to Shumpert or something but you can't possibly ask for a better shot than that. It just didn't go in.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Lol best catch and shoot player in the game got a wide open 3. I'd understand you having a go at him if he passed to Shumpert or something but you can't possibly ask for a better shot than that. It just didn't go in.
    Yeah... you're still up 2. Shoot the ball yourself big physical man. Get close to the hoop and do it yourself big passive man. Nope. Put it in the hands of a bench player in those EXTRA CLUTCH TENSE SITUATIONS.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

he was 2-5 before that shot... not like he was on fire or anything

LeBron got himself in position for a mid-range jumper yet he almost always wants to pass later in games lol it's cool i knew people would disagree it's cool

there used to be a mid-range jumper in the NBA

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    he was 2-5 before that shot... not like he was on fire or anything

LeBron got himself in position for a mid-range jumper yet he almost always wants to pass later in games lol it's cool i knew people would disagree it's cool

there used to be a mid-range jumper in the NBA
    If he was KD I'd be with you but he isn't a great outside shooter. He has his moments where he's on fire, his moments where he bricks every single one but if you average it all out, he's basically an average shooter (and elite at absolutely everything else).

They hot a higher percentage shot that was on top of that worth 1 more point. Now if your accusation here is "LeBron doesn't have MJ's mid-range game", yeah no shit. We all already know that.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

If he was KD I'd be with you but he isn't a great outside shooter. He has his moments where he's on fire, his moments where he bricks every single one but if you average it all out, he's basically an average shooter (and elite at absolutely everything else).

They hot a higher percentage shot that was on top of that worth 1 more point. Now if your accusation here is "LeBron doesn't have MJ's mid-range game", yeah no shit. We all already know that.
    you don't need a 3. you are still up 2. take the best, closest shot you can get to the hoop. better chance for a rebound as well. today's NBA pisses me off

ill just skip next year if the Warriors bring everyone back lol

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    you don't need a 3. you are still up 2. take the best, closest shot you can get to the hoop. better chance for a rebound as well. today's NBA pisses me off

ill just skip next year if the Warriors bring everyone back lol
    I can almost guarantee you Korver has a better career 3 point percentage than LeBron's mid-range shooting percentage. The extra point is the cherry on top, you are legitimately getting a shot that has a better chance of going in.

I'm not a fan of deferring either and I like to see the star taking the shot but that right there was the correct play. It's not like when he passed to Haslem for the game winner that one time. That was pathetic.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

The post title is right... this is why people prefer Jordan. The key is James deferred to Irving for most of the quarter because he was rolling. You want him to flip the switch and start scoring in crunch time just like that? -big ask imo. Korver should have made that shot anyway.

BigDofBA

He wasn't wide open.

Cleveland got the lead by being physical and going to the rim. They lost the lead by settling for outside jumpers late. It's really that simple.

If Lebron goes strong the rim he probably draws a foul.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

He wasn't wide open.

Cleveland got the lead by being physical and going to the rim. They lost the lead by settling for outside jumpers late. It's really that simple.

yeah... they hadn't really gone ALL-IN on contesting James with help at the basket... if they had, THEN he should have passed it

it's like James was intent on passing no matter what, and the Warriors preferred it and played like it on D

I even made a post on FB about it during the timeout. I said LeBron will dance and drive and dish it to someone like Korver for a 3 and if they miss Cavs will lose. Then it just all happened. lol

Seto

He wasn't wide open.

Trying to upload the pic of the play but SBR only lets you do it via URL now for some reason. Too lazy to go upload it somewhere else and link back here.

Dude that's a wide open shot for Kyle Korver. Come on. Sure, Curry recovered and contested it a bit but by his standards, that's a wide open shot.

Draymond had contained him well and Durant was in good help position, there's no way he was getting to the rim there. He could've shot a contested mid-range fadeaway but that's not his shot, he isn't Kobe MJ or KD. Given his skillset and the personnel on his team, he made the correct play.

If Korver makes the shot y'all are saying "he made the unselfish play, Kobe would've shot a contested brick" or some shit. Easy to criticise based on one shot going in or not.

Seto

Plus which, you guys are ignoring the play call. Love was setting a screen for Korver, LeBron was just following the play as it was designed. The way the play was designed KD (Love's man) was in a great position to help on LeBron's drive.

If you wanted him to get to the rim, you run a straight iso, 1-4 flat and have him go at Draymond, with Love being on the wing rather than on the baseline setting a screen.

If anything, blame Ty Lue. Or blame LeBron for being a bad coach if he's the one calling the plays.

lovesports87
    lovesports87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Lebron gave it to Korver for an open three and he's one of the best shooters ever. Do you not remember Jordan passing it to Paxson and Kerr for winning shots in the finals?

BigDofBA

Korver isn't even one of their top 5 players.

With the game on the line, ride your horses and what got you there.

Dishing to Korver resulted in a loss. I just don't like that play or some of the other plays they ran down the stretch. They have the game away.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by lovesports87 View Post
    Lebron gave it to Korver for an open three and he's one of the best shooters ever. Do you not remember Jordan passing it to Paxson and Kerr for winning shots in the finals?
    Yeah but I also remember Jordan hitting the game winner against Utah.

I understand what you guys are saying but as soon as the ball left Lebron's hands I knew something bad was going to happen.

When has Korver hit a meaningful shot in post-season play?

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

gsw had this and gave it to cavs in 2h.. all the stuoid shots they take and whats up with 4th quarter trailing but start with same scrubs.. gsw were lucky to get this one, i mean they had it but stupid plays by klay and all the missed jump.shots nearly cost them..

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

LMFAO. this guy thinks it's over

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Quote Originally Posted by lovesports87 View Post
    Horace Grant made t.he pass to Paxson

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

The worst part of it was the defense on Durant. You have to meet him a step above the 3 point line not retreat!

NUTSonYAchin
    NUTSonYAchin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Lebron doesn't want that shot. Never did. NBA players know this. NBA fans know this. Lebron apologists just don't want to admit it.

lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Not even close IMO, and not because of what happened last night. Mike was an assassin. He wanted to " eat your thildren". Bron just want to take his talents somewhere else every now and then. There will never be another Mike. If Lebron played with Longley, Kukoc, Buechler and Bill Wennington, he would be crying : We need another PG, SG, SF, PF and Center... from here to Timbuktu.
    Points Awarded:

dmncnlou gave lom bylyri 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Bulls had a great GM. Cavs have always come up short in that regard, right from the day he was drafted. Maybe if he got drafted by the right team he would, today, have more trust/ patience/ loyalty.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

this shit is unreal. You people really believe this isn't going 7 for a cavs win. unreal.