nickmanning214
    nickmanning214's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

NBA picks!

Both teams are surging through bad teams but Philadelphia is more likely to retain their motivation. Toronto does have the advantage having 3 days off to Philadelphia’s 1 day off, but Philadelphia has been playing well off of one day’s rest this season. Toronto barely won the last one, so the emotion favors Philadelphia. This will be a close game.

Value: Philadelphia +7.
    Guarantee: Philadelphia +10.

The Kings are rolling after their win in NY. Detroit is also on a roll, but they are used to being better than Sacramento, so they may not be as motivated. The Kings will be tired having to play an overtime game, but the Pistons will be as well since they are old. The Kings still need to prove they can beat Detroit. Detroit is a low scoring team so they cannot outrun the slow Kings.

Value: Kings +170
    Guarantee: Kings +5

Both teams are coming off a tiring win over Indiana. Although, Orlando faced a similar situation before with a win over Boston then a comeback win over Min, then they got crushed by Chicago. However, Chicago had something to prove then, and they don’t now. The Magic have an extra day’s rest, so I like them straight up.

Value: Orlando -4.5 Guarantee: Orlando -200

Jersey has already once lost to Cleveland and Milwaukee the next week. They had 3 days rest before Milwaukee before, and now it’s only a day. Milwaukee is good enough to beat the Nets even if they don’t take them seriously.

Value: Milwaukee -5.5 Guarantee: Milkwaukee -215

I see Atlanta as the Orlando of last year, and once Miami beat Orlando, they lost the next one 122-99. Atlanta is coming off a win over Memphis. Orlando was coming off a win over Charlotte, probably the equivalent. Miami had just beaten Philadelphia, but they needed the 2nd half to do it.

Value: Atlanta -7. Guarantee: Atlanta -4.

Minnesota seems to be getting a boost in respect because of their recent win streak, so the Bobcats, who have already beaten 2 bad teams in consecutive days earlier in the season, should be able to take care of the Wolves. If the Wolves were respected like this before every game, they’d have a record similar to the Nets’ Charlotte has a lot to play for in the playoff race, so they won’t give up just because the media suddenly loves the Wolves (maybe they feel bad for Vikings fans).

Guarantee: Charlotte -2.5.

The Suns have tons of rest, while Portland is tired after losing the 4th quarter to Oklahoma City. Portland won their last meeting by 3, so I expect some revenge.

Value: Suns -9.
    Guarantee: Suns -6.

LA and Golden State. I like GS simply because LA won the last meeting and GS has more rest.

Value: Golden State +110
    Guarantee: Golden State +5.

Also, if Kobe is out I really like Utah -5.5. Utah lost their last meeting so they will be emotionally driven. LA is a good team even without Kobe, but Utah is a good team period. I would make this a guarantee as well, as long as KOBE DOES NOT PLAY.
    Disagree with me on any of these?
    Last edited by nickmanning214; 02-10-10 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Added LA vs Utah to get to 500 words.

odtw524
    odtw524's Avatar Become A Pro!

very nice write up my friend you made some valid points