HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

(2/9) Who likes Detroit, or New Jersey???

Two terrible/shit/embarrassing teams, but if you like value.....

Looks like a play to make closer to tipoff, but they look tempting.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Sup Houli.. I am wating to see if the bettors take Cleveland up to -24.5 and if they do at that time I will take New Jersey.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Thats like picking a favorite in the special olympics....

Either way they're both retarded.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

LOVE DET + the points tonight!

lyon804

I am starting to like the Cavs ML -4000 at The Greek. It may appear a little pricey, but I would say the Cavs would probably win that game or particular matchup 999 1/2 out of 1,000. Sound like good bet to you gentleman?

baa269
    baa269's Avatar Become A Pro!

This could be the one time a nets ml may pay off ... like lyon said 999.5 out of 1000... but its that one .5 time that they could just show up with the cavs thinking they are going to blow them out going into it cocky as all hell

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by baa269 View Post
    This could be the one time a nets ml may pay off ... like lyon said 999.5 out of 1000... but its that one .5 time that they could just show up with the cavs thinking they are going to blow them out going into it cocky as all hell

Cleveland could sit Lebron and Shaq and still win this game imo

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

im goin for nets ml good idea

SolidDala
    SolidDala's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Cavs will probably end the game a couple minutes into 2q then ride it out, so Cavs 1q. Not toughing clippers

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like the nets +16 lot of points

lyon804

Just think about that ML....-4000. How crazy is that to bet it for real?? Your talking putting up 40K to make 1K.. I couldn't do it for that price if Cleveland was playing my former high school that they would beat 209-15 score... You can't do it on the off chance the damn game is rigged. Let's not fool ourselves there is some rigged games in the NBA. The only way NJ could bet the Cavs on the road is a rigged game which is unlikely, but possible. And even of the game was rigged I am still not sure NJ could take it.

SpreadSniper

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Your talking putting up 40K to make 1K..
    Could be like that one hero who bet 60k to win 5k - Steelers vs Raiders this season
    I bet you the guy thought he would bet his families life savings on the game to make some easy quick coin for christmas... Not so fast chummy!

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    Could be like that one hero who bet 60k to win 5k - Steelers vs Raiders this season
    I bet you the guy thought he would bet his families life savings on the game to make some easy quick coin for christmas... Not so fast chummy!
    Yea, I read about that game, but this is a much more sure thing as evidenced by the price in this game compared to this one. Also this game is at home, but not in a million years would I lay that here..

That moron that lost the 60K was an absolute idiot.. I could have helped him by giving him so simple advice that would have made more money with less risk. The simple advice to an idiot with money is this... For instance you don't have time to teach him what you learned from your vast experience.. Tell the idiot this... Risk $500 on the very first big ML favorite you like.. OK if it works do the same thing next bet. If it loses double up on the next one and so forth until you hit. Either way both are losing strategies, but my way is a little safer and you keep your money a little longer. Besides, in the short run you could actually make money using this gimmick chase systems playing ML especially if you know your stuff. I would play -500 ml or lower. again, i wouldn't do it period, but the idiot could have had a better time doing this. There are many -500ML in all actuality have a better chance of cashing than some of the big ones. Why that guy took Steelers there is beyond me.. The simple reason you don't play that is... Steelers were slumping at the moment and Oakland was showing some life at that point of the season and the game was on the road. I remember all this because I had the Raiders + the points.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Lebron could always go down with an ankle in a 5 point game. figure its the nets and play it safe and not return......thats the only way the nets can win..........however the nets havent gotten blown out in a while now. they are really a better team then 2-3 months ago. the line it 16, if it goes up to 17-19 they are solid pick to hang in the game a bit. CAVS 98 NETS 83

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Yea, I read about that game, but this is a much more sure thing as evidenced by the price in this game compared to this one. Also this game is at home, but not in a million years would I lay that here.. That moron that lost the 60K was an absolute idiot.. I could have helped him by giving him so simple advice that would have made more money with less risk. The simple advice to an idiot with money is this... For instance you don't have time to teach him what you learned from your vast experience.. Tell the idiot this... Risk $500 on the very first big ML favorite you like.. OK if it works do the same thing next bet. If it loses double up on the next one and so forth until you hit. Either way both are losing strategies, but my way is a little safer and you keep your money a little longer. Besides, in the short run you could actually make money using this gimmick chase systems playing ML especially if you know your stuff. I would play -500 ml or lower. again, i wouldn't do it period, but the idiot could have had a better time doing this. There are many -500ML in all actuality have a better chance of cashing than some of the big ones. Why that guy took Steelers there is beyond me.. The simple reason you don't play that is... Steelers were slumping at the moment and Oakland was showing some life at that point of the season and the game was on the road. I remember all this because I had the Raiders + the points.
    I was told if you bet the biggest UNDERDOG ML every week in the NFL, for $100, by the end of the season you will make money. I have not back tested that, but it sound like an investment opportunity.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I was told if you bet the biggest UNDERDOG ML every week in the NFL, for $100, by the end of the season you will make money. I have not back tested that, but it sound like an investment opportunity.

I believe it. One week towards the end of the season I bet all the ML dogs were the spread was -10 or higher and won money that Sunday. I think 2 out of 5 hit that day paying good comebacks. Me, I don't play many ML, but when I do I look to play the +ML rather than the -ML.

elynch
    elynch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

As a nets fan (yes ill admit it im a nets fan) and someone who watches a majority of their games even though its painful they play good basketball and are usually in the game if not winning entering the fourth quarter (lately). I could see the nets sticking with the cavs who might overlook this game or might pull their starters early if the game gets out of hand. NJ +16 looks good to me!

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

A line of -16 seems like it could be ripe for a backdoor cover by the Nets. I see this game playing out similar to the Cavs/Knicks game a few days ago.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Maybe the Cavs come out complaisant, and try to win the game in the last 6 minutes of the fourth?

They have to be disinterested, having played many tomato cans of late.

you would know williams, how this team reacts to being heavily favored for many games in a row.

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I definitely don't like jersey

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Maybe the Cavs come out complaisant, and try to win the game in the last 6 minutes of the fourth?

They have to be disinterested, having played many tomato cans of late.

you would know williams, how this team reacts to being heavily favored for many games in a row.
    I was hoping the Cavs would be getting Delonte back tonight which would have added some more interest to the game, but it's being said he's out now.

I actually watched the Nets/Cavs game in person earlier this year but it wasn't an accurate gauge. It was a 1 PM start in New Jersey, a recipe for disaster for the Cavs. They played disinterested pretty much the entire game and won by 8 or 9.

This game is in Cleveland though so there is always guaranteed to be some excitement. 1st Quarter over is probably a good bet here.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Alright I'm headed to school. I hope the Nets are 20pt Dogs, by the time my first classes are over.

iceaxe56
    iceaxe56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 469

look back and see if the nets were ever beaten by 16--cavs let up tonight and call the dogs off--maybe put a little juice on the game thmselves--cavs win by 10 and everyones happy -except the smucks that gave 16 in the pros--gl

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

final score ,,cleveland 111 new jersey 89,,,,take to the bank

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

+16 is too many points. The line should be around Cavs -13.

As for Milwaukee, I think they cover this spread and the game stays under.

smog613
    smog613's Avatar Become A Pro!

nets suck, better games on the board today

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Nets cash.

Detroit still in the money.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Nets cover, and Detroit SU win.

SpreadSniper

nice...det was my bet of the day, cle - bah, like i say, if im on em, be on the other side.

good calls mang

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Great calls houli- det didnt change until it was too late for me.