No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Ever wonder what a rig job looks like

Take a look at the line movement and the line in WAS/SAC. Then re-watch the game, particularly in the fourth quarter and OT.

Remember, this game was being offered at both 7.5 and 8.5 at one point.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

went with Laker boy - risked $240 to win $200 - kings +8 - i quit - bought half a point earlier today

kgindy
    kgindy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4845

soon as it went to OT I knew what was coming. Was on Kings +7.5 and ML

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

So you're saying Wall intentionally missed the potential buzzer-beating game winner all the while still making it look like a legitimate attempt at a shot?

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

blown 15 point lead in 4th qtr. what a fix job

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    So you're saying Wall intentionally missed the potential buzzer-beating game winner all the while still making it look like a legitimate attempt at a shot?
    There was a lot more to it than just that one shot.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I was just watching the game. Didn't have one red cent on it.

wazsx
    wazsx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1111

na this stuff happens all the time in nba/ncaa ATS and total.For example, i had oregon at -8.5,player misses free throw and didn't covered by .5 .Shit like that happens all the time when betting and you need 1-2 points to get the cover or you can just buy points.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    There was a lot more to it than just that one shot.
    If he makes that shot, the game ends and the Wizards win by 2. You're saying someone would "rig" a game but risk 1 guy fukking it up with significant money on the line by making a last second shot?

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

the guy had an open layup at the end but threw it out of bounds..thanks a lot pal

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If he makes that shot, the game ends and the Wizards win by 2. You're saying someone would "rig" a game but risk 1 guy fukking it up with significant money on the line by making a last second shot?
    It's happened before, and it will happen again. At all levels.

Are you telling me this is all just a coincidence? A sharp line at the end of the day, especially given what happened with the line/movement before the game?

Seto

It's happened before, and it will happen again. At all levels.

Are you telling me this is all just a coincidence? A sharp line at the end of the day, especially given what happened with the line/movement before the game?
    My post proves your theory this game was "fixed" (to me fixed means whoever is fixing it is making 100% sure the result that comes in goes their way. that clearly wasn't the case here as one guy making one shot could've made that play lose) is completely asinine. The reasons you think the game was fixed, whether they're line movement, the players' attitudes, some chatter you overheard in Vegas, etc, quite frankly don't interest me.

I'm willing to listen if you claim a team lying down and losing by 40 were given instructions. Any idea a "rigged" game would depend on a couple of shots at the end of the game is purely idiotic.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

My post proves your theory this game was "fixed" (to me fixed means whoever is fixing it is making 100% sure the result that comes in goes their way. that clearly wasn't the case here as one guy making one shot could've made that play lose) is completely asinine. The reasons you think the game was fixed, whether they're line movement, the players' attitudes, some chatter you overheard in Vegas, etc, quite frankly don't interest me.

I'm willing to listen if you claim a team lying down and losing by 40 were given instructions. Any idea a "rigged" game would depend on a couple of shots at the end of the game is purely idiotic.
    Hey, I really couldn't care less how this game ended up. Like I said, I had no skin in the game. I watched the entire second half, and saw what I saw in the fourth quarter and OT with growing interest as it transpired. I knew what the line was. It played to it down to a T, right up until Collison mysteriously lost the ball out of bounds with an open layup down 8 at the end.

I wish I was a true believer that everything was on the level like you, Seto. I really do. You bet tennis all the time, which is one of the most crooked sports imaginable. Surprised you are such a staunch defender of mere coincidences.

kgindy
    kgindy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4845

Up 15 going into the 4th and losing by exactly 8 is not a coincidence. Sorry.

Seto

Hey, I really couldn't care less how this game ended up. Like I said, I had no skin in the game. I watched the entire second half, and saw what I saw in the fourth quarter and OT with growing interest as it transpired. I knew what the line was. It played to it down to a T, right up until Collison mysteriously lost the ball out of bounds with an open layup down 8 at the end.

I wish I was a true believer that everything was on the level like you, Seto. I really do. You bet tennis all the time, which is one of the most crooked sports imaginable. Surprised you are such a staunch defender of mere coincidences.
    It's not a matter of what I believe or not, I could care less what you believe or I believe or anyone believes.

You see, your post is all theoretical. All based on some feeling or intuition you have.

I gave you a 2 + 2 = 4 argument as to why your intuition was wrong. There are no emotions involved here. If you can't understand that, there's no point in debating this further.

If you read my post correctly, I never said everything was on the level. This has nothing to do with being naive or being a conspiracy theorist. This has to do with having a bare minimum of intelligence and critical thinking. Some people believe lots of games are rigged, some people think it's a few, some people think it's none. I respect all those opinions because none of them are provable, they're all theories that could or could not be true. What I do know is that believing this particular game, or any game decided by a couple plays at the end, is rigged, is being dumb.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

It's not a matter of what I believe or not, I could care less what you believe or I believe or anyone believes.

You see, your post is all theoretical. All based on some feeling or intuition you have.

I gave you a 2 + 2 = 4 argument as to why your intuition was wrong. There are no emotions involved here. If you can't understand that, there's no point in debating this further.

If you read my post correctly, I never said everything was on the level. This has nothing to do with being naive or being a conspiracy theorist. This has to do with having a bare minimum of intelligence and critical thinking. Some people believe lots of games are rigged, some people think it's a few, some people think it's none. I respect all those opinions because none of them are provable, they're all theories that could or could not be true. What I do know is that believing this particular game, or any game decided by a couple plays at the end, is rigged, is being dumb.
    Did you watch this game?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I've been watching the NBA for over 30 years. I know a game that isn't on the level when I see one. Sometimes, a team totally tanks. Sometimes, it's just a play or two. Sometimes, it's a crooked ref. Sometimes, it's a game like this that slowly melts into a blown cover, right down to Collison's turnover at the end.

Again, I couldn't care less about the outcome of this one, other than feeling bad for Kings +7.5 or +8 backers. Right side turned into the wrong side, and it wasn't a mere coincidence.

Seto

Did you watch this game?
    I watched enough to see John Wall miss a makeable shot that would've handed the Kings the cover. And that's all I need to know. I could care less what happened after that because everything that happened after that was conditional on Wall missing that shot.

I used to be blind and never think about anything and cry fix every time I saw a play at the end of the game where I thought a player was point-shaving. I mean look, if you tell me Darren Collison realised his buddy had the Wizards on the spread and figured "fukk it, we can't win anymore I'll at least let the guy get his money", I'd tell you you're pushing it but at least it'd be within the realm of possibilities. What you're telling me is that all along, from tip-off, everyone decided to make sure the Wizards would win this game by exactly 8 points. If that's what you believe, seek help.

Seto

I've been watching the NBA for over 30 years. I know a game that isn't on the level when I see one. Sometimes, a team totally tanks. Sometimes, it's just a play or two. Sometimes, it's a crooked ref. Sometimes, it's a game like this that slowly melts into a blown cover, right down to Collison's turnover at the end.

Again, I couldn't care less about the outcome of this one, other than feeling bad for Kings +7.5 or +8 backers. Right side turned into the wrong side, and it wasn't a mere coincidence.
    Oh just stop it. You don't "know" anything. It's all intuition and feeling.

Has Donald Trump gotten into you guys' heads so much that now you think all your intuitions and feelings are realities?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I watched enough to see John Wall miss a makeable shot that would've handed the Kings the cover. And that's all I need to know. I could care less what happened after that because everything that happened after that was conditional on Wall missing that shot.

I used to be blind and never think about anything and cry fix every time I saw a play at the end of the game where I thought a player was point-shaving. I mean look, if you tell me Darren Collison realised his buddy had the Wizards on the spread and figured "fukk it, we can't win anymore I'll at least let the guy get his money", I'd tell you you're pushing it but at least it'd be within the realm of possibilities. What you're telling me is that all along, from tip-off, everyone decided to make sure the Wizards would win this game by exactly 8 points. If that's what you believe, seek help.
    So let me get this straight: the only way a game is ever fixed to cover a certain number is if a team completely tanks from the start? Other than that, everything we see is on the level and these numbers are just overwhelmingly sharp?

Wow. I guess I watch different games than you do.

Seto

Anyway, I've wasted enough time here. I've made my point sufficiently clear that anyone sufficiently intelligent to comprehend it will. There's no need for me to keep trying to drum it in.

I've done a fairly good job with the "don't argue with idiots online" thing. Today was a weak moment. Ugh.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Oh just stop it. You don't "know" anything. It's all intuition and feeling.
    You're right. This was all just a big coincidence that the Kings happened to lose by exactly 8 points when all was said and done tonight. Despite the fourth quarter tank. Despite Collison's gaffe. Despite Sacramento completely rolling over in the last 2:30 or whatever, when they didn't score a single point.

It was all on the level.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Anyway, I've wasted enough time here. I've made my point sufficiently clear that anyone sufficiently intelligent to comprehend it will. There's no need for me to keep trying to drum it in.

I've done a fairly good job with the "don't argue with idiots online" thing. Today was a weak moment. Ugh.
    I'm not interested in continuing this discussion either, given I didn't have a penny on this game. I couldn't care less if the Kings covered or not. I'm just posting what I saw, from the eyes of a gambler who knows a line and watches a game magically transpire and go exactly down to a number out of nowhere.

Yankfan4life2
    Update your status
    Yankfan4life2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5374

So let me get this straight: the only way a game is ever fixed to cover a certain number is if a team completely tanks from the start? Other than that, everything we see is on the level and these numbers are just overwhelmingly sharp?

Wow. I guess I watch different games than you do.
    As someone who knows sports are rigged/scripted, I try and take full advantage of certain marquee games and can spot a rig job from a mile away (super easy to see in football), but I totally read this game wrong. Refs were calling every foul on the wiz early on in the 4th and was certain that they were pulling for the kings upset. I see your point 100% tho but idk if it was a blatant rig job. I think kings just really suck lol but respect your view either way.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

This is one of the best threads in the history of the SBR.

I was on Kings (or Queens) +7.5 and ML. A few minutes before gametime, the line moved in favor of the Wizards from 7.5 to 8 points. I foolishly felt so good about my bets at the end of the 3rd quarter. Now the rest is history.
    Rigged job.

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

What if Morris, an 80% FT shooter, had missed the free throw? I would say totals is where "rigging" by officials would have more influence.

simon2012
    simon2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2204

Could well off been..#NBA* STEAM MOVE :
    515) WASHINGTON
    Sharp Crew Picked Off the 7.5's Available in #Vegas -
    via Cantor, Stations, MGM/Mirage, & Stations

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Take a look at the line movement and the line in WAS/SAC. Then re-watch the game, particularly in the fourth quarter and OT.

Remember, this game was being offered at both 7.5 and 8.5 at one point.

Yes. Nets game was a pretty bad rig job as well. Tried to live bet Washington when they were down 15 because I was that confident that they would win because those ML bets on Sac would be crippling to the books. But of course, they conveniently didn't release any live lines after halftime "for some odd reason"

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

There are a ton of games. This is bound to happen every now and then....crazy covers that is.

I didn't watch the game but if it was rigged, I doubt the "riggers" would have wanted Wall to take a shot to win the game in the fourth. I doubt it would have ever gotten to that.

I can buy into refs being shady and rigging games, it's happened. I can't buy into John Wall, a millionaire, risking his career so some schmuck can win a few thousand.

I had the Grizzlies ML several years ago blow a 20 point lead with a little over five minutes to go in the game and lose by 1 point.

I also had OKC ML and Chicago ML in the playoffs several years ago. Both teams blew 15 point leads under 5 minutes to go on back to back nights to Miami and Dallas at home.

Yeah, it sucks, but it happens. If they're going to rig it, don't you think they wouldn't make it that razor sharp? They wouldn't really on Wall to miss a jump shot.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    There are a ton of games. This is bound to happen every now and then....crazy covers that is.

I didn't watch the game but if it was rigged, I doubt the "riggers" would have wanted Wall to take a shot to win the game in the fourth. I doubt it would have ever gotten to that.

I can buy into refs being shady and rigging games, it's happened. I can't buy into John Wall, a millionaire, risking his career so some schmuck can win a few thousand.

I had the Grizzlies ML several years ago blow a 20 point lead with a little over five minutes to go in the game and lose by 1 point.

I also had OKC ML and Chicago ML in the playoffs several years ago. Both teams blew 15 point leads under 5 minutes to go on back to back nights to Miami and Dallas at home.

Yeah, it sucks, but it happens. If they're going to rig it, don't you think they wouldn't make it that razor sharp? They wouldn't really on Wall to miss a jump shot.
    Watch the 4th qtr of that game again, and then watch the 4th qtr of the Dallas vs Brooklyn game last night.. they might as well have been sponsored by Gillette the way they were shaving out there. Didn't lose on either (won on Brooklyn) because this is not my first rodeo. Learn the trends and you can win a lot off this

PrinceD
    PrinceD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up & see the Wizards covered! Had them -7 bought the 1/2 point.

Finally on the right side of these 'bad beats'.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Bunch of idiots on this forum.. A game can be rigged without every single person being in on it. The mob don't need 100% of the jury to rig a court case, just 1 or 2 influential pieces -same thing here. I had sac+8 and no, I don't think it was rigged, rather the Kings just can't hold a lead. If that's too far out to believe then gambling isn't for you.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i honestly feel sorry for the people that don't think some games are rigged. How stupid can you be...

vegaschulo
    vegaschulo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2689

Not all games are rigged but i do believe most are LOL..just like SB 50broncos win or SB 51 pats win oh and yes cavs win 4st8 to win NBA finals thats a classic. ..

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Coin

When I saw this thread I thought it's about the Mavs v Nets ending.

Mavs up 16 with 2 min left. Then up 12 with 40 sec left. Mavs call TO even though game is over. Nets score 2 + 1 and cover.

12 Last