TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Feb 1 - The Daily Breakdown

YTD 13-11 +4.95u
    NHL 8-5 (+6.45u)
    NBA 5-5 (+0.70u)
    NFL 0-1 (-2.20u)

Rough night at the office last night with the first reverse sweep of the year...
    Blues couldn't get it done as they dominated for the most part of the game and couldn't finish. Raptors almost let the game slip away from them, yet could've covered in OT alone if they didn't miss a few wide open shots.

Anyway, moving on!

Atlanta Hawks vs. Miami Heat // Feb 1
    From beyond the arc
    The Atlanta Hawks are taking on the Miami Heat in South Beach tonight in an Eastern Conference clash. The Hawks (28-20) find themselves in fifth in the East but a place at the top of the leaderboard is becoming more and more achievable each day. The Heat (19-30) are near the bottom of the conference but have caught everyone’s attention as of late.

Birds of prey

The Hawks are 4.5 games back from the East-leading Cleveland Cavaliers and are 6-4 in their last 10 games. Two games separates them and the Boston Celtics for second in the conference, so every game is as important as its ever been.
    Whether they are at home or on the road, the Hawks have been consistent. Both their home and away records sit at 14-10 and tonight they can become the fifth team with more wins on the road than at home if they take care of business in Miami. The Hawks have rode a superior defence all season. While their offence is below average, the team has a top-ten defence and gives up an average of 104 points per game.

The team should be well rested after their four-overtime victory on Sunday, and need to be ready to play against this scorching Heat squad.

Southern heat

No team in the NBA is hotter than the Miami Heat. Excuse the obvious pun, but in all seriousness, it’s the truth. The Heat have won eight in a row and have won six in a row at home, which has drastically improved their home record to 11-13 on the season.
    It might be a low scoring affair tonight. And though the Hawks present a stiff defence, the Heat’s is even better. For a team that has been performing so poorly for most of the season, it’s surprising to see that they have the seventh best defence in the league and average 102 points against.

The Final Breakdown

People may see the Hawks as the pick here, but don’t discount what the Heat are doing at the moment. Take advantage while you can.

Miami Heat -1.5 (-110) 1u

terrenceross
    terrenceross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

How is Miami doing this... Richardson and Winslow out. No wade anymore.

As a raptors fan, I remember recently when Atl came into town and schooled a scorching hot raps team. A raps team that had really great defence over their hot stretch.

When I look at the lineups, its just a no brainer that the value is with ATL at 2.10. It just seems like the books are begging people to ride the heat in this one.

Any other reason why u like the heat other than they have been playing good defence at home? What matchups favor them?

TheDB

Quote Originally Posted by terrenceross View Post
    How is Miami doing this... Richardson and Winslow out. No wade anymore.

As a raptors fan, I remember recently when Atl came into town and schooled a scorching hot raps team. A raps team that had really great defence over their hot stretch.

When I look at the lineups, its just a no brainer that the value is with ATL at 2.10. It just seems like the books are begging people to ride the heat in this one.

Any other reason why u like the heat other than they have been playing good defence at home? What matchups favor them?
    I know exactly what game you're talking about, Terrence! I'm a Raps fan as well. The Hawks do seem to struggle when playing fast-break teams. From what I've seen, most of the money has been coming in on the Hawks. A few stats that have also pointed in Miami's favour are that Atlanta are 8-12 ATS at Miami, 1-7 ATS as a 1-3 pt dog @ Miami... I've started taking those trends into account as of last year and have seen success. I used to strictly base my capping off of matchups and noticed that I was often getting screwed.

The line movement does have me asking questions, as the Hawks opened as 2 point favs, so you may be right in saying the books want more Heat money... I'm going to stick with Miami here. Best of luck with whatever you choose, and I apologize if I didn't answer your question as thoroughly as you'd hoped.

TheDB

Miami absolutely wiped the floor with Atlanta! Monayyyyy +1u