RetiredinPunta
    RetiredinPunta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

NBA 4th quarter......killing most of my bets.

After reaching 100th play of the NBA season so far (all point spreads) i am sitting at 54%. Its better than losing but i lost insane amount of game in the 4th quarter. If all games ended after 3rd quarter my hit rate would be whopping 74.5%. If i had played all games at half time lines my hit rate would be around 62%. 4th quarter never works in my favor, doesn't matter if i am on favorite or underdog.

Same thing last season. Since last season, i am getting buried in the 4th quarter...

Today I had Detroit -4.5 and Utah +5.5. Both looked very good until 4th quarter.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

those #'s are pretty amazing....

u on bad teams, underdogs and/or road teams alot?... cause nba Q4 is huge for good teams and/or home teams.. it seems like the last 2 years that GSW is constantly having highly competitive games but then look at their record.

ATOMICPUNK
    ATOMICPUNK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know what you mean. I had the Rockets -8. Looked good after the 3rd, but then the Rockets went cold in the 4th.

RetiredinPunta

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    those #'s are pretty amazing....

u on bad teams, underdogs and/or road teams alot?... cause nba Q4 is huge for good teams and/or home teams.. it seems like the last 2 years that GSW is constantly having highly competitive games but then look at their record.
    Not just bad teams. It doesn't matter who i am on, last two years i get buried in the 4th quarter. If i am on a good team favorite, they go to sleep in the 4th quarter giving backdoor or sometimes losing straight up. If i am on the dog, the favorite will pull ahead in the 4th quarter. Its unreal!

Another odd thing that is happening to me since last year is in NHL. Normally when i play odds worse than -110 in nhl, i will play reg time only at -0.5 spread which gives nicer odds. If i play the dog, i will play them including overtime moneyline. So when i play the favorite as -0.5 in reg time....happened 29 times so far this season. 20 of those freaking games went to overtime! 12 of the times my team won in over time/shootout and 8 times it lost. But for me all 20 were losers since its -0.5 in reg time. Fortunately my dog plays are doing well to show small profit in nhl overall. But its ridiculous how almost every game that i pick as -0.5 reg time goes to over time. last year it happened around similar clip.

It feels like its getting hard and the results are so random. capping gotten so hard. i used to do well in these sports in these sports. now i only have good edge in college football. nba and nhl used to be so easy for me but not the results seem more arbitory and impossible to cap.

vegaschulo
    vegaschulo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2689

I know all about it..the other night i had nuggets(-4.5) at clippers paul was out..i had the nuggets..nugs was up by 17 at the half..then at the 4th clips tied it up..nuggets won by 4 SMH..KILLED by the hook LOL..

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

I had detroit too

kgindy
    kgindy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4845

Yeah I've been killing 1Q and 1H I rarely do full game anymore. In college had UCLA and got lucky I bought 1/2 PT. How can you be up 22 with 6 mins left and you are in the double bonus and can't cover 10.5 smh.

RetiredinPunta

And got buried again in the 4th quarter. My minnesota +5 looked great going into 4th quarter but got buried.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredinPunta View Post
    And got buried again in the 4th quarter. My minnesota +5 looked great going into 4th quarter but got buried.
    Minnesota is one of the worst 4th quarter teams in the nba especially on the road. Wizards +135 start of the 4q was a steal.

RetiredinPunta

Raptors +2.5 and moneyline today looked good from the beginning and got screwed for me.

I had 3 nba bets. raptors, phoenix +8.5 and Lakers -2.

Lets see if my 4th quarter burial continues. i have 2 units on lakers.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Raptors +2.5 and moneyline today looked good from the beginning and got screwed for me.

I had 3 nba bets. raptors, phoenix +8.5 and Lakers -2.

Lets see if my 4th quarter burial continues. i have 2 units on lakers.
    You know the raptors played an overtime game last night right? Legs have to give out eventually.

jsdjason
    jsdjason's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Quote Originally Posted by mohye1980 View Post
    You know the raptors played an overtime game last night right? Legs have to give out eventually.
    Rockets are now 26-13 ATS. Vegas still doesn't realize they are a juggernaut.

TimeTraveler75
    TimeTraveler75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1392

Quote Originally Posted by jsdjason View Post
    Rockets are now 26-13 ATS. Vegas still doesn't realize they are a juggernaut.
    They do realize it, but they go off of the perspective and thinking of the general public, take a look at Gonzaga for college basketball, i think they are something like 15-0 ATS

JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

If all games ended after 3rd quarter my hit rate would be whopping 74.5%.
    If all games ended after 3, my unders would be 99%.

JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Do you track your plays here? We can all fade you 4Q