lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Time for Boston to fire Rivers

The guy cant motivate this team. They need a new guy to make these old farts listen. They tuned him out ages ago.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

please.....they were rolling pierce had 11 before the quarter was over when caron butler tackled him at the ankles and rolled his ankles....only to steal the ball and have no foul call.

mkasad23
    mkasad23's Avatar Become A Pro!

no man fans need patience same shit was being said about del negro and now people stopped talking about it theyr just in a slump right now theyll turn things around sooner or later

SOUP
    One game at a Time.
    SOUP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1803

People are so ignorant.

mkasad23

lakerboy much respect but the guys a baller we all need patience and give the guy room to do his thang he'll come around

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The guy cant motivate this team. They need a new guy to make these old farts listen. They tuned him out ages ago.
    Totally disagree. They need to fire those old farts. He can't gain a step for the "Old Folks Home", good day

Sumo
    Sumo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Had a lot of units on Celtics -2.5 at half. 9 fukkin turnovers. What a joke. I'm over with betting on those spineless turds in green.

Ralphie1412

POUND THE 2nd half.....pierce is back, he was going off until that ****ing monkey butler cheap shoted him.

mkasad23

same exact shit was being said about the bulls till they turned things around the celtics won the nba championship give them some room

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Don't Blame Rivers because Pierce is a huge liability for this so-called "dynasty".

lakerboy

Rivers isnt a good coach. He won the title with a great great team that had 3 future hall of fame players. They have some health issues but im sorry good Boston teams dont lose that many home games in one season.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

Lakerboy, who do you like coming out of the east this year? Magic and C's seem down this year. I was thinking about putting future bets down on Hawks or Cavs to win the east? Your thoughts?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Cav's are going to win the East barring Lebron getting injured.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Lakerboy, who do you like coming out of the east this year? Magic and C's seem down this year. I was thinking about putting future bets down on Hawks or Cavs to win the east? Your thoughts?

It would be hard for the cavs not to win. I wont bet against tehm. The hawks arent there quite yet. The magic are still dangerous but not as good as last year. Boston is good for 1 round

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you're jumping the gun on this one buddy

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Or maybe it was a joke and I didn't get it?

Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2001

I'm enjoying them falling apart, after all they used the Miami heat formula for winning a title. One and Done. I can't blame Rivers though, I'm not sure how much control he has over personnel but letting James Posey get away was stupid. But as a Laker fan I love the move. I know Ive said it before but they are basically the 03-04 Lakers and they wont go as far. We wouldnt even be having this discussion if McChale didn't send KG to his former team.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

The "Old Folks Home" does smell bad these days. I don't like the Cavs but they come out of the East

mkasad23

raptors are going to be the cindarella story this year in the nba

Quagmire27
    Quagmire27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Doc is a sub-par coach, imo the players motivated & coached themselves to that title.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Agreed

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire27 View Post
    Doc is a sub-par coach, imo the players motivated & coached themselves to that title.

Well said. People who know the NBA know he isnt a good coach.

genius
    genius's Avatar Become A Pro!

2X Coach Of The Year
    i like doc he put up with diva ass t-mac

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dock "CLUTCH!!" rivers!

The Oddsbreaker
    The Oddsbreaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to respectfully disagree. Doc is not the problem. I'm a season tix holder and go to all of the games and I definitely believe that there's something going on in the locker room that we don't know about. There's dissension amongst the players and they have serious chemistry issues right now. After the end of last season, the story came out about what Rondo did on the team plane after a game. He called a players only meeting and ripped into Peirce, KG and Allen for being too hard on the rest of the team (and some other things that I just can't recall right now) and he apparently got some other players to say things that they later admitted they didn't really mean. According to Doc, it created a big rift between some players.

I don't know for a fact but I believe Rondo has something to do with it this year too. He has a very strong personallity and believes this should be his team. Now that he's running it and it's starting to look like his team, his stats are up and he's certainly playing well but the team chemistry is no where near wher it was when they were rattling off all of those consecutive wins earlier in the season.

You could say that Doc should be able to fix the problem and that it's his job to do so but with all of these strong personalities, it's a lot easier said than done.

I do agree that with all of the talent and depth on this team there is no way they should be playing like they are but the man who got them all to play together in year one, so much so that they won a championship, didn't all of the sudden forget how to properly motivate them.

The comradery just isn't there and you can't win a championship without it...

Ralphie1412

you guys are so full of shit its insane. Only thing you guys are correct about is that they are old. Yes Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Garnett are old. Teams like that have little skids during the season but they will turn it on at the end of the season. I never heard any of you say anything the last 2 years.

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

Rivers isnt a good coach. He won the title with a great great team that had 3 future hall of fame players. They have some health issues but im sorry good Boston teams dont lose that many home games in one season.
    If Paul Pierce goes to the Hall of Fame, then it's a joke.

The Oddsbreaker
    The Oddsbreaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well said. People who know the NBA know he isnt a good coach.

LB, to say that he isn't a good coach is a bit of an overstatement when he has 2 coach of the year trophies and a championship ring under his belt. He isn't a great coach and sometimes he makes you scratch your head but he's definitely a good one.

Let me ask you this, is Phil Jackson a good coach? I mean he's only coached the best player in the league for every single championship he's won - he's never won one without the best player in the league on his team.

The arguement for the celtics players being the reason for winning is not well said because you can't pick and choose when it's the coaches or when it's the players who are responsible. You need great players to win a championship but having great players doesn't guarantee it.

maseda17
    maseda17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Thibodeau is the best coach on the staff. That said I don't think the lack of resigning Posey is the difference. He is a 4 year 25m player to you? Sure he was instrumental in their championship season but thats a pretty big # for what he brings. Had they done it they most definetly wouldn't have signed Rasheed who you can criticize now but I believe will play a big role in the playoffs. This is a team that will be a tough out in the playoffs due to their defense and if they don't run into Atlanta they have a good chance to come out of the east. It will be interesting to see if they can move this big expiring deal that Allen holds.

robertg
    robertg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

[quote=lakerboy;3095888]Well said. People who know the NBA know he isnt a good coach.[/quote

I guess the Boston Celtics front office doesn't know the NBA???????

tommyminh
    tommyminh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1057

hope u right

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by The Oddsbreaker View Post
    LB, to say that he isn't a good coach is a bit of an overstatement when he has 2 coach of the year trophies and a championship ring under his belt. He isn't a great coach and sometimes he makes you scratch your head but he's definitely a good one.

Let me ask you this, is Phil Jackson a good coach? I mean he's only coached the best player in the league for every single championship he's won - he's never won one without the best player in the league on his team.

The arguement for the celtics players being the reason for winning is not well said because you can't pick and choose when it's the coaches or when it's the players who are responsible. You need great players to win a championship but having great players doesn't guarantee it.

I thought Lebron was the best player in the league last year.

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Doc rivers isn't the problem. This team shouldn't have to be motivated. Give me a break. Their abunch of veterans on this squad. If they can't get up to play they should retire.

lakerboy

[quote=robertg;3101310]
    Well said. People who know the NBA know he isnt a good coach.[/quote

I guess the Boston Celtics front office doesn't know the NBA???????

You do realize that he has a .500 career playoff record. The boston front office has produced 1 NBA title in 22 years, less than houston so whats your point?

1234 ... Last