djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

Durant did the right thing

All of you would've done the same. Year after year of let down only to watch lesser stars win championships it only makes sense to got to an established, youthful, power house core like Golden State. Warriors play position less basketball...Durant isn't a true 3 anymore and has never been a true 4 either.

Why hate on a dude who wants win and win NOW?? And of course...there are NO guarantees he will win there. He's creeping up to 30 years of age isn't getting any faster or more athletic last time I checked.

Be happy for the guy people!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Yes he did, he just wants to win. Everybody on this board would have did the same exact thing.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

No it was a big mistake. It doesn't bother me too much -I want parity but there will always be a frontrunner. He will regret it. If he won a championship in OKC it would have been special. Just like if James had won a championship in Cleveland without running to Miami first it would have been special. That opportunity is gone for ever. That's the broader picture imv. Romance is dead in sports.

djpremier36

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    No it was a big mistake. It doesn't bother me too much -I want parity but there will always be a frontrunner. He will regret it. If he won a championship in OKC it would have been special. Just like if James had won a championship in Cleveland without running to Miami first it would have been special. That opportunity is gone for ever. That's the broader picture imv. Romance is dead in sports.
    I love parody too but we as fans fall in love with the individual players and their "legacies" because of what Jordan did in his career. NOBODY cared about a legacy before MJ.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by djpremier36 View Post
    All of you would've done the same. Year after year of let down only to watch lesser stars win championships it only makes sense to got to an established, youthful, power house core like Golden State. Warriors play position less basketball...Durant isn't a true 3 anymore and has never been a true 4 either.

Why hate on a dude who wants win and win NOW?? And of course...there are NO guarantees he will win there. He's creeping up to 30 years of age isn't getting any faster or more athletic last time I checked.

Be happy for the guy people!
    Jordan wouldn't. He lost to Detroit and started an off-season workout program to get better. He put in work, came back and beat Detroit.

Kobe lost to Boston and came back stronger than ever and redeemed himself by beating Boston.

Stockton and Malone wouldn't.

Reggie Miller wouldn't.

Charles Barkley wouldn't.

Hell, Lebron redeemed himself this year and this year's win is what cemented his legacy

Part of winning a championship is putting in work. It's not easy.

He'll probably win a ring but now it's expected. He took the easier route. He pussed out. He backed down from the challenge.

He had all of the pieces to win in OKC and he couldn't close the deal being the superstar.

He doesn't care what I think but even if he wins I think it won't be the same for a lot of the fans of the game. He is expected to win now. Any bring else is a total failure.

This is the equivalent to buying a championship.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

It's all subjective of course. Says a lot about you as a person with what you would do in his situation. If rings & legacy are pinnacle for you then of course you think he was right.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

When things get tough, people's real character come through. You either persevere and get better or you fold.

I think we all know what happened here.

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Jordan wouldn't. He lost to Detroit and started an off-season workout program to get better. He put in work, came back and beat Detroit.

Kobe lost to Boston and came back stronger than ever and redeemed himself by beating Boston.

Reggie Miller wouldn't.

Hell, Lebron redeemed himself this year and this year's win is what cemented his legacy

He'll probably win a ring but now it's expected. He took the easier route. He pussed out. He backed down from the challenge.

He had all of the pieces to win in OKC and he couldn't close the deal being the superstar.

He doesn't care what I think but even if he wins I think it won't be the same for a lot of the fans of the game. He is expected to win now. Any bring else is a total failure.

you can put in all the work you want but if your skill sucks you cant win shiet.. lebron win cuz hes big and fast with good basketball iq. he can play defense and offense, unlike most of the average player who only have one skill.

djpremier36

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

Reggie Miller wouldn't.

I wasn't talking players from the 80's and 90's, i was talking us fans. Durant put 9 years of work into that franchise and put them on the map again. He doesn't owe anybody anything IMO.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

GOATbrook is going to bounce too.