BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

If Durant wins a ring next year....so what?

He'll still be the guy that couldn't "lead" a team loaded with the most talent in the NBA to a championship.

OKC has the talent and Durant was the man. Instead of embracing it and working hard in the off-season, he took the easy way out. Stephen A. Smith said it best....

"Y'all heard the news: Kevin Durant has decided to leave OKC for GSW. Let me be clear: this is the weakest move I've seen from a superstar!

Not once! Not Twice! But three times....Durant was 48 minutes away from a berth to the NBA Finals and OKC couldn't get it done. They're still title contenders. Still in position to win. And you leave to jump on the bandwagon and join GSW????

I'm sorry. It's weak.

It doesn't make Durant a bad guy. It doesn't make him any less a player. But
    it does dilute to notion of him as a champion.

Plain & Simple."

BigDofBA

Going to the Warriors to get your first ring is like sleeping with a hooker to lose your virginity.

What happens if the Warriors lose in the WCF to the Spurs?

What happens if Curry gets hurt and they have no depth?

I'll bump this when they lose next year.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

He's gonna get his rings with GS. In the end, that's all that probably matters to him. We get so caught up with what the media and others will think, but he's taking the "f\*\*k them" mentality. He just can't get mad when people treat him as the bad guy now, which they will.

BigDofBA

If he signed a one year deal and then left after next season when Westbrook's contract was up, I would understand.

Hell, if he just thought things had run their course in OKC and he needed "a new challenge", I could have lived with him going to a place like Boston this year.

Going to the Warriors isn't a "new challenge" like Durant said. It's running away from "the" challenge.

I fail to see how joining up with a 73 team that won a title two years ago, a team you just choked away a 3-1 series lead to, is going to help your legacy even if you get a ring.

If something happens and they don't win can you imagine the fall out on social media? It will be epic.

Durant had everything he needed to win in OKC and
    couldn't deliver. He isn't mentally strong enough to be "the guy".

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

He probably doesn't care what people really think about him. He just wants a ring. By going to State, he gives himself the best chance at winning one. It was a pussy move no doubt, but I understand it.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    He probably doesn't care what people really think about him. He just wants a ring. By going to State, he gives himself the best chance at winning one. It was a pussy move no doubt, but I understand it.
    I get it but part of getting the ring and why it's so important is the challenge.

It's going to take the luster off of it to most of the public.

If he thinks getting a ring this way will help his legacy I don't think he gets it.

If he really didn't care what people thought, I don't think he would have taken the easier route against a team he just choked against. It seems like he thinks a ring is important no matter the cost.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-04-16 at 08:03 PM.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Take a break. It's just basketball. If he's soft and the reason OKC choked, then why the anger?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Take a break. It's just basketball. If he's soft and the reason OKC choked, then why the anger?
    You're right.

I'm just pissed because he gave up and let the franchise in a shitty spot when they were so close.

That's life though. These players say the right things but they really don't care about the people that pay to watch them play. I shouldn't be surprised.