BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

What's up with all of these excuses now?

When Curry came back and dropped 40 on Portland, no one complained he was injured.

He is just flat out getting dominated by Westbrook. Curry is gassed from guarding Westbrook and it's hurting his offense as a result.

Curry doesn't look hurt. Kerr says he isn't hurt. Curry says he isn't hurt.

Quit with those excuses.

Is Green hurt? Is Thompson hurt? Is Iguodola hurt?

OKC is just outplaying them so far. I'm sick of hearing these excuses when the Warriors had an easy road last year facing a bunch of depleted teams.
    Points Awarded:

Jaak Varblane gave BigDofBA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NBA Maniac

Jaak Varblane
    Jaak Varblane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

We get it, we get it. OKC is awesome
    (and yes I am a little bit bitter)

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Lebron and kyrie going to outplay kd and russ too will beawesome

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

I've been waiting for this. Curry is a frail little PG, just beat him up in a 7-game series and he'll wear down.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

raped*

jz833
    jz833's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6093

Looking like last year was a fluke after all.

BigDofBA

Curry is a great player and very deserving of the MVP this year.

Golden State is a really good team.

With all that said, the story should be more about what OKC is accomplishing. OKC is winning the game. It's not a case of the Warriors handing it to them or being injured.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Pretty much every article I've read has given all the credit to OKC...

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

i agree with everything but i do think curry is hurt. not bad, but enough to take away a bit of the quickness that he typically uses to get off shots. he does not have the same quick stepback that has gotten him so many open looks. i saw him last night trying to shake someone (cant remember the defender) and he didnt look like the same player..

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    i agree with everything but i do think curry is hurt. not bad, but enough to take away a bit of the quickness that he typically uses to get off shots. he does not have the same quick stepback that has gotten him so many open looks. i saw him last night trying to shake someone (cant remember the defender) and he didnt look like the same player..
    hes not hurt man. maybe emotionally. no one is willing to straight up give OKC's defense props.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    hes not hurt man. maybe emotionally. no one is willing to straight up give OKC's defense props.
    We wont count this year against him, he gets a mulligan here.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    plenty of people are willing to give OKC defense credit, including myself. I have said a million times that OKC is straight up outplaying them in every aspect of the game (which includes defense), but he certainly does not look like the same player as he did pre-injury. Its not a HUGE difference. Its like 95%, but that 5% matters

BigDofBA

Most teams have to deal with some type of injuries at this point in the year.

Would you rather have your star be 95% or be completely missing players like Kyrie and Kevin Love like the Cavs last year.

OKC was missing Durant last year, Ibaka the year before and Westbrook the year before that.

It's not like Curry is injured like those guys were.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Most teams have to deal with some type of injuries at this point in the year.

Would you rather have your star be 95% or be completely missing players like Kyrie and Kevin Love like the Cavs last year.

OKC was missing Durant last year, Ibaka the year before and Westbrook the year before that.

It's not like Curry is injured like those guys were.
    this is not what im talking about.. you took what i said and turned it into "would you rather be missing your star player or have him at 95%?"

Im not even going to answer your comment because its just off topic completely

BigDofBA

this is not what im talking about.. you took what i said and turned it into "would you rather be missing your star player or have him at 95%?"

Im not even going to answer your comment because its just off topic completely
    Dude, it's a message board. Conversations go down different paths.

If you're not going to respond, fine, don't respond but don't waste the time posting that you're not going to respond. Lol

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

What's up with all of these excuses now?

When Curry came back and dropped 40 on Portland, no one complained he was injured.

He is just flat out getting dominated by Westbrook. Curry is gassed from guarding Westbrook and it's hurting his offense as a result.

Curry doesn't look hurt. Kerr says he isn't hurt. Curry says he isn't hurt.

Quit with those excuses.

Is Green hurt? Is Thompson hurt? Is Iguodola hurt?

OKC is just outplaying them so far. I'm sick of hearing these excuses when the Warriors had an easy road last year facing a bunch of depleted teams.
    Media has invested time and energy in this man...convincing the public that his success is in fact not a result of moving screens and a lack of hand checking and physical defense...He is the anti-Lebron...the glass is half full....Lebron, KD and Westbrook would not be afforded such excuses...but Curry is the new face of the league...he appeals to all of the fans who despise Lebron...so excuses will be plentiful....

The casual fan is too stupid to realize that the refs have simply chosen to ignore all the physical defense going on with the switches...which now results in Klay and Curry no longer being as open as they used to be....Draymond has been neutralized by the refs...tripped by Westbrook and they completely ignore it....The lord giveth and the lord taketh...LOL...so now the excuses come out to save face...as the MEDIA is fully complicit in this Golden State Farce....and must now come up with "REASONS" why Curry is not dominating...
    Last edited by Menses; 05-25-16 at 08:16 PM.

iloseagain

Dude, it's a message board. Conversations go down different paths.

If you're not going to respond, fine, don't respond but don't waste the time posting that you're not going to respond. Lol
    well we were talking about how curry looks and you turn it into "every team has injuries." Okay i know every team has injuries but thats not what we were talking about. We were talking about curry.. Then you tried to justify Curry being at 95% with "everyone has players at 95%" or whatever.. I just dont understand how it went from one thing to that

iloseagain

not a big deal, i just like when the convo stays on topic

BigDofBA

not a big deal, i just like when the convo stays on topic
    No problem. I actually like Curry as a player. I think people understand what I'm trying to say.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Everyone on TV or radio I listen to and respect has been giving the Thunder all the credit they deserve.

I am happy for them and want them to continue on this path.

BigD, you of all people here should sit back and enjoy this sick run with a sly smile on your face.
    Maybe even chirp a little at guys like louiseLouise if OKC takes it to the Cavs.

Hope you are cashing some tickets as well.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Everyone on TV or radio I listen to and respect has been giving the Thunder all the credit they deserve.

I am happy for them and want them to continue on this path.

BigD, you of all people here should sit back and enjoy this sick run with a sly smile on your face.
    Maybe even chirp a little at guys like louiseLouise if OKC takes it to the Cavs.

Hope you are cashing some tickets as well.
    I guess I was mainly referring to some of the comments on this board and some of the comments by commentators, specifically Reggie Miller.

Curry missed a shot when he drove in on Ibaka and Miller basically said he had to be hurt or he would have made it.

I didn't want Green suspended bc I didn't want any excuses as to why OKC won. I want them to play the best.

iloseagain

theres nothing i want to see more than the cavs to lose in the finals because of louiselouise lol

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

theres nothing i want to see more than the cavs to lose in the finals because of louiselouise lol
    Same. Although I think it's a bad matchup for OKC

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

penetrate Le Bum and Chicken Curry, OKC for the win !

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Same. Although I think it's a bad matchup for OKC
    lebron will do what he always does in the finals and kyrie has 0 chance of locking up westbrook.. westbrook will dominate that series.

i know lebron has owned KD in his career but OKC is a different team now than they were the last time

BigDofBA

Cavs are a bad matchup for OKC. Hopefully OKC can win one more against State and see if they've really turned the corner.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i do think matchup favors Cavs... would be tough for OKC

but will be tough for Cavs also.. i just think edge to Cleveland

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

From a neutral observer, no offense Big D OKC and Ratzz the Cavalier, this appears to now be OKC's year--- ain't nobody stoppin dem.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    From a neutral observer, no offense Big D OKC and Ratzz the Cavalier, this appears to now be OKC's year--- ain't nobody stoppin dem.
    hey B,

i must respectfully disagree here.. Cavs ain't 'nobodies'...

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    hey B,

i must respectfully disagree here.. Cavs ain't 'nobodies'...
    That's why they play the games, then we can bragg. Buuuttt, I won't brag that much in this case since your limbic system is a bit affected.

Overreact
    Overreact's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's the point. Curry should defend Andre Roberson not Westbrook.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

the story should be more about what OKC is accomplishing. OKC is winning the game. It's not a case of the Warriors handing it to them or being injured.
    Hard to look at all this objectively as a Warriors fan but this is the truth. OKC's been goin bananas and the talk seems to be more about the Spurs and Warriors shittin the bed than how well OKC has been playing.

Watchin these games though man I just keep thinking can Westbrook really play this hard every game without burning out/getting injured?? I mean I know he's an animal but goddamn...
    Last edited by DUBnation; 05-26-16 at 04:34 AM.

TTA_President
    TTA_President's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Goldenstate wins today, goes six games at least

DOM-Ganador

I guess I was mainly referring to some of the comments on this board and some of the comments by commentators, specifically Reggie Miller.

Curry missed a shot when he drove in on Ibaka and Miller basically said he had to be hurt or he would have made it.

I didn't want Green suspended bc I didn't want any excuses as to why OKC won. I want them to play the best.
    Yeah man, good attitude.
    Weiner Greeny was chirping a little about Steph being injured. Now I kinda see you original point.
    IF, OKC does hoist the "LARRY" , they must go down as an all-time type team taking down 67,73 and
    LBJ. Compared to who GSW had to beat, shit is epic.

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by DUBnation View Post
    Hard to look at all this objectively as a Warriors fan but this is the truth. OKC's been goin bananas and the talk seems to be more about the Spurs and Warriors shittin the bed than how well OKC has been playing.

Watchin these games though man I just keep thinking can Westbrook really play this hard every game without burning out/getting injured?? I mean I know he's an animal but goddamn...
    Does not surprise me in the least that he can do what he is doing. Tons of rest between games, hasn`t had a btb in forever.
    The efficiency is certainly unexpected, but playoff basketball should always be played at this effort.

12 Last