POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Blazers +295

Isn't this a decent bet? Does anyone actually think the Clippers aren't playoff choke artist garbage? Doesn't Lillard take over this series by himself while Chris Paul once again looks like a little bitch? And we're getting nearly 3:1?

This is the NBA playoffs. The best player on the floor, by faaaaar, is getting 3:1 on the series price against the most inept postseason team in professional sports history? I don't get it.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

I agree but in order for the Blazers to win you're asking a horrible road team to win 2 road games.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Blazers cannot defend anybody in the 4Q.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13461

How to lose betting 101:
    Make generalizations about previous performances.

Your only as good as your last transaction and your last transaction doesn't even count...

Clippers roll

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Clippers matchup very well with Portland. Be careful

POOLSIDE

I'm probably not betting it, and if I do it'll be for $100 or something just because I hate the Clippers and love watching them and their bandwagon fans lose. Plus I think very very highly of Lillard. Forget about money though, I really can't wait to see the Clippers fail yet again in the playoffs.

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

They'll beat your golden fake bandwagon this year -- book it

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
    They'll beat your golden fake bandwagon this year -- book it
    You think I'm a Warriors fan? Where did you get that idea? I don't give a shit about the Warriors. But the Clippers certainly aren't beating them. Clippers can't even beat Houston at home with a twenty point fourth quarter lead. Clippers are trash.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Blazers cannot defend anybody in the 4Q.
    hit the nail right on the head..

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13461

Playoffs it all comes down to depth. Think about how Curry has been able to sit the 4th quarter for a lot of games. depth, depth, depth. Im looking at the Blazers depth chart on espn right now and they dont have it, depth that is

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

Pool you are good and made me money but for this i think you are wrong. Clippers are more hungry this year and i see Paul dominating and the Clips dominating this series.

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

Pool didnt say this is a surefire bet, he only said with that odds it definietely has value with two not so different teams. Gotta say tho my favourite player is Lillard.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

I'm shocked the clippers aren't higher juice.

dmncnlou

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    4 versus 5 matchup. Clippers won season meeting 3-1 but CJ didn't play in 1 meeting and took a Reddick buzzer beater in another to win

POOLSIDE

Again, this thread is more to trash the Clippers than anything lol. But all you guys ready to unload on them like they're a sure thing, I don't get it. If a couple weeks from now the Clippers are at the podium with that same clueless shaking of the head, aren't you gonna wonder why the hell you ever laid heavy juice on the Clippers to win a playoff series? I'm not saying that won't win, but there's no way I can see value betting on them in the playoffs.

We're talking about the Clippers here. They hang banners for being regular season division champs, and there aren't even many of those. What's their historic peak, a few conference finals appearances? We're talking about the Clippers.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Probably a better bet should LA take game 1. Then hit Portland before game 2.

Personally, I wouldn't touch this one as the Clippers are bound to get the calls setting up a more TV-desirable match up with GS.

dmncnlou

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Again, this thread is more to trash the Clippers than anything lol. But all you guys ready to unload on them like they're a sure thing, I don't get it. If a couple weeks from now the Clippers are at the podium with that same clueless shaking of the head, aren't you gonna wonder why the hell you ever laid heavy juice on the Clippers to win a playoff series? I'm not saying that won't win, but there's no way I can see value betting on them in the playoffs.

We're talking about the Clippers here. They hang banners for being regular season division champs, and there aren't even many of those. What's their historic peak, a few conference finals appearances? We're talking about the Clippers.
    There's no value in any favorite to win a series. It's heavy juice in all series until game 3.

JayDr3am
    Handi

i really do hate the clippers cause they blow 30pt leads in 4th quarters.. ive been on some of those games where they are up 30 in the 4th and the spread is -11 and and they win by 10 because of 2 missed freethrows in the last seconds. so yes, phuck the clippers

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Never going to happen, Blazers' problem is that they have to rely too heavily on McCollum and Lillard to get them enough points to win. You'd easily need 25+ from both just about every game which they can probably do but it wont be enough.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    There's no value in any favorite to win a series. It's heavy juice in all series until game 3.
    i saw atlanta at -145.. damn i see its went up to -165.. if you arent scared to play a little juice id say this still has some value if you dont mind letting the money sit for that long.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Love to see the Blazers beat 'em but just don't see it, they don't play defense. They could of beat that run and gun Clippers of previous years but to me they've played a lot more conservative this season and it suits them. Honestly wouldn't even be shocked if the Clippers swept 'em. Lillard is going to have be lights out and CJ drilling 3s as I don't see them causing the Clips too many issues down low.

Home crowd is vocal though so if they can win at Staples with a bit of momentum who knows, they do seem a momentum team i.e the back of that all star break for awhile there.

POOLSIDE

Isn't this a decent bet? Does anyone actually think the Clippers aren't playoff choke artist garbage? Doesn't Lillard take over this series by himself while Chris Paul once again looks like a little bitch? And we're getting nearly 3:1?

This is the NBA playoffs. The best player on the floor, by faaaaar, is getting 3:1 on the series price against the most inept postseason team in professional sports history? I don't get it.
    Hey guys what did everyone have for dinner tonight? I had Thai. Green curry and some pad Thai noodles. Pretty tasty.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Hey guys what did everyone have for dinner tonight? I had Thai. Green curry and some pad Thai noodles. Pretty tasty.
    hahahaha looks sweet as hell now doesnt it?

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    hahahaha looks sweet as hell now doesnt it?
    Lol I didn't even bet it. I just hate the Clippers. I've been in la my whole life and I don't understand why we even have them. Never seen one person root for them ever until a few years ago and all of a sudden everyone's a fan. Pathetic loser franchise. This is the most Clippersy thing to happen to the Clippers since... oh yeah since last year when they blew a three hundred point lead at home with forty seconds left in a closeout game against the absolutely inept Rockets and then went on to lose the series like the garbage they are. This is perfect. Can't wait for the Lakers to be good again.
    Points Awarded:

DUBnation gave POOLSIDE 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dmncnlou

Freakin unbelievable. And my dumb Azz bet with the Clippers! Im a damn dummy!!

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Clip person still win dummass

JayDr3am
    Handi

Lol I didn't even bet it. I just hate the Clippers. I've been in la my whole life and I don't understand why we even have them. Never seen one person root for them ever until a few years ago and all of a sudden everyone's a fan. Pathetic loser franchise. This is the most Clippersy thing to happen to the Clippers since... oh yeah since last year when they blew a three hundred point lead at home with forty seconds left in a closeout game against the absolutely inept Rockets and then went on to lose the series like the garbage they are. This is perfect. Can't wait for the Lakers to be good again.

i honestly hate the clippers. i dont know why but i continue to have this faith in them when they have ****** me over countless amounts of times its ridiculous..

and you know what sucks to say, they HAD to get rid of kobe in order to move forward lol

POOLSIDE

HAHAHAHAHAHA ladies and gentlemen, your Los Angeles Clippers

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
    Clip person still win dummass
    Thanks for the hot take and the name calling. Then again, at least it wasn't another thread about the Cavs. Baby steps, I suppose.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Of course you were

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24068

HAHAHAHAHAHA ladies and gentlemen, your Los Angeles Clippers
    Great hit here pre series sir...gotta admire that heart we saw last night from the clips though...no paul, no griffin, reddick playing with a torn leg muscle, rivers couldnt even see...heart man for once in the NBA...love it