austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who is to say that LeBron is not the next Karl Malone?

All you hear about are the numbers he puts up at his age of 22. He is now in he Finals up against a dynasty that looked every bit as one tonight as well. Now if Bron leads his Cavs to win it all I will eat my words, but right now who is to say he isn't a Malone?

Meaning someone who will end up in the HOF, but never won it all? Because he is goo and a 1-on-1 style player should we just expect that he will win it all at some point?

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

You're correct, of course. The history of the NBA is littered with very good, even HOF, players who never won it all. Sir Charles, the Mailman, Stockton, etc.

It's HARD to win an NBA title. Since we're all in agreement that there will never be another Celtic-like dynasty (11 titles in 13 years), just winning a couple of titles is quite an accomplishment.

Doc JS

austintx05

agreed Doc

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Kobe would be in the same boat if he didn't coattail Shaq to three titles.

I'm sure Lebron will win at least one before his career is all said and done. Would be nice if its this year.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron will certainly need some help. Maybe a Scottie Pippen type would get him there.

Or perhaps Garnett?

austintx05

he is too inconsistent right now, 48 pt in 2ot game and he gets polls on ESPN about O/U 3 rings, yet they fail to mention his 10 pt showing in Game of the ECF and his 14 pt performance in Game 1 of the Finals.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Kobe would be in the same boat if he didn't coattail Shaq to three titles.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I'm sure Lebron will win at least one before his career is all said and done.
    He may, but I think most would have thought that when he entered the NBA that Patrick Ewing would win at least one also and it never happened.

Doc JS

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

12-22-12:
    James has scored at least 20 points in all 24 Heat games this season, matching the longest run of 20-or-more efforts to start a year since Karl Malone did it for Utah in the 1989-90 campaign.
    Maybe it was fitting that James tied Malone's mark in a game against the Jazz.
    ''Karl Malone's a great player,'' James said before the game. ''Awesome player, by the way.''
    It also was the 29th straight regular-season game in which James scored at least 20 points and 45th consecutive overall.

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

hell of a bump. I was like wtf at the OP till i saw the date

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Damn. I still had my eyes.

òó