bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bruce Bowen will come up big time guys

Bruce Bowen will shut down Lebron

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Perhaps, but who's going to stop Eric Snow?

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Just like Tayshaun Prince, the league's other premier defensive small forward, was able to.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Put the Wild Turkey down Dan, because it is fogging up your mind.

isetcap

This is a nice statement for stirring up controversy and I'm sure people who rarely watch the NBA might run around saying things like this, but for anybody who has ever watched Bowen attempt to defend James it is obvious that Bruce does not possess the physical tools necessary to keep Lebron from getting to the rim.

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dan, this is the first time I've disagreed with you in a while.

Bruce is simply not strong enough to handle Lebron in the post, and he will not be able to get away with much in terms of fouls, no matter how subtle they may be.

The refs protected Wade last season in the Miami Heat over Dallas finals, and the refs will likely protect Lebron.

I'm not a conspiracy-theorist about Stern and the NBA, but Lebron is the future of this league -- they don't want teams/players to think they can get away with a foulfest against him. In order for Lebron to be showcased, he must be allowed to freely go to the basket. Just breathe on him, and a foul will likely be called.

The Cavs have big bodies to throw at Duncan. They have guys who can chase Parker and Ginobli and possibly slow them down.

The Spurs have NO ANSWER for Lebron. No one who can defend him. Not even Bowen.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    This is a nice statement for stirring up controversy and I'm sure people who rarely watch the NBA might run around saying things like this, but for anybody who has ever watched Bowen attempt to defend James it is obvious that Bruce does not possess the physical tools necessary to keep Lebron from getting to the rim.
    I take it your not a Bowen believer uh Isetcap

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bowen can't guard James, but the Spurs team D will absolutely eat King James up. He'll be flustered at best, and the majority of his point will have to come from long range jumpers with a few FT's smattered in.

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    Bowen can't guard James, but the Spurs team D will absolutely eat King James up. He'll be flustered at best, and the majority of his point will have to come from long range jumpers with a few FT's smattered in.
    So you're saying this is the first time the Spurs have played Cleveland and they're going to use some defense we've never seen before. Perhaps Duncan is going to be able to leap higher and prevent James from dunking on his head?

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Bruce can't check Lebron. If Cleveland's smart, they will put Lebron on the block, where he can use his strength and abuse Bowen. If/when SA sends the double, have Lebron kick the ball out to Gibson on the perimeter. This is Cleveland's only shot at winning this series. However, since Mike Brown is still the coach, I'm sure the Cavs will instead post-up Ilgauskas and Gooden so Duncan can block 7-8 shots/game.

Who's keeping Parker out of the lane for the Cavs?

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Since Dan apparently is not one who needs to pat himself on the back, I will do it for him. Nice call.

....and once again, Michael, Magic, Bird, etc. etc. can sleep well.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron needs to stop biting his nails and focus more on offense

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    So you're saying this is the first time the Spurs have played Cleveland and they're going to use some defense we've never seen before. Perhaps Duncan is going to be able to leap higher and prevent James from dunking on his head?

How's that crow taste, isetcap?

babaoriley

Seriously isetcap, I'm not trying to be a prick, but you've always rubbed me the wrong way, and you seem like a horrible sports analyst. Maybe you are a good bettor or even capper, but you always seem to lack the common sense that those bettors/cappers that are also fans happen to possess. Again, I could be wrong, but you and I often differ and this game was an S.A. domination of James. He settled for those long jumpers and FT's that I said he would. Actually, I had tonight's game pegged quite well. Check out my other posts and you'll see I thought Spurs DD but was worried about the backdoor cover, I bet "in running" lines of SA -5 (-105) and SA -7.5 (even), the under and truly had this game under wraps. Lebron will go balls out in game 2 and cleveland will not cover. Again, I realize this sounds prickish, but I'm only responding to your blatantly sarcastic remark.
    Last edited by babaoriley; 06-08-07 at 02:21 AM.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    Since Dan apparently is not one who needs to pat himself on the back, I will do it for him. Nice call.
    Yes, I'm happy to see that my prediction is holding up so far. However, I won't judge this one after only one game bud. Lets see if Lebron can elevate his game to another level in games 2,3,and 4 before saying I'm correct.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    Seriously isetcap, I'm not trying to be a prick, but you've always rubbed me the wrong way, and you seem like a horrible sports analyst. Maybe you are a good bettor or even capper, but you always seem to lack the common sense that those bettors/cappers that are also fans happen to possess. Again, I could be wrong, but you and I often differ and this game was an S.A. domination of James. He settled for those long jumpers and FT's that I said he would. Actually, I had tonight's game pegged quite well. Check out my other posts and you'll see I thought Spurs DD but was worried about the backdoor cover, I bet "in running" lines of SA -5 (-105) and SA -7.5 (even), the under and truly had this game under wraps. Lebron will go balls out in game 2 and cleveland will not cover. Again, I realize this sounds prickish, but I'm only responding to your blatantly sarcastic remark.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

so what else is new????

not like bruce bowen being a great defender has been a secret for the last 5-6 years and then of course they got Timmy who is not to shabby himself

bigboydan

That was no foul on Lebron. Bruce "big time" Bowen came up clutch at the end of game 3.

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's more than just Bowen slowing down Lebron, it's a team effort here. But yes, Bowen is the main guy.

Good call Dan..

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by gridironguy View Post
    It's more than just Bowen slowing down Lebron, it's a team effort here. But yes, Bowen is the main guy.

Good call Dan..
    Exactly. It's all about team defense. I can't believe that this is the most underrated subplot of this Finals. The Spurs' rotations are absolutely perfect. I've been harping on this for 4 games, and as a Spur season ticket holder I assumed some of you would listen, but for God's sake, please remember this when wagering on game 4.

bigboydan

Lebron needs to watch this video

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

u were right

bb agitates lb

bigboydan

So far as good on this prediction indeed dodif. Lets see if Lebron fails once again tonight.

BTW, I think he will.

tkt
    tkt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 637

Lebron under/over 27,5 points?

UNDER????

bigboydan

Thats the way I'd play that prop tkt.

Everyone knows that Lebron will be shooting the ball damn near every shot tonight, and I think the books have adjusted to this just for that factor alone.

bigboydan

You da man Bruce

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

this thread is gay