IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Howard to Celtics?

If you were Danny Ainge, what would you give up to get him, knowing that he's going to be a FA at the end of the season?

They have Marcus Smart whom would fit well next to Harden. Sullinger would be a logical piece too.

Then youngsters RJ.Hunter/ T.Rozier/ J.Mickey/ J.Young

...and draft picks (mavs' 1st, plus 2nd rounders from the sixers/ mavs/ heat/ cavs if I remember rightly).

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

The better question is what would you give up to make sure he doesn't end up on your team. I'd be willing to cut Marcus Smart if it meant keeping Dwight Howard the fcck away from my young team that's beginning to gel.

IBetYou

I was secretly thinking the same

So if they can't shift him over the break, I wonder, where will he wind up via FA...

IBetYou

Atlanta!

IBetYou

Dallas!

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Me thinks Ainge is too smart to even entertain the possibility of considering that heartless babymaking loser as a member of the Celts.

sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Me thinks Ainge is too smart to even entertain the possibility of considering that heartless babymaking loser as a member of the Celts.
    Think the Celts are just testing the waters on every available player. They've gotta cash in on these draft picks otherwise they're gonna have way too many players next year and all these "assets" they've been collecting will go to waste. I'd prefer them to make a run for Whiteside

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by sharper2 View Post
    Think the Celts are just testing the waters on every available player. They've gotta cash in on these draft picks otherwise they're gonna have way too many players next year and all these "assets" they've been collecting will go to waste. I'd prefer them to make a run for Whiteside
    Yeah, I agree. Heard Whiteside is a bit of a boob and an all-time social media whore, BUT at least the guy has some upside.
    I believe they are headed in the right direction, but NEED a couple trades/drafts to go their way.
    Top FA guys simply have zero desire to play for Boston, but that could change in the next few years with Stevens.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Why would anyone want Howard? The most overrated center in the league. If he played lock down defense and worked on the boards he would be a presence in the middle. Instead he wants more shots. Lifetime loser will never win anything.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Heard Whiteside is a bit of a boob and an all-time social media whore, BUT at least the guy has some upside.
    I believe they are headed in the right direction, but NEED a couple trades/drafts to go their way.
    Top FA guys simply have zero desire to play for Boston, but that could change in the next few years with Stevens.
    lol'd at "some" upside

the guys is a fukkin stud

squarenfl
    squarenfl's Avatar Become A Pro!

NY Knicks

IBetYou

The Knicks have Porzingis so don't need to swing for the fences. I think the Mavs are the best fit for him. They struck out on DJ last year. With Howard they could give Nowitzki a good team for his final few years...

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

If Ainge even entertains trading for Howard he should be fired on the spot. Howard is never going to be the 1 or 2 player on a great team. He isn't built for it.

The only potential free agent they should trade anything for is Durant and OKC would not deal him. If KD wanted to be the man in Boston, the East would be a great fight instead of Cavs walk through.

Ainge, Stevens and his staff need to agree on a core group they want to have for a handful of years. If they feel they can make a good long term deal now, you do it. The Celtics roster as currently composed, is not a real title threat. Add in a real lead player at any position and a draft pick that they hit on, they could be. Stevens is going to get teams to finals at some point and I hope it is with Boston.

They do do have an awesome outlook for years if they play their cards right.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Dallas!
    Parsons is already starting to work on that. I expect it to have a decent chance to happen.