Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Sixers strategy...

If you're the Sixers, let's be honest, you aren't beating the Warriors in overtime. Maybe a 10% chance.

Why not foul on that last possession, wind the clock down, then shoot a 3 (or a 2 should the Warriors miss 1 of the free throws) to decide the game? Seems to me that would've given them a much better chance.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    If you're the Sixers, let's be honest, you aren't beating the Warriors in overtime. Maybe a 10% chance.

Why not foul on that last possession, wind the clock down, then shoot a 3 (or a 2 should the Warriors miss 1 of the free throws) to decide the game? Seems to me that would've given them a much better chance.
    They are just trying not to lose games by 30...they arent thinking that far ahead of themselves...

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    They are just trying not to lose games by 30...they arent thinking that far ahead of themselves...
    They were 6-10 in their last 16 or something like that. They're not that 1-30 team anymore.

Plus which when the game is tied with 22 seconds left call me crazy but I'd say the chances you lose by 30 are pretty low.

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Professional coaches are usually ex-players of some sort. They are not math/probability theorists. So they play/coach extremely sub optimally in a lot of situations. Same principle in football. If you are a worse team, then any time you tie it up late in the 4th quarter, you should be going for 2, but no one ever does, preferring the "safe and conventional" option of taking it to OT. Plenty of situations where a " coach's coach" sitting in the pressbox/at home with direct contact to the head coach would result in higher net +EV over the course of a season. But nah, we'll just piss win equity away over and over, season after season (This applies to all sports and most areas of life as well. Everyone is a clueless moron, some just slightly less clueless than others, etc.)

Example of the football scenario is the Ravens vs Broncos playoffs game that year that Ray Lewis retired. After the miracle hail mary, Ravens should be going for 2 there every single time. But instead opt to go to OT and fluke out a win. Literally should have fired Harbaugh on the spot after that game if you understood probabilities/math at all. Instead, he is praised for great coaching. What the penetrate???
    Last edited by aznbluff; 01-30-16 at 06:31 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Seto gave aznbluff 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

Waiting on my teaser CAVS +10, sixers +26 and pacers -.5

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    They were 6-10 in their last 16 or something like that. They're not that 1-30 team anymore.

Plus which when the game is tied with 22 seconds left call me crazy but I'd say the chances you lose by 30 are pretty low.
    I completely agree with your theory on the foul giving them time...just not sure thats where the sixers are thinking on that level yet,.
    Points Awarded:

Seto gave funnyb25 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    I completely agree with your theory on the foul giving them time...just not sure thats where the sixers are thinking on that level yet,.
    Fair enough.